User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:54:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

i’ve met up with a few guys, but the most in one spot would have to be the vortex rifle class this last year
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Roasted Nuts shoots are a pretty good start.  I've got plenty of pictures from at least one of those and a zombie shoot up at Shawano as well.

Maybe classes we've taken?  Keep the ideas coming.

i’ve met up with a few guys, but the most in one spot would have to be the vortex rifle class this last year

Which class did you take? We may have crossed paths.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:11:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I’m in, Walworth County-Lakes area.
View Quote

Same. Southern lakes represent.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Only members I've met are Vanbo and Perbans,
1 was a give away,  and 1 was an ammo purchase  

Both seemed like upstanding people,  but they probably thought I was sketchy!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:46:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:32:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It was the carbine class, And then they gave us a tour of the facilities which was an unexpected bonus
View Quote

I was at that class on the far left, next to a guy using a can.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:28:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I’ve taken several classes with PODS.
I haven’t checked out the Vortex classes yet.
Two of the three instructors from PODS teach at Vortex.

I’ve attended several classes with geneinwi, and am friends with prebans.
Both of whom helped me out bigly in 2020.

I’m also acquainted with members her associated with the RCLRC.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:50:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Hile General Hoganmire
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:17:31 AM EDT
[#8]
What's next?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#9]
South west side

Can't download the discord app from the play store. Any other apps to access it?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:39:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Im in, Dodge county area.
View Quote

North Jefferson county...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:43:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I remember who you were without you saying that
View Quote

What gave me away?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:33:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I've settled in the NE WI area. Went to some frozen nuts thing a while back & keep in touch with prebans. If the wife let's me out of the house I'd be down to meet up.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:55:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:48:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What's next?
View Quote

My apologies that I haven't been attentive to this. I've been working twelve or more hour days pretty much every day since this started, sleeping so little my phone has been warning me, and worrying myself sick over my father's possible cancer diagnosis. I'm not really doing so well.

I will go through the Wisconsin posters since my last reply in this thread and provide them with my texting number, and then start up some sort of chat, either Discord or Telegram depending on what you guys think, and text the link out to everyone I have the number for.

Sorry for dropping the ball.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My apologies that I haven't been attentive to this. I've been working twelve or more hour days pretty much every day since this started, sleeping so little my phone has been warning me, and worrying myself sick over my father's possible cancer diagnosis. I'm not really doing so well.

I will go through the Wisconsin posters since my last reply in this thread and provide them with my texting number, and then start up some sort of chat, either Discord or Telegram depending on what you guys think, and text the link out to everyone I have the number for.

Sorry for dropping the ball.
View Quote

PM'd, and don't apologize, your dad is more important.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/75945/20210112_234443_jpg-1777274.JPG

Here is another Shiocton WI Hometown Forum meetup.
View Quote

That was a long time ago...thanks for making me feel old.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:56:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Western Jefferson county here.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I may have attended a party at the home of the gentleman in the red shirt. Long ago before he was wed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Back in  the day, besides htf shoots, we also did lunches/dinners.  

You wanna vet somebody, you could use your spidey sense.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:35:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Back in  the day, besides htf shoots, we also did lunches/dinners.  

You wanna vet somebody, you could use your spidey sense.  
View Quote

Or see how the order their Culver's.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:43:17 AM EDT
[#22]
I've never met any of you and doubt I ever will

I have never met another person who has ever mentioned Arfcom and my wife is the only person that knows that I come to this site.

I don't do clubs or get togethers.

Haven't been to a gun show in over a decade I'll bet.

Haven't been in a gun store other than Fleet Farm if you want to call it that in over a decade too

except in the last month I did go into a local gun shop to ship something via ffl and sell a gun to the owner.

I keep to myself and have a very small circle of friends.

Even then I don't see or talk to them but maybe 1/2 dozen times per year.

I'm retired and have been for the last dozen years so I don't get out professionally.

These days I pretty much only shoot shotgun, hunting and sporting clays a couple of times a year and always with the same 2 or 3 people.

I don't do FB, twitter or any social media except a couple of forums on the interwebs and I don't even have a cell phone.

I'm the King of low profile, how do you vet me?

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've never met any of you and doubt I ever will

I have never met another person who has ever mentioned Arfcom and my wife is the only person that knows that I come to this site.

