Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 6:09:40 AM EDT
Hi from MI,

Sorry for the intrusion, but I've been unable to get an answer on the phone at MG Kelly's for the entire month since he reopened after the holidays.  I did get a answer where a message was taken on the first day, but since then, no change in answering machine message and no one answering the phone, no response to E-Mails for a couple of weeks as well.

Anyone been by to see if they are open?

-Dan
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I was by there this morning but it was before business hours.  There are no notices posted on the door and I couldn't see inside because of the tinted windows.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Try calling from a different fone #, maybe he is screening his calls?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been there since the holidays to do the paperwork on my two lastest suppressors. He didn't open after the holidays as soon as he originally posted on his sign. One of his son's had surgery, I believe for a hernia.
I haven't been there for a week or so, but I don't think anything happened.
As you know, Kelley is hard to get hold of anytime.

For anyone interested, I finally got my AAC Evolution 9, 9mm handgun suppressor. And I finally got my LRM M169 Suppressed 9mm upper. Both took a long time to get after I paid for them. As usual, Kelley didn't call to tell me that he got them, so they sat in his store for a couple weeks until I found out from the transfering dealer that he should have them. I then went down to The Gun Vault to start the paperwork and there was a fatal MVA on Sunset, so they had the road blocked off for a couple miles: I had to drive way around just to get close and then walked. There was a problem with the paperwork from the transfering dealer so I had to come back. Then the holidays hit. Then Kelley didn't open on time because of the surgery. I eventually got the paperwork down to the sheriff's office and am waiting. This was a very long, drawn out transaction. I probably have close to a year into this before it is over with delays from the manufacturers, dealer, holidays and I haven't even dealt with ATF yet.
I currently have two form 1s in the system right now that seem to be taking a long time despite everyone saying that ATF is a lot faster now that they have moved to WV. So I don't expect any increase in the speed of this whole deal when I submit the two new form 4s for the suppressors. I should be shooting them in another couple months
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:02:15 PM EDT
[#4]
That is why a LLC or any company is the best way to go. Avoid the CLEO and the delay.

Also allows for anyone in the company to possess the item.

I ordered a LEO c-mag from Kelly's......it was like pulling teeth trying to get it. I finally gave up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:36:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have been there since the holidays to do the paperwork on my two lastest suppressors. He didn't open after the holidays as soon as he originally posted on his sign. One of his son's had surgery, I believe for a hernia.
I haven't been there for a week or so, but I don't think anything happened.
As you know, Kelley is hard to get hold of anytime.

For anyone interested, I finally got my AAC Evolution 9, 9mm handgun suppressor. And I finally got my LRM M169 Suppressed 9mm upper. Both took a long time to get after I paid for them. As usual, Kelley didn't call to tell me that he got them, so they sat in his store for a couple weeks until I found out from the transfering dealer that he should have them. I then went down to The Gun Vault to start the paperwork and there was a fatal MVA on Sunset, so they had the road blocked off for a couple miles: I had to drive way around just to get close and then walked. There was a problem with the paperwork from the transfering dealer so I had to come back. Then the holidays hit. Then Kelley didn't open on time because of the surgery. I eventually got the paperwork down to the sheriff's office and am waiting. This was a very long, drawn out transaction. I probably have close to a year into this before it is over with delays from the manufacturers, dealer, holidays and I haven't even dealt with ATF yet.
I currently have two form 1s in the system right now that seem to be taking a long time despite everyone saying that ATF is a lot faster now that they have moved to WV. So I don't expect any increase in the speed of this whole deal when I submit the two new form 4s for the suppressors. I should be shooting them in another couple months

Amazing.  I have heard at least three different people complain about the exact same thing when dealing with kelly.  I'd be flipping out if I were you; my last two transfers were done in less than 30 days.  If you want to know who I went through, IM me.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:03:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Usually it's no problem to get a kid on the phone, an adult is a different story.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Boy, ain't that the truth Big Bang.  

