Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Just an old retired guy in the southern Jefferson/northern Rock area but count me in.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#3]
If we have a discord going, can someone PM me the link too?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd also be interested if there is a Discord
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If we have a discord going, can someone PM me the link too?

Thanks!
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Please read this thread ASAP.  Things are happening quickly.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm going throw a discord together real quick and i'll post the link here.

EDIT:

Here is the link:

https://discord.gg/dpzUTDp2z6

Be gentle, i just threw this together ASAP. It's very basic for now. I'll work on it when i get time tomorrow or later tonight.

@the_supreme_g33k
@NAM
@lichter50
@JaredGrey
@14TheKid
@Lorax
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

EDIT:

Here is the link:

Discord Link

Be gentle, i just threw this together ASAP. It's very basic for now. I'll work on it when i get time tomorrow or later tonight.

@the_supreme_g33k
View Quote

you ROCK!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you...One suggestion if I may, you may want to leave the link cold.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

EDIT:

Here is the link:

@the_supreme_g33k
@NAM
@lichter50
@JaredGrey
@14TheKid
@Lorax
View Quote

Thanks for taking the lead on this.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#11]
What channel should we tune our HAM radios to?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:49:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thank you...One suggestion if I may, you may want to leave the link cold.
View Quote

Good call. I didn't think about that.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

87, naturally

Whereabouts in the state are you?  I think we have pretty good coverage of most of the state across a couple of repeater networks.  If you look at the FM38 repeater network http://www.fm38.org/HomePage can you hit one of the local repeaters for it?  Obviously if you have HF capabilities it's a lot easier (I think there's a standing arfnet) but if you're limited to 2m/70cm like me (for now), I think the repeater networks are our best bet.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:08:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I am willing to have book club meetings at my shop to vetted members.  North of Milwaukee about 15minutes.

I'll look into the discord thing later today.

Another member and I went to a local meetup for people that want to network and start taking political action but it was cancelled due to "threats against the establishment that was hosting it" (that is as clear of an explanation as we got when we showed up).  We have to be very careful in establishing a vetting sequence prior to setting up physical meetings.

We just want to talk to each other; the crazies want us fired, dead, or in jail.  PERSEC, PERSEC, PERSEC right now.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So a bunch of you local gents have graciously sent me your email addresses and phone numbers.

What would yall think of joining a Discord? A way for us local guys to stay in touch and start informed in case the commies shut this site off. Me and my guys already have a team Discord, and its quite simple and easy to use.
View Quote
Word from one of the PixelNacht threads is discord shut down groups using it to meet up for the 1/6 rally.  That may not be a great choice.  I offer no alternative other than that bit of info.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Im in, Dodge county area.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Vicki McKenna was talking about doing this this afternoon.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

LOL, OP has more years on this site than you do. Advising caution is a good thing, there are sure to be informants in any group. But the greater need to be united makes networking more important. We know that any outcome promoted by faithful members of this site will be fully in line with the US constitution and the traditional values of truth, and justice, equally for all. That's not something we need ever fear, or need to keep secret. On the contrary, our values would be more popular than the Left's if free communication were allowed and a fair news media existed. So glow it up; we aren't going anywhere.

PS - I'm up for lunch in Madison if I'm working, or the county to the northwest if I'm home.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

LOL, OP has more years on this site than you do. Advising caution is a good thing, there are sure to be informants in any group. But the greater need to be united makes networking more important. We know that any outcome promoted by faithful members of this site will be fully in line with the US constitution and the traditional values of truth, and justice, equally for all. That's not something we need ever fear, or need to keep secret. On the contrary, our values would be more popular than the Left's if free communication were allowed and a fair news media existed. So glow it up; we aren't going anywhere.

PS - I'm up for lunch in Madison if I'm working, or the county to the northwest if I'm home.

Several years back there was a welding class in Milwaukee at the soda king’s shop.
A guy who wasn’t a member, so he didn’t sign up showed up, and left after a while.
It was suspected that he was with the ATF.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:55:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

this is why we could just send info by way of messenger at this point to vent those that are not members
View Quote

We still have to operate under the assumption that membership is compromised as well.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I am willing to have book club meetings at my shop to vetted members.  North of Milwaukee about 15minutes.

Another member and I went to a local meetup for people that want to network and start taking political action but it was cancelled due to "threats against the establishment that was hosting it" (that is as clear of an explanation as we got when we showed up).  We have to be very careful in establishing a vetting sequence prior to setting up physical meetings.

We just want to talk to each other; the crazies want us fired, dead, or in jail.  PERSEC, PERSEC, PERSEC right now.
View Quote

So how do we go about vetting people? Some years ago I had thought of having a meet and great but just couldn't work out the details.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Same here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

a WI HTF discord might not be a bad idea. I'd be in. PM me if we go that route.

Same here.

Me too.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Word from one of the PixelNacht threads is discord shut down groups using it to meet up for the 1/6 rally.  That may not be a great choice.  I offer no alternative other than that bit of info.
View Quote

Yeah, it's a short term solution in case Arfcom goes down in the near future. We can always find an alternative later on.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#24]
We can start with who knows whom.  I know membership has changed over the years (hell I haven't been active for years until the last several months) but many of us have met each other in the meatspace and can vouch for each other that at least I'm not going to get the copper wiring and scrap metal stolen from my shop.

Besides, I'm talking about an actual book club where we can start reading everything from Sowell to Von Clausewitz to Hayek so about the worst that can happen is we teach a glowboi about how currency works.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:17:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Green Bay area.  I'm in for a meet up, let me know the details.
View Quote

same
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

PM me your email, I can forward you the frequency chart

Posted in the discord chat
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:28:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
We can start with who knows whom.  I know membership has changed over the years (hell I haven't been active for years until the last several months) but many of us have met each other in the meatspace and can vouch for each other that at least I'm not going to get the copper wiring and scrap metal stolen from my shop.

