Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2003 1:59:52 PM EDT
I remeber seeing an earlier thread about a group CCW class.  I guess it must not be coming to pass.

So, does anybody here recommend an instructor/location, or is anybody here an instructor looking for a student?  The only suggestion I've seen so far is the Trop. Gun Store.

Also, since NV licenses the permitee to a particular firearm(s), how does one go about getting additional firearms added to the CCW card and about how long does it take?

Glenn
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Joe Nizzari with Line of Fire is expensive, but worth every penny I've heard. He does a 14 hour 2 day class with 10 hours in your home and then 4 at the range. He makes you do weak side shooting, tactical mag changes, shoot prone, shoot kneeling, behind objects and the such...way more training then you will get at a mass marget gun store. He also fills out your paperwork for Utah and Florida permits making you 25 state or so legal. I have talked with him many times and he knows his stuff. Here is his contact info...

Professional Firearms Instruction
LE/Military/Civilian
3850 East Flamingo Road, #154
Las Vegas, Nevada  89121
Phone (702) 242-8288   e-mail: [email protected]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Jim Mayhugh who is a member here and checks in occasionally is also a CCW instructor, I'll point him to this thread. Bob
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I just took one weekend before last in Boulder City. Its relatively cheap ($70 each if you bring a friend) and decent training. The only problem is they only teach it twice a year so you're out of luck for about 6 months. All the proceeds go to the Boulder Rifle and Pistol club. The instructors are all volunteers.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 8:57:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Jim Mayhugh who is a member here and checks in occasionally is also a CCW instructor, I'll point him to this thread. Bob

Thanks for the heads-up, Bob.

I offer private and group CCW classes. My classes are generally just the standard 8 hour class. Because of my affiliation with Front Sight, I don't offer more advanced classes, but I would definitely recommend Front Sight to anyone that is interested in getting more than a cursory knowledge of shooting and tactics.

I also recommend Steve Krystek of Progressive Force Concepts if you are interested in combined combatives.

Gabe Suarez is having a class in Las Vegas in December. Also well worth a look
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want to go to Frontsight drop me a line. I've got some grey certificates that will allow you to take the 4 day defensive handgun course for $200. Then you just have to pay whatever Frontsight charges for the 1 day CCW course. Check my post in this section or I've got a post in the EE Misc. Firearms Related section. I'd recommend the Frontsight 4day DH course to anyone that is going to carry a handgun whether with a CCW or just around the house and in the car. Its a great entry level course.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 3:04:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Gabe Suarez is having a class in Las Vegas in December. Also well worth a look

wow, this class seems pretty practical. i'll have to save my pennies for this December.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#7]
BroncoGlenn,

here's a link with all the NV CERTIFIED CONCEALED WEAPONS TRAINERS.
www.nvnaco.org/NACo/weaponstrain.htm
Hope this helps.

LRdrvr
Reno
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:10:40 PM EDT
[#8]
before I forget,
the NSRPA might have an idea too....
www.nsrpa.us

Later...
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:02:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
BroncoGlenn,

here's a link with all the NV CERTIFIED CONCEALED WEAPONS TRAINERS.
www.nvnaco.org/NACo/weaponstrain.htm
Hope this helps.

LRdrvr
Reno

That list is out of date.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:14:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone know of any classes in the Reno area?
I'd like to get my kid a class in October.
He turn 21 in October. Can he take his class before then, and file for his CCW on his BD?
TIA.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Try Neil Connelly at www.armedandsafe.com
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Anyone know of any classes in the Reno area?
I'd like to get my kid a class in October.
He turn 21 in October. Can he take his class before then, and file for his CCW on his BD?
TIA.

So much for planning ahead. He's going to be gone, for his next two birthdays. He'll be back in July of '95.
I guess that the new Sig P228, and all GI M14 type, will have to wait.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top