The last time I was in there, two different people were trying to pick up wepons. Both came in there with accesories (cases, tools, spares) - and it was a clusterfuck trying to locate them.

One customer left, having been told "It will turn up".  I wonder if he ever got the rest of his stuff...

If there is a gunshow, Kelly is closed. Sick kid, closed. Good weather, closed.  He takes lots of vacations, and has lots of toys.  Musta been born rich.

Lem

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#8]
"my last two transfers were done in less than 30 days"

Thanks, but none of that applies to this situation. Kelly had very little to do with it.
I bought both suppressors from this board's NFA Equipment Exchange board: Henry at TitleII Firearms. First I had to wait for both suppressors to be manufactured. This took the vast majority of the time. Then I had to wait on the  form 3 to transfer the suppressors from Henry to Kelly. Henry shipped Kelly three suppressors and forgot to include an invoice as to who's suppressor was who's. The only delay with Kelly was the fact that he was closed during the holidays.

Kelly's business could use some work. He is trying to run the whole thing himself and can't handle it. But, IMO, Kelly is a nice guy. And being a nice guy goes a long way with me. I have attempted to do business with some other NFA dealers in both Las Vegas and Pahrump. Again, IMO all the ones I dealt with where obnoxious assholes. I don't give obnoxious assholes my money. I don't kiss people's ass to do business with them when I am the one paying. And, I am not impressed by the fact that they own a gun business nor am I impressed that they own some dealer sample machine guns.
This is my fifth NFA transaction in the last six months through a dealer. I have also registered four SBRs and one SBS in the last  year. I am seriously thinking about buying one more subgun: probably an HK MP5; if I decide to go ahead with buying one more instead of buying furniture . Being a nice guy might pay off for him.

One of the dealers that gets a lot of coverage on this board was going to agree to do a transfer for me, just as a big favor. He wanted to sell me the stuff himself. His price was HUNDREDS more than what I actually ended up paying for the stuff. HUNDREDS more on an item that cost me $550. That is only what ? Close to 50% more. AND the guy that was selling it to me was making money to begin with.  In the short time I was there, I heard three times about the fact that he put $600,000 into the business.
Wow, that is about what I have in my house.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#9]
$0.02:  I've used Kelly for two FFL transactions and both were sat.  The latest was a month ago and though I don't know how many lines he has (more than 2 I believe), while waiting on the background check all lines were busy either with incoming calls or on hold waiting for the bgc lady to take care of a transaction.  By the time they did start with the bg checks, there were four lined up for action.  I did not have any problem calling him if I recall correctly to check if my weapon arrived prior to pick up.  Spoke to his son both times.  He's got the best FFL fee that I've been able to find ($15.00).  IMho, he's got great patience and above par customer service.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
"my last two transfers were done in less than 30 days"

Thanks, but none of that applies to this situation. Kelly had very little to do with it.
I bought both suppressors from this board's NFA Equipment Exchange board: Henry at TitleII Firearms. First I had to wait for both suppressors to be manufactured. This took the vast majority of the time. Then I had to wait on the  form 3 to transfer the suppressors from Henry to Kelly. Henry shipped Kelly three suppressors and forgot to include an invoice as to who's suppressor was who's. The only delay with Kelly was the fact that he was closed during the holidays.

Kelly's business could use some work. He is trying to run the whole thing himself and can't handle it. But, IMO, Kelly is a nice guy. And being a nice guy goes a long way with me. I have attempted to do business with some other NFA dealers in both Las Vegas and Pahrump. Again, IMO all the ones I dealt with where obnoxious assholes. I don't give obnoxious assholes my money. I don't kiss people's ass to do business with them when I am the one paying. And, I am not impressed by the fact that they own a gun business nor am I impressed that they own some dealer sample machine guns.
This is my fifth NFA transaction in the last six months through a dealer. I have also registered four SBRs and one SBS in the last  year. I am seriously thinking about buying one more subgun: probably an HK MP5; if I decide to go ahead with buying one more instead of buying furniture . Being a nice guy might pay off for him.