Besides, I'm talking about an actual book club where we can start reading everything from Sowell to Von Clausewitz to Hayek so about the worst that can happen is we teach a glowboi about how currency works.
View Quote

That might work for some, but full disclosure I don't know any of you folks. I've exchanged a few PMs but none of you would recognize me in a crowd and vice versa. It's always a balancing act trying to get the word out to as many as possible while still keeping it on a need to know basis
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's a shame that stories like this must be considered in order to even get together and discuss things.
So as far as "vetting" as well as setting up any type of getting together, it would be very wise to do so. And we have to have our collective shit together.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

same
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Green Bay area.  I'm in for a meet up, let me know the details.

same

Same here... I'll meet up.
ETA Green Bay Area
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That might work for some, but full disclosure I don't know any of you folks. I've exchanged a few PMs but none of you would recognize me in a crowd and vice versa. It's always a balancing act trying to get the word out to as many as possible while still keeping it on a need to know basis
View Quote

That’s my problem too, and as much as I know vetting has to take place it’s probably going to mean I’m “out”.  Doubt anybody here knows me or remembers meeting up with me save for a few FTF EE deals or what must have been like the 2012 Roasted Nuts shoot.  I never made it a priority to network when I should have, and now it’s in to “too little, too late” territory.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:57:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'd also be interested if there is a Discord
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That’s my problem too, and as much as I know vetting has to take place it’s probably going to mean I’m “out”.  Doubt anybody here knows me or remembers meeting up with me save for a few FTF EE deals or what must have been like the 2012 Roasted Nuts shoot.  I never made it a priority to network when I should have, and now it’s in to “too little, too late” territory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also my problem.
A bunch of moody loners with assault rifles naturally don’t want to get together.
We can think of it like starting our own Possum Lodge, like Red Green.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Roasted Nuts shoots are a pretty good start.  I've got plenty of pictures from at least one of those and a zombie shoot up at Shawano as well.

Maybe classes we've taken?  Keep the ideas coming.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:15:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Same here but more towards southwest part of state.
View Quote
@1catquak
Southwest where?
I'm around the coulee region.
IM me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That's my problem too, and as much as I know vetting has to take place it's probably going to mean I'm "out".  Doubt anybody here knows me or remembers meeting up with me save for a few FTF EE deals or what must have been like the 2012 Roasted Nuts shoot.  I never made it a priority to network when I should have, and now it's in to "too little, too late" territory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's my problem too, and as much as I know vetting has to take place it's probably going to mean I'm "out".  Doubt anybody here knows me or remembers meeting up with me save for a few FTF EE deals or what must have been like the 2012 Roasted Nuts shoot.  I never made it a priority to network when I should have, and now it's in to "too little, too late" territory.

I have the same problem.  Last Roasted Nuts shoot I was at was in Shiocton.  I doubt anyone even remembers me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:26:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Dane county here.  I’m interested.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:40:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I have the same problem.  Last Roasted Nuts shoot I was at was in Shiocton.  I doubt anyone even remembers me.
View Quote

Yep same here.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:51:20 PM EDT
[#38]
No names, no license plates, masks, no visible tattoos, no distinctive clothing.  Learn from antifa, and how they caught some of them.

You won't have to be guilty of anything for them to take you.

I wish this was a gross exaggeration.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Well right there the three of you can figure out that you know each other.  I think that is how we start - one becomes two, then three, etc.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Hot damn. This took off. I'm 3/4s the way through the first page, with sending texting numbers. I'll finish the rest tonight.

Good work everybody, getting as coordinated as we are on short notice.

Apes strong together.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm just north of Dane county.  Signed up for discord.  Don't know anyone on here.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:31:02 PM EDT
[#42]
PMs sent. Maybe a few duplicates. Sorry.

Thank you all for picking up the ball and running with it. Sounds like we've got a couple of people organizing meetups, and one guy starting a book club.

This is excellent on short notice. Lets keep going.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:38:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:12:42 AM EDT
[#44]
I have met a few over the years, but I’m definitely more of a lurker.  In SE Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:19:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Sheboygan area here.

FYI anyone important probably has our locations from the IP's.

Terry Andrae is a good place for nature hikes and outdoor lore.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:24:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Anyone else having issues with authentication?  Trying to send PM's it tells me that the image verification failed even though I know it's right.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:26:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Also my problem.
A bunch of moody loners with assault rifles naturally don’t want to get together.
We can think of it like starting our own Possum Lodge, like Red Green.
View Quote

Hey now, I may or may not resemble that remark.

working 2nd shift and pulling on-call duty for the past 25 years has kept me pretty much a loner. But hey my wife and dogs love me.

Did meet a couple of members at a gunshow last Oct and had a good time.

Have dealt with a couple of other well respected members here over the years, both have been to my home and I to theirs.
One once a regular in the Wi HTF has been absent since the dust up over the banning of a WI member several years ago.
The other only posts infrequently now days.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:35:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Dammit, I'm going to have to look up my fake birthday for online sites!

Only arfcommer I've met in real life so far is @9divdoc he's not far from me. Meeting another tomorrow, though.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:01:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Well here in the state I've done Chuck Haggard, a few POD, and a joint MKE COPS / 10-32 Solutions class or two.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:06:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Interested. In Milwaukee area. I think the only way we know is if we have someone vouch for each other.

I was looking at LiberalGuns at Reddit and there were a lot of people who carried multiple patches for their carrier so they could blend in if needed. I'm not afraid of that, but it's not out of the realm that someone wearing a Gadsden flag and carrying a nice AR is not who you think they are. I think vouching for each other is the only way.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top