Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 1:24:51 PM EDT
I may have to part with my Colt AR 15.. Car troubles and if I cannot get the funding, will have to sell either the AR or the Mac 90.. Each have a butt-load of mags and ammo..
I would post over in the for sale thingy but am not interested in shipping and stuff.. Rather sell to locals..
So putting this in here to see if there is any interest.....
<br>

It sucks to be in the red

Now, I really would like to keep the AR, so I have an offer of 2,490 rds. of the IMI Green Tip 62 gr. @ .2008 ea = $500

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:28:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By Militia Mike:
I may have to part with my Colt AR 15.. Car troubles and if I cannot get the funding, will have to sell either the AR or the Mac 90.. Each have a butt-load of mags and ammo..
I would post over in the for sale thingy but am not interested in shipping and stuff.. Rather sell to locals..
So putting this in here to see if there is any interest.....

Are you in Vegas?

I'd be HIGHLY interested in your .223/5.56 if you're going to dump it.

I'm in Gardnerville (just South of Carson City), and I'd be willing to help you figure out the shipping (and I'd pay the shipping, of course!).
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Or since I'm going to be down at SHOT anyway next month, I could bring it back up with me. GryponX could hand me a money order or personal check and I could just hand it over to you then bring it back up with me.

Just a suggestion.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:06:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll have to spend tomorrow pulling out all the mags and ammo to see just what kind of pile I have and then will figgure out the price and take a pic or 2 of the entire deal... I don't have anything else in 223 so no sense in keeping the ammo or mags...
I am hoping for a cash deal... I don't have a bank to cash checks with (don't like to deal with them).. And no it ain't "hot"... Many on here have seen me out with it numerous times when we were shooting at Sloan...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:10:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Holy crap! Meansteve comes through with yet another polite and helpful post. Dammit, Steve, yer gonna have to change yer screen name. I am so proud of you.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I am interested in the MAK90... PM/email sent.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Or since I'm going to be down at SHOT anyway next month, I could bring it back up with me. GryponX could hand me a money order or personal check and I could just hand it over to you then bring it back up with me.

Just a suggestion.

Thats a better idea.

Thanks for the offer WP, but if  take MeanSteve up on his offer, I won't have to wait to Spring

Hey Steve - that would rock!

If this works out, I'd be happy to chip in some gas money for the Ayatolla Carolla
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#10]

I'll have to spend tomorrow pulling out all the mags and ammo to see just what kind of pile I have and then will figgure out the price and take a pic or 2 of the entire deal... I don't have anything else in 223 so no sense in keeping the ammo or mags...
I am hoping for a cash deal... I don't have a bank to cash checks with (don't like to deal with them).. And no it ain't "hot"... Many on here have seen me out with it numerous times when we were shooting at Sloan...

That's cool - more mags are never a bad thing

I've been squirreling away money in the hard-cash form, so cash is definitely do-able. Is a Money Order as good as cash to you? We don't have to do a check, but I always like more secure alternatives to floating cash around the countryside.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:29:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Is a Money Order as good as cash to you?

I would still have to use a bank to cash those..
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:47:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Is a Money Order as good as cash to you?

I would still have to use a bank to cash those..

Aha! Gotcha. In my experience, when people say "don't like to deal with banks," they're referring to having an account at a bank. But those same people don't mind getting a secure Money Order and then cashing it somewhere.

You really don't like to deal with banks, therefore, we will work out some other way to do business that doesn't involve a financial institution (other than my cold, hard cash, and your wallet ).

Please let me know when you've done inventory, and we can work something out.

Thanks again!

~GryphonX
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:56:56 AM EDT
[#13]
On the subject of using Meansteve as a go between, I'll vouch for his ability to perform the task. Everyone here knows how to find me and I know how to find Steve (you could just order pizza), so this scenario is probably more secure than allowing banks and postal employees to handle the goods and payments.
In fact, you could say Steve is a professional deliverer. I think he should change his name to something like that. "DeliveranceSteve" maybe. He could have a banjo theme song. It'd be cool!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:22:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
In fact, you could say Steve is a professional deliverer. I think he should change his name to something like that. "DeliveranceSteve" maybe. He could have a banjo theme song. It'd be cool!

I like the idea of the inherent musical accompaniment with "DeliveranceSteve," but how about something more catering to the commerical supply and his touted security (he would have iminent access to firearms, afterall - it would be like Wells Fargo, but he rides shotgun for himself)?

SecureSupplySteve  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:02:13 PM EDT
[#15]

I like the moniker of "Ding-Dong Delivery".......
(all along I suspected our northern brethren's obsession with that substance(?) would come to this)
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:07:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
"Ding-Dong Delivery".......

Kin I git a BOOOYAAAH!
It's even sing-songy. MeanSteve proudly presents Ding-Dong Delivery! Could even be used as a cover , pretending to be a Motown act.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:05:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Whoa Mike! That's quite the little hoard you've got going there.

Unfortunately, I couldn't dream of coming up with enough to do the package deal.

All I would be interested in is the ammo, and at that price, the most I could do now would be 500 rds of the IMI for $100.

I feel your pain, brother, but I just can't come up with the kind of money you're looking for.

Please let me know if you're willing to break up your stash into parcels I could afford.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#18]
IM Sent
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#19]
sold
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:17:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Done
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top