One of the dealers that gets a lot of coverage on this board was going to agree to do a transfer for me, just as a big favor. He wanted to sell me the stuff himself. His price was HUNDREDS more than what I actually ended up paying for the stuff. HUNDREDS more on an item that cost me $550. That is only what ? Close to 50% more. AND the guy that was selling it to me was making money to begin with.  In the short time I was there, I heard three times about the fact that he put $600,000 into the business.
Wow, that is about what I have in my house.

Cool.  I dont' shill for anyone, which is why I mentioned IM.  

My own experience is that I've tried to use kelly for different things, and got a bit tired of an 8 year old being my go between.  Not to mention his prices are, ahem, lofty.  But if you are happy, great.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:03:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I went' back and reread your post and found this:

Quoted:
As usual, Kelley didn't call to tell me that he got them, so they sat in his store for a couple weeks until I found out from the transfering dealer that he should have them.

Like I said before, I've been livid.  But hey, you must be much more patient than I am.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:44:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, that is Kelly's fault, but here is what happened.
I have been doing business with Henry at TitleII. I told him up front that Kelly will not call and tell me that the stuff is there. Kelly doesn't even know it is there . So, I told Henry to be sure and let me know when he ships the stuff so I can go down to Kelly's and start the paperwork. In my previous post I used the wrong word, "they". In fact, it was only the LRM M169 upper. I bought this upper through Henry, but the upper was shipped directly from the factory to Kelly. So, Henry didn't let me know that it had shipped, because he didn't know. When he called to say the Evo9 has shipped, I asked about the upper and he got back to me with the news that it had been shipped a month ago. It didn't really matter to me because now, I could just take care of both cans at the same time.

Someone should publish this somewhere: IF YOU ARE NOT A PATIENT PERSON, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ENTER THE ARENA OF NFA WEAPONS. This game is all about patience. For those of us that arn't rich you wait while you save or work overtime. You wait while you are trying to decide what to buy. You wait while you are trying to find someone selling what you want to buy. You research local NFA dealers (which stock almost no NFA stuff: it all pretty much has to be ordered). When you order the stuff you wait on the Form 3. Then you wait a week or two for the CLEO signoff. Then you wait for the Form 4 to come back. This whole thing is a witing game. Some of this stuff I own took me a year or more to put the whole deal together from deciding to buy, to putting it in my safe. A week here and there isn't going to make or break any deal for me. Another obvious factor is, when you buy your first one of anything, you are excited and can't wait. Once you already have a few, it isn't as big of a deal.
Shit, I work so much that it might be a week before I can even find time to take care of some aspect of the transaction and I might decide that I don't feel like it and wait two weeks.

I appreciate the offer. No disrespect intended to anyone. In a nutshell I guess I am saying that no local NFA dealer I have dealt with made me feel comfortable and made me happy. Kelly is the least offensive to me. He has many faults. But they are faults I am willing to overlook. Other local dealers also have faults, but they are faults that grate on my nerves more than Kelly's.  If I decide to buy anything else, I will get in touch with you. Again, I appreciate the offer.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#13]
444, we really have to get together, I've been eyeballing the LRM 169 for a while now, and I'd like to see yours, along with your M4-2000.  You really went on a buying spree since we met, didn't you?  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#14]
444:

A fair summation of the retail firearms biz in the vegas valley.

All of the retail outlets have some warts - Kelly's seem to be availability.  He is a nice guy, and I continue to buy from him.   Don't expect him to get a special order without several reminders.  Anyone that has been in there has seen him screen calls via caller ID.  If you really need to have him answer the phone, buy a cheap calling card.

I doubt I have been to every little hole in the wall here in the valley, but I have hit many of them.  They all have their weaknesses, and some have no strengths.

Where does everybody here buy their reloading supplies?

