Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2003 4:10:41 PM EDT
Saw the flooding on the news, hope you guys are ok. Don't want to see you on the news, sitting on your roof clutching all your guns while everything else floats down the street.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:19:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Did anyone see that guy sitting on the hood of his truck in the middle of the floodwater?  That was wolfsack!
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#3]
My 10/22 is safe, that's all that matters.

Send me an email, I lost your address. Bob
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:16:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Did anyone see that guy sitting on the hood of his truck in the middle of the floodwater?  That was wolfsack!

Really?

I could swear that guy who jumped off the U-Haul and banged his head on the overpass pillar and fell in the water was you, Gunbert! =)

Just kidding, hope everyone is okay!
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 11:54:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, while at work yesterday.  My work unit was rear ended during the flood.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I still haven't seen the video of the guy that pulled that slick move.. What exactly was he hoping to do from jumping from his truck? Catch the overpass and crawl to saftey?
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 1:44:56 PM EDT
[#7]
As his U Haul was floating down the road (albiet very slowly) I think he saw the opportunity to to jump to dry land since the overpass pillar had a patch of land.  It may or may not have made sense because the flood waters would've filled up that patch real quick then he would've been surrounded in water.  The news said he is okay.  Hard to believe, that was one of those things, where you see it, and you go "OOOOOOHHHHH!!!"
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Nah; I think (saw) he was jumpin' at the chance for a "Darwin" award.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 12:43:49 AM EDT
[#9]
At least we got enough rain to wash the pigeon crap off the roofs.

Being up on a hill I've never worried about flash flooding at my house.  If my house was flooded that would leave the rest of Vegas under a couple hundred feet of water.  Still trying to get ahold of a friend who lives up around the Rainbow/Cheyenne area.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:54:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Welcome Folks to Nevada.....when it Pours...chit you'll figure it out...just maybe.....
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Talk to the friend of mine I mentioned that lives 1/2 a block from Rainbow/Gowan where the reporters was saying was the "worst hit" area.  Turns out his house, and others on the short culdesac, are elevated about 3 feet higher than Rainbow is, so they were able to stay high and dry.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Serrada lives over near Gowan I believe.  He sent me some pics of some severly flooded area really close to his place...  May be he will share them?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I reckon I could share them.  This is on Gowan about three miles east of Rainbow.  In the third picture that car in the distance was stuck in the road.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top