BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about you guys but I thought the show was decent.  I picked up 3 brand new IMI uzi 32 round mags for $50.  There were deals there, you just had to look.  I also enjoyed debunking all the BS that some of the dealers were spewing; MG Kelly's guys were selling a "preban" colt sp1 lower for $900... I asked why and they said 'cuz colt won't cell to civies, so they're more valuable.  I had to educate the whole table.  

And I met the guy who put on the show, he gave me a free pass to the next one for the feedback I gave him.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:35:44 PM EDT
[#3]
went to the show, I thought it was alot better the the past shows at cashman. I'll never go back to the RK or claud shows, I end up buying a Rock river AR lower complete for OTD at $279, I bought 7 surefire lights and got the card of the guy dealing them, I'm telling you he had the best prices on surefires I have ever seen, I done a little research.  I sold my bushmaster ar-15 20" HBAR to the citadel, got a good deal, cash and a good price on his next Batch of AR lowers, I found all the little parts I need to complete my 2nd AR M4.  Thought ASA made a good showing and also, of course jon Amber and Mike the Gunsmith from Citadel Gun and Safe, had it going on, I'm looking for a AMD-65 Parts kit /recivers and I only found on AMD-65 complete for $499.00
thought prices on ARs were high in general, everyone thinks the PRE- ban is still more valuble??
I can't see it.  Anyone have a (used) Glock or Springfield 1911 they want to part with???  overall I found some deals,  more-so in the lights, AS I work in the entertainment industry in vegas, and I Know guys who want surefire lights for under 50 bucks
hope to make it out to the next DBS
zack
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:41:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
went to the show, I thought it was alot better the the past shows at cashman. I'll never go back to the RK or claud shows, I end up buying a Rock river AR lower complete for OTD at $279, I bought 7 surefire lights and got the card of the guy dealing them, I'm telling you he had the best prices on surefires I have ever seen, I done a little research.  I sold my bushmaster ar-15 20" HBAR to the citadel, got a good deal, cash and a good price on his next Batch of AR lowers, I found all the little parts I need to complete my 2nd AR M4.  Thought ASA made a good showing and also, of course jon Amber and Mike the Gunsmith from Citadel Gun and Safe, had it going on, I'm looking for a AMD-65 Parts kit /recivers and I only found on AMD-65 complete for $499.00
thought prices on ARs were high in general, everyone thinks the PRE- ban is still more valuble??
I can't see it.  Anyone have a (used) Glock or Springfield 1911 they want to part with???  overall I found some deals,  more-so in the lights, AS I work in the entertainment industry in vegas, and I Know guys who want surefire lights for under 50 bucks
hope to make it out to the next DBS
zack

I have a loaded springfield 1911 in OD green duracoat that I might part with.  IM me and we'll discuss it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:42:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Hi Zack,

Was that you walking around with the strapped AR-15? I was about to leave the show when I saw John talking to somebody with an AR15.

Who had the AMD-65 for $500? I would have bought that in a heartbeat but I didn't see any.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:13:26 AM EDT
[#6]
yes that was me with the AR15  Jon with Citadel gave me a swell deal, but i did have to part with me EOTech sight, I liked it alot but never used it as I'm a Iron sights kinda guy,
zack
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:18:33 AM EDT
[#7]
lets see, it was a dealer on the outside entrance side, it the middle of the building, I didn't buy it because I spent a few bucks more then I was planing, it was a AMD-65 but had the american grips they were a bit smaller then the Org, but more comfortable,
zack
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:17:17 AM EDT
[#8]
LVrigger, If you're interested in a Springfield Armory Mil spec Operator, let me know.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:36:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I went to the show on Saturday and liked it a lot.  Generally, I'm normally more of an optimist but I wasn't too sure how well Crossroads was going to fill even that hall the first time out.  I thought they did a great job and I talked to a lot of friendly people and saw a lot that I liked.  I'm not going to bitch about the prices because I'm flat broke with my first baby on the way and I couldn't afford anything right now even at a fair price.  I did buy the cheapest POS 4 position stock I could find ($38) just to have one and to make a point of buying something to support the vendors in general.  I give the show high marks for window shopping value and will be back.  That's my $ .02

Bolo
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
lets see, it was a dealer on the outside entrance side, it the middle of the building, I didn't buy it because I spent a few bucks more then I was planing, it was a AMD-65 but had the american grips they were a bit smaller then the Org, but more comfortable,
zack

Was this the same guy that was offering Romanian Sidefolding stocks for $169?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:05:05 AM EDT
[#11]
That guy with the side-folding Romanian stocksfor $169 had them for $69 at the last RK gun show. Now that the ban is over, these things are trading like crazy on Wall Street. I think he was actually doing us favor by only marking the stocks up $100

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:50:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Has anyone ever bought anything from that guy who sells just HK stuff? I think he wears the black HK shirts, and everything he's got is usually wrapped up.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:15:35 AM EDT
[#13]
He is from STG Supply in Phoenix.  Prices are a little high but he has a good selection of parts and they are genuine German HK.

I buy from him sometimes but Center Mass also has a good selection so, I usually get parts from them if I don't mail order.

Maybe I'm just from back east but that is the first gun show I've been to that had a full liquor bar.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:47:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Has anyone ever bought anything from that guy who sells just HK stuff? I think he wears the black HK shirts, and everything he's got is usually wrapped up.

I saw the G3 bipod for $250 and just laughed and walked away.  I don't care if it's the first bipod HK ever made.  It's a freakin bipod.

I had fun though.  Bought an M4 upper and an EoTech.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I saw the G3 bipod for $250 and just laughed and walked away.  I don't care if it's the first bipod HK ever made.  It's a freakin bipod.

you have never seen a USGI M14 bipod, have you
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I was a bit disappoined but was worth going.  Found a nice Russian 45 round AK74 mag for $25.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I went. I was the sleeved-tattoo guy walking around with the CAR upper in the bag. I got it good - FN  flat-top upper with Wilson threaded 16" heavy w/FS for 300. Got a few other items as well. I liked it until the beer started flowing then I split.

Dave in Henderson
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I picked up a cheap little chinese pellet gun for $20 and an SKS bipod for $15. O.K., so I'm not a big spender. My wife is still pissed that I dropped $730 on my M-4 last month, I don't want to stay in the doghouse forever.

All in all I thought the show was O.K.. Hopefully it will be bigger next time. It was really nice to NOT see any damn beenie baby tables though.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Maybe I'm just from back east but that is the first gun show I've been to that had a full liquor bar.

Well...you must have never made it to a Solider of Fortune Show they used to have here in Vegas back in the '80s. You could purchase mercury switches (attached to fake dynamite so you don't make a mistake) and a Gin and tonic at the same time. The selection back then was WAY different than it is now.

thanks,
Ron
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top