Lem
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:43:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Lol.  This forum is awesome.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:05:20 AM EDT
[#17]
"You really went on a buying spree since we met, didn't you? "

That is a problem. I work all the time to pay for it. I can't afford this stuff without working almost twice my normal hours. That makes it hard to enjoy the stuff after I get it. I got some real estate for sale in Pahrump. If that sells, I will be back on my feet.
Actually, I am in a lull now. I wanted all this stuff. Jumped through all the hoops to buy it. And now, I am almost done with this mission once I get these last two cans home. I still want an MP5, but that would take a very serious committment. I really need to be putting that effort/money into my house instead of more toys.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:42:27 PM EDT
[#18]
You know that I am ALWAYS willing to help you break in your new aquisitions....eh buddy??... right?

"G"
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the information guys.  I was absolutely aware of Kelly's lax attitude when I started doing business with him.  I am taking possession of a S&W 76 owned by a resident, and Kelly received my paperwork on 2/11/05.  He indicated to me that he had a special contact inside of the BATF that he sends the forms to for slightly faster turnaround.  I could have sent them in myself, but I was greedy, and gave the forms to Kelly.  Now, it's 330 days later.  The NFA division has not yet cashed my check, and has not seen any action against the serial number when I called to check.  Now, I know NFA weapons are a patience game. But it is reasonable to expect that a guy who took a large sum of money for me, promising faster service, would at least take my call.  Every time I've called in the past, it's been a five minute conversation, polite, straightforward.

I paid for this damn thing in 9/04.  He told me I'd have it by 2/05, but I didn't even get a signed copy of the paperwork until 1/05 to do my part.  Now it's 1/06 and I can't even talk to the guy.

Refund is not an option because the value has gone up significantly since I bought it, and I would appreciate having it much more than even a value adjustment.

If you are F.T., local to his shop with a S&W76 U44xx that you sold to him and he indicated the transfer was underway on your behalf to me, I would love to get in contact with you because I feel that pushing a set of paperwork through, signed by you, direct to ATF, may actually save time over the situation I am dealing with now.

-Dan
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Thanks for the information guys.  I was absolutely aware of Kelly's lax attitude when I started doing business with him.  I am taking possession of a S&W 76 owned by a resident, and Kelly received my paperwork on 2/11/05.  He indicated to me that he had a special contact inside of the BATF that he sends the forms to for slightly faster turnaround.  I could have sent them in myself, but I was greedy, and gave the forms to Kelly.  Now, it's 330 days later.  The NFA division has not yet cashed my check, and has not seen any action against the serial number when I called to check.  Now, I know NFA weapons are a patience game. But it is reasonable to expect that a guy who took a large sum of money for me, promising faster service, would at least take my call.  Every time I've called in the past, it's been a five minute conversation, polite, straightforward.

I paid for this damn thing in 9/04.  He told me I'd have it by 2/05, but I didn't even get a signed copy of the paperwork until 1/05 to do my part.  Now it's 1/06 and I can't even talk to the guy.

Refund is not an option because the value has gone up significantly since I bought it, and I would
appreciate having it much more than even a value adjustment.

If you are F.T., local to his shop with a S&W76 U44xx that you sold to him and he indicated the transfer was underway on your behalf to me, I would love to get in contact with you because I feel that pushing a set of paperwork through, signed by you, direct to ATF, may actually save time over the situation I am dealing with now.

-Dan

WOW  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Refund is not an option because the value has gone up significantly since I bought it, and I would appreciate having it much more than even a value adjustment.

-Dan

Unfortunately, your story is not all that uncommon.  I'd stop payment on your check and resubmit the entire package myself. Yep, huge pain in the ass, but you need to PERSONALLY handle your submissions to BATF&E. There are no short cuts and each dealer is assigned a legal instruments examiner. Regardless of what he may have told you, he doesn't get to select which examiner he wants to handle his transfers. That's rich!

Cut and pasted from the Subguns.com Board Of Inquiry..

