Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2003 1:55:09 PM EDT
Andy Stanford of Options for Personal Security will be conducting a Surgical Speed Shooting Class at the Boulder Rifle and Pistol Range February 7-8, 2004.

This is the weekend before the SHOT Show in Las Vegas, so if you're planning to come to the Shot Show, come a little earlier and take a class.

We need a minimum of 8 paid students to make this fly. I'm not sure what the maximum number of students we can handle will be, but you might want to sign up early, just in case.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:39:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Jim, i'm very interested, but it's hard to commit so far in advance. I am assuming the info on their site applies, i.e. equipment requirements, price and ammo?

I think i need to brush up on the skillz before i even think about this!
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't yet found that perfect middle ground for scheduling classes. I've been told that I didn't give someone enough notice, or that they can't schedule that far in advance.

All I can offer is that as your schedule firms up, check and see if the class is still available.

The class requirements are set by the instructor, and I'd have to say they are reliable.

As far as brushing up on skills, isn't that part of what the classes are for?? Granted, if you haven't shot a gun in two years, a HSLD course is probably not the first one I'd recommend. The SSS course is designed to get you up to speed very quickly.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#3]
sounds good. I have been OCCASIONALLY practicing my holster presentations, one hand shooting, and contact to 7 yd shooting with 2 -3 targets. Gotta try weak hand. Been doing alot of rifle lately, AR15s and M1As. I know i have neglected my pistolcraft.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Jim, I am in.  I have some questions but maybe we can talk at the shoot on the 20th.

I know there are a few local guys from the other boards that will be interested too.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/4/2003 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#5]
If you're looking for something a little sooner, Gabe Suarez is offering a Close Range Gunfighting Class and an Edged Weapons class in December.

I took the Close Range Class as part of a Combatives week that Gabe held in May. It was a great class. Here's a link to the class.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 1:24:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Count me in, Jim. I'll see you on the 20th as well. Perhaps you can help me dust off the rust ;)

As an aside, what do you think of Jim Crews and his "Some of the Answer" series of manuals? I am thinking of picking up the carbine one.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:45:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
As an aside, what do you think of Jim Crews and his "Some of the Answer" series of manuals? I am thinking of picking up the carbine one.

Haven't had the chance to read any of his books.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 12:26:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I may be able to make this.  I'll talk to you more about it at the DBS.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Jim, when is payment expected, and when will we know if the class is a go or not?
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Best bet would be to contact Andy at 1.877.636.4677. There will be an additional $20 fee to cover the range fee at BRPC.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#12]
i chatted with Andy briefly on the phone. Seems like a really good guy. YOu only need to put down $150 deposit for now, not sure when the balance is due by. I'll be sending my $$ in this week, hopefully!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#13]
took longer than expected, but i'm signed up. Who else is going to this?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 8:47:46 PM EDT
[#14]
btt

c'mon guys..who else is in?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top