Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/11/2006 8:11:42 PM EDT
I've heard conflicting reports of whether it is Ok to shoot south of Henderson where College Dr. ends and turns into desert. There is a road that goes south for ??? miles and there has been lots of shooting that has taken place (tons of empties all over the place). I've heard its OK and I've also heard that is where the Sloan Conservation Area begins and that it's a no-no to do any shooting.

Where do people go out in the desert that might not be crowded that is still close to the Henderson area?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:33:12 PM EDT
I would GO to DNR and get something in writing.

A friend of mine was shooting in a "telephoned in" OK'd area.

He is now owns a misdemeanor (been about 5 years old) for shooting in an unauthorized area (and over a road) that was a dirt line about two feet wide (not on any map current as of 1996).

Buyer beware.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:38:33 PM EDT
I would question the over the road part of the offense.

There is something missing in his story or your's to justify the offense. BTW, a map does not decide what is or is not a roadway.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:21:54 PM EDT
We got into this in a recent thread, but I don't see it now.

South of Henderson, and WEST of the NCA there is some legal shooting.

I believe the road you describe is in the NCA, however. If you travel west on 146, then south on Las Vegas Blvd, then you can shoot south of Sloan.

Here is the LINK to the maps and info from the old thread.

Lem
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:34:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:00:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RDP:
I would question the over the road part of the offense.

There is something missing in his story or your's to justify the offense. BTW, a map does not decide what is or is not a roadway.

I again was not there.

His Record is real - I can/DID verify that.

+1 to LEM. Great search. I couldn't find it!

V
OUT
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:13:22 PM EDT
I have never gone out that far on college (which is the street my neighborhood is on) but I very frequently go up Horizon to Horizon ridge and go left to pipeline road. Take that road out for about 3 miles and I've never had any problems. I shoot there probably once a month or two. I used to shoot a lot more, but haven't had a chance for the past few.

As far as legality goes, according to Google Maps, the land out there doesn't count as part of the city. That's hardly official, of course, but it's enough for me.
Top Top