Subguns.com Board of Inquiry

Warning: Kelly Carne of Machine Gun Kelly's in Las

Posted By: X-treme Weapons In Louisiana <[email protected]>
Date: 1/3/06 01:20

Kelly Carne Of Machine Kelly's in Las Vegas Nevada sold me a gun he said he had in stock on 10-10-2005. a month and a half ago after numerous calls for a tracking number on the gun, he tells me the gun was the wrong caliber and he sent out a refund. That was a month and a half ago. All calls to kelly now end up in the person answering the phone putting me on hold after I tell them I have not received the refund and hanging up on me after a few minutes. I even had one of his friends ask about my refund and Kelly told him he sent out a second check and called me to let me know about the second check. I never had that conversation with Kelly and a second check never arrived. I have received several e-mails from others who have the same story. I think I'll just show up at his next gun show in las vegas and let his customers know how he does business as well as all the dealers at the show.......Kevin at X-treme Weapons. in Louisiana.....225-921-2408 or 225-754-7264.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I will give another WOW.....

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey VEGAS-SMG that doesnt sound like Kelly at all. I know his kids answer the phones alot along with the guys he hires who talk as big as the egos they carry but Mr Carnes is a nice guy.  I dropped by his shop Jan. 21 and looks like he is getting ready to move across the street to a new shop with a 4 lane shooting range where you can try out the guns before you buy them.  He has been having some trouble with son getting hernia surgery, or his shop flooding. I saw this flooding first hand myself when all the ammo he had was soaked cause one of the pipes in the building bursted.  Just make sure you talk to Kelly Senior and not Kelly JR who answer the phone alot. He also is the only guy in town that charges $25.00 flat for a transfer, which was the cheapest, but now Islandtactical.com on S. Durango charges $20.00 bucks for a transfer and alot shorter drive for me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Hey VEGAS-SMG that doesnt sound like Kelly at all. I know his kids answer the phones alot along with the guys he hires who talk as big as the egos they carry but Mr Carnes is a nice guy.  I dropped by his shop Jan. 21 and looks like he is getting ready to move across the street to a new shop with a 4 lane shooting range where you can try out the guns before you buy them.  He has been having some trouble with son getting hernia surgery, or his shop flooding. I saw this flooding first hand myself when all the ammo he had was soaked cause one of the pipes in the building bursted.  Just make sure you talk to Kelly Senior and not Kelly JR who answer the phone alot. He also is the only guy in town that charges $25.00 flat for a transfer, which was the cheapest, but now Islandtactical.com on S. Durango charges $20.00 bucks for a transfer and alot shorter drive for me.

Where is this Island Tactical place you mentioned?  I'd love to stop by and take a look.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#25]
I am not the smartest guy in the world, but a lot of this stuff, I figured out right off the bat.

"you need to PERSONALLY handle your submissions to BATF&E"
I have done at least a half dozen NFA transactions with Kelly. The only thing Kelly did with the paperwork was to sign it. I filled it out, printed it, got the signatures and mailed it personally.

Second, I handled the entire transaction myself. I decided what I wanted to buy, found out who had one, bought it, went down to Kellys and got copies of his FFL and SOT which I mailed to the other dealer myself: when I showed up at his shop I had a stamped addressed envelope for the other dealer. I informed the other dealer that I wanted constant updates on the status of the transaction. When he told me that he shipped it to Kelly, I went down and told Kelly he had my stuff. He always said no. I told him to go look again and sure enough he had it. At this point, I got his signature on paperwork I already filled out. After a couple months I would stop in there at least once a week to see if the tax stamp came back.

Kelly is not a thief. He is a man that is overwhelmed by his business. He isn't doing this stuff to be a dick. So, once you understand the rules of the game, you should have no trouble. He has the FFl and SOT. He has a good price on transfers. You do the work and all he has to do is accept the package and run it through his books. If you deviate from this, you will probably have trouble.
The first two suppressors I ever bought, I ordered through Kelly. It was not a good experience. From then on, it has just been transfers. The goods were purchased through another NFA dealer out of state (right off the equipment exchange section of this board).