I don't do clubs or get togethers.

Haven't been to a gun show in over a decade I'll bet.

Haven't been in a gun store other than Fleet Farm if you want to call it that in over a decade too

except in the last month I did go into a local gun shop to ship something via ffl and sell a gun to the owner.

I keep to myself and have a very small circle of friends.

Even then I don't see or talk to them but maybe 1/2 dozen times per year.

I'm retired and have been for the last dozen years so I don't get out professionally.

These days I pretty much only shoot shotgun, hunting and sporting clays a couple of times a year and always with the same 2 or 3 people.

I don't do FB, twitter or any social media except a couple of forums on the interwebs and I don't even have a cell phone.

I'm the King of low profile, how do you vet me?

View Quote

We scan you for signs of the Skynet chip....
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:08:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Alrighty.

I think I've given my texting number to everyone new who's posted since I last posted on page 2.

I would encourage you all to to create free texting (GVoice, TextNow, there's a whole slew of different apps for this purpose) numbers and go through this thread and drop a line to everybody who's posted. If we can get 50 different and complete Christmas card lists going, that's a helluva lot better than just me maintaining one.

Next up. Discord or Telegram?

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. I'm currently a part of an Arfcom Telegram that I haven't checked in on since it became a gigantic complaint fest about Da Jooz. There's also an Arfcom investing Discord that I'm part of that blows up my phone to a useless degree all day long.

What do yall think? Or, is there an alternative I'm not thinking of? Regardless, we need to be in contact with each other. Apes strong together.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Alrighty.

I think I've given my texting number to everyone new who's posted since I last posted on page 2.

I would encourage you all to to create free texting (GVoice, TextNow, there's a whole slew of different apps for this purpose) numbers and go through this thread and drop a line to everybody who's posted. If we can get 50 different and complete Christmas card lists going, that's a helluva lot better than just me maintaining one.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. I'm currently a part of an Arfcom Telegram that I haven't checked in on since it became a gigantic complaint fest about Da Jooz. There's also an Arfcom investing Discord that I'm part of that blows up my phone to a useless degree all day long.

What do yall think? Or, is there an alternative I'm not thinking of? Regardless, we need to be in contact with each other. Apes strong together.
View Quote

Seems there have been a decent amount join the discord group. All are pretty quiet. We started doing an in stock discussion but that is pretty light also.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:44:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Have to check my reconnect on Discord, keeps redirecting me...
Edit-> it was kicking me out because of my Chino Hills, Ca internet ( pretty cool it's doing it)
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:30:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Alrighty.

View Quote

I think a Wisconsin Telegram group would be cool.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm in Kimberly now and moving to Greenleaf next month (still really close).

Shoot me a pm, I'm game.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#30]
I would be interested in joining an alternative messaging app if we settle on one and if this site is tanked. I'm in SE WI and have met a few of you at the last two HTF shoots.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Signal now allows people to create groups, and given that they at least advertise themselves as encrypted, I think that'd be a good choice.

Unless anyone has any objections, I'll create a Signal group and text it to everyone who's number I have.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:37:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 2:36:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I've been pretty inactive on arfcom for a long time, but after I heard about what GoDaddy did I started lurking more again.  I only just remembered that there is a HTF.

I think I was technically one of the founding members of the first Frozen Nuts shoot at Yellowstone.  I for sure came up with the title as a joke because of how F'ing cold it was during that first meet.  Tattoo took over organizing it pretty quickly after that.  I can tell you at that time, which was about 20 years ago, that the paranoia about feds, informants, ATF agents, etc... was already there, but I don't recall any issues.  That fear has been part of the gun culture since I really became aware of being in the gun culture in the late 80's.  The original Frozen Nuts was was more akin to guys who wanted to shoot and be comfortable, network, put faces to names, etc... than an anti-gov gathering.  Many of those people simply didn't have a membership at a home range.

What I can tell you all is that at that time there were several cops, lawyers, prosecutors, and physicians that I personally knew who were part of those original meetings.  I know that as I progressed into a career in LE that I felt less and less welcome because of the paranoia, and also because some of the people who showed up had some questionable behavior.  There were also a couple of egos that seemed to push people away.  At least a handful of people involved in the first few days of those groups left for similar reasons.  Some of those people are now pretty well known and involved with some of the biggest firearms related companies in WI.

