Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2003 4:50:40 PM EDT
A couple months ago I wrote a letter to Congresswoman Shelley Berkley, my congressional representative, encouraging her to let the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban expire. Here is her response to me.

Mr. XXX X XXXXXXX
XXXX XXXX XXXXXXX XXX XXXX
Las Vegas, Nevada 891XX-XXXX

Dear XXX,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the ban on semi-automatic assault weapons. I appreciate your comments and welcome the opportunity to respond.

I fully support the Second Amendment to the Constitution which gives Nevadans the right to keep and bear arms. I also want you to know that I oppose subjecting law abiding citizens who carry guns to excessive and needless regulation. I support the enforcement of pre-existing federal and state firearm safety laws.

I support taking guns out of the hands of criminals, thereby keeping our streets and neighborhoods safe from violent criminal acts. I also support keeping guns out of the hands of our children and preventing many of the senseless accidents we see all too often. I cannot stress enough how important it is to provide for the safety of our neighbors, families and communities.

As Congress reviews the ban on semi-automatic assault weapons, I will keep your views firmly in mind.

Once again, thank you for sharing your concerns with me. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact my office or visit my website at www.house.gov/berkley.

Sincerely,

SHELLEY BERKLEY
Member of Congress
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 6:37:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2003 6:39:30 PM EDT by longun45]
Now that's double speak of the democratic kind. The republicans speak with the same tone. Lots of words all meaning the same thing. They are anti-constitution, Anti-Bill of rights.

Sooner or later it will come to a head and it will get messy.

Edited to add: Thanks Different for letting us know that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 1:31:39 PM EDT
longun45, I agree. You can pretty much get what answer you are looking for out of that letter. The good news is that her staff knows it is a hot button issue.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 11:53:02 PM EDT
I waited on her two days ago at my workplace. Like a good liberal, she was buying Al Franken's latest flath rag.

When it came time for her to sign her credit slip, I handed her my pen which is none other than a .50 BMG dummy round with a ballpoint in the tip. She must not have realized what it was but I almost broke out laughing see her hold it.

Ah, where's a camera when you need one?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:12:36 PM EDT
Shelly lived DIRECTLY across the street from me from 1994 to 1996 and I always cleaned the guns in the garage with the doors open so she could see.
Top Top