Just to beat a dead horse: you can imagine how much I was turned off by the other local NFA dealers if I am willing to do all the work myself and put up with this stuff just to avoid doing business with them.

While we are bashing local NFA dealers, I had some brief recent dealings with Discount Firearms.
They had a Vector UZI hanging on the wall at a good price. I asked some questions and the guy gave me some very vague and very brief answers to my questions. Didn't volunteer anything. Didn't make any effort to sell it to me. Ended the conversation as quickly as he could. Months later, I go in there again and they have an MP5 at what looks like a good price. This time I dealt with a female but the result was almost exactly the same. Almost no information at all. I asked her if it was a sear gun. She said she thought so but needed to check the paperwork to be sure. I said, "Would it be too much to ask you to check the paperwork for me ? " She said she was busy.
WTF ???
I was taking about spending 13k and she was busy ??????
I feel sure that if I had wanted to buy a Makarov, they would have spent far more time trying to close the sale.

Being an NFA dealer in Las Vegas must be a fantastic way to make a fortune.
They obviously don't need your money. They are rude as hell and make every effort to run you off. Other businesses actually have to work at satifying their customers and hoping they come back. These guys MUST hope that you leave without buying anything and tell all your friends not to go there.

I once went to American Shooters Supply for some uniforms. While I was waiting I wandered into the gun shop. I spotted a .308 rifle that I had been seriously thinking about buying. I asked to see it. The person behind the counter said "Are you going to buy it, because if not I have other customers". I have probably purchased hundreds of guns since that day and a couple thousand worth of work uniforms every year since then: not one dime of my money was ever spent there again.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Please, there is one detail here that is relevant and REQUIRES Kelly's assistance to get the transaction done.  I really want to take your advice and drive the paperwork myself, but without even a tiny amount of assistance from him, I can't.

The S&W 76 in question is currently owned by an individual in Nevada.  He sold the gun to Kelly (some time ago)

Kelly replied to a WTB: ad I posted, offering the gun.  When I accepted, he cancelled the transaction to himself (in process at that time), and filed a new set of paperwork transferring the gun directly to me from the previous owner.

Kelly interfaced with the owner of the gun to get paperwork signed.  He sent that signed paperwork to me.  After completing my paperwork, he took it back from me to submit through his special contact.  Now that the paperwork is MIA, I'd like to submit my own paperwork, personally, but I don't know the seller.  I need contact with the person that the gun is currently registered to, and I don't have his contact information.  If I can get ahold of him directly, and explain what I'm being put through, I'm sure he'll sign another form so I can get things underway.

Obviously, hindsight is 20/20.  My first NFA transfer has taught me a lot.

Without contact with Kelly, I'm dead stuck.  He needs to push the paperwork properly, or he needs to give me the contact information of the currently registered owner on the ATF books.

Thus, my inquiry above -- if anyone knows F.T. of Las Vegas, owning S&W76 Serial # U44xx, I would love someone to put me in touch with him so I could get things on the right road.

Thanks again,

-Dan

PS...incidentally the person does not appear to have a listed phone number.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where is this Island Tactical place you mentioned?  I'd love to stop by and take a look.

Um....

www.islandtactical.com/index.asp

Wonder how I missed that, being so close to my house and all.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Thus, my inquiry above -- if anyone knows F.T. of Las Vegas, owning S&W76 Serial # U44xx, I would love someone to put me in touch with him so I could get things on the right road.

Thanks again,

-Dan

PS...incidentally the person does not appear to have a listed phone number.

Try www.zabasearch.com

May help you out with contact info. See if he has an address and then try and reverse lookup for a phone.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Now that the paperwork is MIA, I'd like to submit my own paperwork, personally, but I don't know the seller.

It's probably lost on Kelly's piano.

