Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2003 7:50:51 PM EDT
Hey guys I'm going to be moving to Vegas in about a year.  I live in CT now and have my pistol permit.  Does anyone know the routine of bringing firearms,(any kind of registration, etc.?) getting a CCW if you already have one from another state, etc?  Any/all info would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in Advance!
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Dude, Glad you are finally making plans to move!  

Is your Bro going to make it to the shoot on Saturday?  He called me last month but could not make it.  Have him call me again if he needs info.

Talk to you later.

Link Posted: 9/15/2003 8:21:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hey guys I'm going to be moving to Vegas in about a year.  I live in CT now and have my pistol permit.  Does anyone know the routine of bringing firearms,(any kind of registration, etc.?) getting a CCW if you already have one from another state, etc?  Any/all info would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in Advance!

There are no restrictions on firarms you cannot bring into Nevada.  Clark County does have a handgun registration requirement.  It will take you 15 mins at any metro PD office to get this done at no cost.  

As for the CCW, Nevada does not presently recognize any other state's CCW so having one from another state does you no good.  You will have to take the class and go through the bullshit like anyone else.  Plan to spend $150-250 on all the related fees.  The Sherriff (Metro PD) has 120 days to issue and while some people are still going close to that, mine took 51.  

NO registration on long guns.

Pack it all up and get going!

Here is a link that should answer most of your questions in greater detail

www.packing.org/state/index.jsp/nevada

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks so much Rick!  My bro is totally pumped about the shoot!  He's got to work til 3 or 4, but will be heading out soon after that.  He just bought an AK74 and AMD65 but probably won't have them in time for the shoot unfortunately.    He will, however, have many others at his disposal.  Yeah, I've got 1 more year of school for network administrating and I'm out there!  Then I won't have to live vicariously through my bro for the DBS shoots. heh  Thanks Again & Talk To You Later!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top