At any rate, I guess this is just my commentary about how far you plan to take the "vetting" process.  The feds don't need a man on the ground to figure out who is associating with who.  But you might end up turning away some pretty decent people with excessively paranoid or outright illegal behavior.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 3:28:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've been pretty inactive on arfcom for a long time, but after I heard about what GoDaddy did I started lurking more again.  I only just remembered that there is a HTF.

I think I was technically one of the founding members of the first Frozen Nuts shoot at Yellowstone.  I for sure came up with the title as a joke because of how F'ing cold it was during that first meet.  Tattoo took over organizing it pretty quickly after that.  I can tell you at that time, which was about 20 years ago, that the paranoia about feds, informants, ATF agents, etc... was already there, but I don't recall any issues.  That fear has been part of the gun culture since I really became aware of being in the gun culture in the late 80's.  The original Frozen Nuts was was more akin to guys who wanted to shoot and be comfortable, network, put faces to names, etc... than an anti-gov gathering.  Many of those people simply didn't have a membership at a home range.

What I can tell you all is that at that time there were several cops, lawyers, prosecutors, and physicians that I personally knew who were part of those original meetings.  I know that as I progressed into a career in LE that I felt less and less welcome because of the paranoia, and also because some of the people who showed up had some questionable behavior.  There were also a couple of egos that seemed to push people away.  At least a handful of people involved in the first few days of those groups left for similar reasons.  Some of those people are now pretty well known and involved with some of the biggest firearms related companies in WI.

At any rate, I guess this is just my commentary about how far you plan to take the "vetting" process.  The feds don't need a man on the ground to figure out who is associating with who.  But you might end up turning away some pretty decent people with excessively paranoid or outright illegal behavior.
View Quote

Pretty much what he said.

For my purposes, once the site established the Training Forums HTF became obsolete.

I've had some resemblance of a group on my place since i started squatting here,  my advice is is go by pre internet F2F standards, if you want to network on the www set up a linux box bbs in mom's basement.

I started the DMAG  to cover liabilities and security to host shoots and classes before going "online". When people asked where the range was the answer was at the gate.  We didn't give it a name but we had the premiere 360 degree range. The golden rule of DMAG,  above any of the fight club bullshit, was "leave your politics and religion at the gate.
Before the net, whether for training or hunting here, if anyone wanted to bring someone 'new' in, we have a rule that still stands. If he fucks up, you fuck up and you're both gone. That doesn't work on the internet. I got tired of people i didn't even know wanting to train "militia shit" "green ops" "paramilitary tactics" so i  changed focus. There are better places and teachers for that shit anyway, i even tried some.

Personally, calling someone a patriot, or a person identifying as a patriot, doesn't mean shit to me any more. Recruiting people to network for "final exams"  and "study groups" what kind of fantasy is that?

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 5:52:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

For my purposes, once the site established the Training Forums HTF became obsolete.

View Quote
I honestly had to check, I never even knew there was a training section. Huh.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Right in the heart of Waukesha county
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Right in the heart of Waukesha county
View Quote

City or county
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 5:32:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

City or county
View Quote

right on the edge, a village to be exact
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:29:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
let’s just go have a beer it’s the easiest way
View Quote

It actually is.  Many HTF meets were dinner/beers.  Then shoots.

That said, the first time I met "tattoo" was a shoot, iirc.   Same with "bulletcatcher".  I think it was when we all got together with "4wheelin" and "dave", as well as "fmd'.

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:21:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Crazy as it sounds, I`d be in to get a table at a local gun show.
Come on corn pops
We could meet, sell our unwants, eat nasty jerky, and trade beanies..

Serously, I'd be in for it.
At least we would meet on a common ground, and have suspicious members stop by.
Hell, I'd even give members 8 rounds of 855 to cover enterance fees!
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 6:51:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Crazy as it sounds, I`d be in to get a table at a local gun show.
Come on corn pops
We could meet, sell our unwants, eat nasty jerky, and trade beanies..

Serously, I'd be in for it.
At least we would meet on a common ground, and have suspicious members stop by.
Hell, I'd even give members 8 rounds of 855 to cover enterance fees!
View Quote

Thats a good idea.  Not for vetting or anything, it just sounds like a good time.  

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top