(VegasSMG: You knew I would finally have to pipe into this thread at SOME point!)

-Caver
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Man.... Martin from Black Rifle Armory and John as the owner of Citadel have nearly been cruxified on this NV forum for situations that have happened and Kelly gets a free ride

Some of you give him your money knowing damn well he is going to take his sweet time I have read on other boards (Subguns and Sturmgewher) that this in nothing out of the ordinary? The first time I read one of those posts I couldn't believe it. I read it again... and again... and again. Kelly is a really nice guy and has always treated with courtesy and respect. Maybe you guys have truck-loads of cash and it's no big deal but some of these people have saved and saved to get something and then.......................................................... nothing.......................... phone calls being avoided................. emails not returned. I couldn't believe it but it was from more than one person giving their experience.

Owning a business in not easy and it's NOT A REASON to give somebody a free ride. Hell.. I own 3 offices and have four kids but if I wasn't getting medical records out in time do you think people would come to my aid, "awhhh......that's Dr. Ron... he's really nice so don't worry about your records... he will get them for you in a couple of months". HELL NO! Again.. .maybe some of you guys have a ton of cash to burn by I know I don't. If Mr. ASSHOLE could transfer me a machinegun for $100 with returned phone calls/emails and Mr. NICEGUY could transfer it for me $100 but blew me off and did the transfer when he felt he wanted to..... do I need to say anything further?

I really like Martin and John and have never seen this kind of courtesy extended to them (and they have better prices to boot )

thanks, (rant off)
Ron

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey GUNBERT,

If you are out by Rhodes Ranch then you are close man. Just go south half a block from the main gate and you are there at Islandtactical.  Or go 215 West and get off at Durango and head south depending on which direction you are coming from. It is right before a Chevron station on the left side of the street.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Hey GUNBERT,

If you are out by Rhodes Ranch then you are close man. Just go south half a block from the main gate and you are there at Islandtactical.  Or go 215 West and get off at Durango and head south depending on which direction you are coming from. It is right before a Chevron station on the left side of the street.

I noticed their ad in those zipcode magazines (89144, etc.) that you get free in the mail.  Seemed out of place amongst all the landscaping, furniture, spa, and doctor ads  I checked out the website and signed up for updates.  They have a pretty decent selection of stuff.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:51:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Ah, the Piano story.

I have seen the same fat guy in Kelly's a half dozen times last year.  He is always asking Kelly for some sort of disc (cd?) that he loaned Kelly.  Always the same story - "It is on my piano".

Is there some sort of inside joke about this "piano"?

Lem

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#35]
I think Doc Cheney is right on with his post. Citadel and BRA get raked over the coals but Kelly gets off easy. Both owners of Citadel and BRA work to please the customer. Kelly sits on his ass in his store while bullshitting with his redneck buddies and makes those creepy little kids of his do the counter work. I don't think Kelly thinks much of his non machine gun customers if he has his kids approaching customers.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:07:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Doc, if it makes you feel any better, I like Citidal. I go there and buy something every couple weeks. I went in there yesterday and spent $75. I have to say that his prices are very high, but at least he has stuff in inventory that was totally unavailable elsewhere (as far as I know) without ordering it.

One other note on one of the dealers mentioned. One reason I didn't do a transaction through him was because he insisted that he was going to do the paperwork. He is far too important not to. Thing is, I WANT to do my own paperwork for several reasons. First of all, I know it is done right. Second, it is done neatly: that paperwork is going to be around a long time. Finally, I know it was sent in and when.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
All this bullshit is why I only do private party transfers. If I was gonna buy from a dealer it would be from Van of Van's Guns or Mike at All Weapons Plus.

