Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2005 7:39:59 AM EDT
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!

First you drive 2+ hours one way. Then, 45 minutes on a poorly maintained 13.8 mile stretch of dirt road.

You arrive at the reservation and the Native Americans (NAs) have helo rides and/or charge an entry fee. Those are your only two option you cannot even photograph at afar where the entry is located.  Yes $30 per person for a 1 hour limit drive down to a spot where you can get out and photograph stuff, or $50 and up (to $599 per person) trips. These were the ones where you can get the same thing as the $30 trip except there is no time limit and you get an authentic NAs meal (or for one day of camping, helo ride etc.). Put it this way, there were no DEALS to be had.

To make a long story short, I took 9 people to GCW.  No price negotiation possible with the cashier. Along comes Mr Smith (as to not offend any NAs or anyone else).  Within earshot he states I have 12 people in three cars. He hands her $360 in cash, he gets $210 in change? It happens two more time with 10 more people. I ask to see the manager. After he arrives, with 4 other employees, some talking amongst themselves, I still get no REAL answer.

Well goodbye then.

Lesson: Research the SHIT out of a mission prior to execution.

Learned: Next time I watch Dances With Wolves, I will feel no remorse whatsoever.

Hope this helps with your next possible trip to GCW.........

V
OUT  

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:20:22 AM EDT
[#1]
BUDWEISER!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Been on that road a few times when I raced out there.  Other than doing a transit on that stretch of road, radioing to my crew to get me coffee, tires and some food (in that order); I had a great time at GCW. Watching the helos leave, great scenery and an awesome nap in my truck!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Shouldve went critterin with us.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BUDWEISER!

...and then buy the damn thing for 10 cents!

?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#7]
As a veteran of the Native American War, the one where we have to keep throwing them out of the bar, I can tell you that "BUDWEISER" is their war cry!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#8]
THANKS V.................I was gonna go there instead of the 4 hour drive.  That's where they are gonna build that damn view place that will cost $25 a person to walk on it.  You saved me time and cussing.  T OUT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top