Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2003 4:01:29 PM EDT

Anybody been to one of these shows at the Riviera?

http://www.antiquearmsshow.com/

How was it? Worth the time and effort to go?

GL
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I've met a gew guys that have and they said it wasn't worth the time. Only old antique curios I believe.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I went last year.  Antiques galore VERY few mainstream curios.  I spent about an hour walking around and finally had to leave, I just could not look at another $15,000 Italian over/under.

The only thing I found even remotely interesting was all the Civil War stuff.

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:59:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Appreciate the info guys.

I guess that show is out.

I hate dropping $15 for the Claude Hall show  on July 5/6... but whats an addict to do :)

Maybe I can hold out until Phoenix Sept 6&7.

GL

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The next Crossroads Phoenix show is in July, but it is smaller because it is an Ice House show.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:51:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven't been to a show in the Ice House, are they a lot smaller than the Fairgrounds show or are they still worth the drive down?

Anyone tried a Crossroads show in Reno at the Convention Center (next is Aug 2,3)

The Big Reno Show is August 15-17, they usually have a good selection, but are pricey and have a lack of individuals carrying "for sale" items.

GL (gun show junkie)
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I stay with a friend down in Phoenix so every Crossroads show is good for me to go to. If I were just going down there for the show i'd probably wait till the September show when it will be back at the Fairgrounds, but if your looking for a private party sale the July show is as good as any other. I thought the Big Reno show was in July?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I thought the Big Reno show was in July?

Not according to their web site

http://www.bigrenoshow.com/

but it wouldn't be the first time I've gotten wrong information off a web page!

GL
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:36:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I have been to two shows here in Reno this year. The last "big" show at the convention  center was a bust IMO and the show at the Livestock center was actually pretty good. Not huge but plenty interesting, and lots of private sales. DevilsAdvocate was there and he got one or two decent deals. There is another one coming in July.

The one I would have liked was at Harrah's  or the Hilton but I was laid up and couldn't go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top