Bob... when you first mentioned Van's Guns awhile back, I went straight over there. I was in there for all of 10 minutes and thought I was going to get a bad case of lung cancer . That place had more smoke than a 4-alarm fire. There was Van (I assume) and two other older fellas sitting around smoking cigarettes and cigars.. could barely gasp for my last bit of air  He was very nice and helpful though.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:34:05 PM EDT
[#39]

Have you ever talked to Ike? He does transfers fairly cheap and is VERY prompt. Some don't like his attitude but he is a straight-shooter... some don't like that. We have been very good friends for years and I know he does ALOT of Class 3 transfers. He only does Title 1 one stuff for friends or favors, he doesn't care for semi-autos.

Just a thought..

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Doc, if it makes you feel any better, I like Citidal. I go there and buy something every couple weeks. I went in there yesterday and spent $75. I have to say that his prices are very high, but at least he has stuff in inventory that was totally unavailable elsewhere (as far as I know) without ordering it.

One other note on one of the dealers mentioned. One reason I didn't do a transaction through him was because he insisted that he was going to do the paperwork. He is far too important not to. Thing is, I WANT to do my own paperwork for several reasons. First of all, I know it is done right. Second, it is done neatly: that paperwork is going to be around a long time. Finally, I know it was sent in and when.

I did my own paperwork with Martin.  He was happy that he didn't have to do it... he said he liked to do it for customers because so many of them screwed it up, and he just liked helping.  Look at it from whatever angle you like.  And as far was kellys 'inside guy', all I know is that Barger & Barger (Martins company) was assigned to Nicole Dudash, NFA examiner in the new VW branch... and that she knocked out two transfers in just under a month (including the time it took to fix a paperwork error because I messed up my certification of citizenship form!)   Sounds like you just have a personality conflict with Martin... hell, that's why wolfpack won't go there either.  But hey, if you like waiting all year for a transfer, ok.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Hey GUNBERT,

Man that's right around the corner.  Sweet.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#43]
I've got a Kelly story, Caver has a Kelly story, and I personally know three other locals that have a Kelly story, all true, and all involving title 2 firearms. Call Doc Dater at GemTech and ask him about Kelly if you want a good story from a manufacturer or contact Rex Merrill at Vector Arms and inquire about Mr. Karn. It's amazing so many of Kelly's orders and checks get lost in the mail... really bad luck I guess. Out of state title one transfers don't seem to be a problem, and I'd have no problem buying a title one firearm he has in stock, it's the title two weapons that seem to be a problem. Yep, he's a likeable fellow, never said he wasn't.

I understand the process of NFA transfers and the time frames involved. In fact, I'm in the process of my eighth transfer right now. Kelly Karn did my first and last title 2 transfer for me in 1999. I've used Ike Ziros for all the rest that weren't private party transfers, and have never had a problem with his performance. I understand Ike's demeanor, but I'm sure some may not like him on a personal level. Fine, but rest assured he's as good and honest a NFA dealer as you'll find in this town. He's on the Bower's Recommended Dealers List, and it takes a LOT of satisfied customers to make it there. In fact, I can guarantee that Tom Bowers himself would recommend Ike 100%.www.subguns.com/
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#44]
"Have you ever talked to Ike?"

Yes, I met him a couple months ago. He did a transfer on an AK reciever I bought to participate in the AK building thread on this board. He seemed like a great guy. In fact, the main reason I haven't bought anything through him is because I haven't bought anything since I met him.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
"Have you ever talked to Ike?"

Yes, I met him a couple months ago. He did a transfer on an AK reciever I bought to participate in the AK building thread on this board. He seemed like a great guy. In fact, the main reason I haven't bought anything through him is because I haven't bought anything since I met him.

Were you with Gary when you guys picked up the receivers? I set that up wth Ike and he did that as a favor us. Again, he hates dealing with semi-auto stuff and it's more hassle than it's worth. He is a full-time Metro Sgt. so most of his off-duty time is devoted to Class 3 sales/transfers. Give him an email at [email protected] if you need help. Hope this helps a little more

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Yes.
Gary and I work together.
Actually I do all the work and he gets paid for it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Yes.
Gary and I work together.
Actually I do all the work and he gets paid for it.

thanks,
Ron
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top