Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/2/2006 10:12:28 PM EDT
Hello free people of Nevada, from the People's Republic of California.

I am bringing Tactical Response (http://tacticalresponse.com) to Carson City for a 4 day Fighting Rifle and Fighting Pistol course in April 2006. We are getting a booth at the Crossroads Reno show in February to promote the course (and the company in general).

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about where I could send flyers, etc, to get the word out to people in the Reno / Carson City area who might be interested in attending? Any help is appriciated.

John Chapman - Instructor
Tactical Response Incorporated
http://tacticalresponse.com
731-676-2041
831-236-4690 Cell
Johnchapman@tacticalresponse.com
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:23:01 AM EDT
Welcome,

Although I am in Southern Nevada (Las Vegas/Clark County) I am sure that our Northern folk (gunmonkey/oldtroop) will be more than happy to help you out.

Although you are not here yet, you will definately sense a difference when you set foot on "Free" soil.

It is a good feeling my friend to be soverign (compared to Kommiefornia).

Hope this helps......
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:33:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 5:33:48 AM EDT by Mountaincop]
Thanks Bro. I love going to NV.....it just feels different. Now, if I can just get the wife to move....

I was getting a course going in LV, but the host backed out...too much work (2 hours, tops, for 4 days of free training). If you or anyone you know is interested, we are trying hard to come to Vegas.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:02:26 AM EDT
I would recommend contacting as many of the CCW instructors in the area as you can. Contacts are often maintained with previous students and I would imagine this group would significantly represent at least part of the demographic interested in such a course.

Hope this helps!

~GryphonX
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:18:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 10:26:20 PM EDT by gunmonkey]
Hit the local gunstores, too. Most have bulliten boards you can put up flyers and such. i'd love to help out, but I am lucky to get a single day of free time, let alone 4 days.
If you'd like to send me a small pile of fliers, I can have a few of our guys,Meansteve, Gunsap, and myself , pass them out at local shops (from Gardnerville to Carson) and I can get one on the Douglas County Sheriff's bulletin board as well, I bet. Perhaps the Washoe Tribal police and NHP in douglas.
If you are interested, I receive mail at :
Ron Sims
PO Box 2721
Gardnerville, NV

I may be able to swing a class, too, if everything works out right. My Birthday is in May and maybe i can get it early this year.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:07:19 AM EDT
Just curious about the dates. I see on your website CC,NV is lised as scheduled for "Fighting Rifle" April3-4. Would "Fightin' pistol" be the next, previous, or some other 2-day block?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:07:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 10:09:31 AM EDT by GryphonX]

Originally Posted By gunmonkey:
Just curious about the dates. I see on your website CC,NV is lised as scheduled for "Fighting Rifle" April3-4. Would "Fightin' pistol" be the next, previous, or some other 2-day block?

That's bizarre!

When I looked at the website yesterday, they had "Fighting Pistol" on there as well, and it was scheduled for April 1st and 2nd.

Very strange that its gone now ???

ETA:

Doh! It is there, just separated by the Camden, TN event (which made it disappear to my eyes for some reason?). Check it out:

April 1 - 2 Fighting Pistol Carson City, NV
April 3 - 7 Contractor - Shooting Package Camden, TN
April 3 - 4 Fighting Rifle Carson City, NV

tacticalresponse.com/training/schedule.php
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:40:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 8:42:42 PM EDT by Mountaincop]

Originally Posted By gunmonkey:
Hit the local gunstores, too. Most have bulliten boards you can put up flyers and such. i'd love to help out, but I am lucky to get a single day of free time, let alone 4 days.
If you'd like to send me a small pile of fliers, I can have a few of our guys,Meansteve, Gunsap, and myself , pass them out at local shops (from Gardnerville to Carson) and I can get one on the Douglas County Sheriff's bulletin board as well, I bet. Perhaps the Washoe Tribal police and NHP in douglas.
If you are interested, I receive mail at :
Ron Sims
PO Box 2721
Gardnerville, NV

I may be able to swing a class, too, if everything works out right. My Birthday is in May and maybe i can get it early this year.

Ron, I will take you up on your generous offer. Thanks!

Sometimes consecutive dates get seperated if a new course is schedule on the same start date as another.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:53:19 AM EDT
Okay, duh, I see it. April fools!.
Mountaincop, fire 'em off to me. I got someone who'll put it up at the Sheriff's office and one on the sporting goods counter at Wal-Mart! We'll see how long it lasts (just a matter of upper management).
We'll hit all of the local gunstores and I'll hang on in the Bar, too.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:00:29 PM EDT
GREAT! They'll be in the mail this weekend. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:01:10 PM EDT
Mountaincop:
What range are you using? Is a local LE agency hosting? I can help getting out the word also. I will shoot you an email on my gov addy.
Top Top