Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 12:36:54 AM EDT
Hi guys (and gals),

I am back from my trip to Arizona.

I had a great time during my stay and it feels good to be back on Nevada soil.

I really like the state of Arizona and their very liberal gun laws. One thing though: Some of their use-of-force laws do differ from ours, and if you will be traveling to AZ anytime soon I would definately check on what the law is; not just for carry but for getting involved in a defensive shooting - as it will open your eyes.... AZ has some pretty weird State Supreme Court decisions regarding the UOF to say the least.

Anyway, I am happy to be home and believe it or not I really missed you guys (even MeanSteve!).

Joe

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:12:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ishoot2live:
AZ has some pretty weird State Supreme Court decisions regarding the UOF to say the least.



Welcome back, Joe!

Before I travel to AZ, I definitely will check into it, but barring that lengthy activity .....

do you have the Clif's Notes on any particularlt juicy (or disturbing) examples of their "pretty weird" Court decisions?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:16:35 AM EDT
did you go across the damn? and if you did how is it getting guns across? I hate AZ more than any other state besides Cali, so fuckin hot down there in 90% of the places but the other 10% are cool.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:27:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:30:31 PM EDT
That's funny. I'm headed out to Chadler, AZ (Phoenix) tomorrow morning. I'll definately take a look into that before I head out
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:00:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GryphonX:

Originally Posted By ishoot2live:
AZ has some pretty weird State Supreme Court decisions regarding the UOF to say the least.



Welcome back, Joe!

Before I travel to AZ, I definitely will check into it, but barring that lengthy activity .....

do you have the Clif's Notes on any particularlt juicy (or disturbing) examples of their "pretty weird" Court decisions?



Gryph,

I have been hit with the Flu bug pretty hard. I have been sick and in bed since the day after I returned from AZ.

Unbelieveable. I was fine when I hit the rack the night I got home. But when I woke up.... WHAM!! I was down for the count and chained to the bed for a few days of wonderful sleep, meds, chills, sweats and body aches!

I think I am over most of the Krud by now. I hope so, because I have to conduct a CCW course this weekend. I will look through my training notes when I am 100% and try to post some of the UOF decisions from AZ.

Joe

PS: Don't get sick. It sucks.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:05:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:07:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HillBillySniper:
did you go across the damn? and if you did how is it getting guns across? I hate AZ more than any other state besides Cali, so fuckin hot down there in 90% of the places but the other 10% are cool.



I had no problems crossing the Dam going to or from AZ. Several miles on either side of the dam they have roadblocks with uniformed somebodys waving hello and letting you pass.

I had more than your average tourist would have with them on my trip. Nothing illegal, just enough to raise the "And what the Hell do you need this for?" questions if they were to randomly search my POV.

Other than getting really sick with the Flu the day after I got back, I had a really good time there. It is a lot like Las Vegas, but without the gaming. A lot of open carry (especially fixed blade knives).

Anyway, gotta get some rest. I'll post more on my trip when I'm feeling better.

Joe
OUT
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:06:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Wolfpack:

Originally Posted By ishoot2live:

PS: Don't get sick. It sucks.....




Don't eat at Taco John's on Nellis either. I got food poisoning there last weekend.



I knew I wasn't the only one. Taco John's can go to hell!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:54:32 AM EDT
Theres nothing better than pissing out your ass from under cooked fast food.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:16:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DefensorForskin:
Theres nothing better than pissing out your ass from under cooked fast food.



Thank you for that mental image. You're right, but still ........ *bbbllleeeccckkkkkk!*
Top Top