Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2017 10:08:50 PM EDT
I have always used Fletcher Arms in Waukesha (including NFA stuff) but am hoping to find a ffl that is a little more competitively price.

One that is reasonably fast at locating firearms I want or at least reasonably fast at handling transfers from online stores I order from.

To be clear, Fletcher wasn't slow for me just expensive.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Good question. It looks like everyone has raised their prices since the last time I got something transferred.

WI Tactical used to be cheaper but the employees were kind of retarded. $40 now.

My other option would have been Select Fire Weaponry but they want $40 as well now.

The guys at MI are really cool but they aren't in the business of transfers and price the service accordingly.

Do we have any other options in town?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Too bad you aren't closer to Northshore/Northwest, would send you to my guy.  Cheap. Class III and all that jazz too.  So, I can't make any personal recommendations, but FWIW...

Forum list from a few years ago, may jog some memories (likely out of date).

Another list from outside Arfcom.  Appears to include a few more names.  If you click on the hyperlinks, it gives fees where available.  Not sure how up to date.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:50:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Too bad you aren't closer to Northshore/Northwest, would send you to my guy.  Cheap. Class III and all that jazz too.  So, I can't make any personal recommendations, but FWIW...

Forum list from a few years ago, may jog some memories (likely out of date).

Another list from outside Arfcom.  Appears to include a few more names.  If you click on the hyperlinks, it gives fees where available.  Not sure how up to date.
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I was reminded tonight about this guy:

Integrity Arms LLC
N89 W15963 Main St
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Phone: 414-801-6178

Been a few years since I used him, Ernie IIRC.  He was willing to travel to meet me, within reason.  I believe the address is just an Ace Hardware that is by appointment anyways.  Otherwise he does the Bob and Rocco gun shows and gets around.  Got a few guns from him at good prices when Obama was re-elected and things were disappearing fast.

Might be worth a call.  Nice guy, accommodating.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was reminded tonight about this guy:

Integrity Arms LLC
N89 W15963 Main St
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Phone: 414-801-6178

Been a few years since I used him, Ernie IIRC.  He was willing to travel to meet me, within reason.  I believe the address is just an Ace Hardware that is by appointment anyways.  Otherwise he does the Bob and Rocco gun shows and gets around.  Got a few guns from him at good prices when Obama was re-elected and things were disappearing fast.

Might be worth a call.  Nice guy, accommodating.
View Quote
Is this guy older, like maybe 60ish now?

I bought a 92fs back in the late 90's at one of those gun shows and after the waiting period had to pick it up over on Main st.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#7]
If I had to guess (been a while since I saw him) I would put him closer to the 50ish mark.  As I recall, he wasn't just being nice meeting me, I believe he does some running around the MKE area doing deliveries after the gun shows when there was the waiting period.  I seem to recall he was rarely ever at the Main Street address, except by appointment.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I use Tycor Defense in Milwaukee. I've always had a great experience there. They also have a punch card for transfers. I think it's buy 5 transfers and get your 6th free.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I use Tycor Defense in Milwaukee. I've always had a great experience there. They also have a punch card for transfers. I think it's buy 5 transfers and get your 6th free.
View Quote
That's who I use too.  Marty and Val (Tycor) are great.  They do it all.  Marty can often beat pricing of the online vendors.  Just ordered a new gun from Bud's.  He said it was about $30 below his cost, so cheaper even adding in the transfer.  But on the other hand, got a Sig from him that was $580 from him when the cheapest online shipped was $680, before transfer fees.  He believes in charging a set amount over cost, not what the market will bear.  So even when things are going for way more than normal selling price on gunbroker, online stores or elsewhere he still charges the same amount over his cost.

And he is closer for me, so I stopped going to Ernie.  If you are willing to make the trip, Tycor is great. Very stand up people. If I had one complaint, they could communicate a bit better.  Not a huge issue, everything always works out, just have to follow up sometimes.  They make their money on volume.

Tycor Defense LLC
Attn: Marty or Val
6643 West Spokane Street
Milwaukee, WI 53223
Phone: 414-303-5577 (cell)
[email protected]
http://www.tycordefense.com/

ETA: And don't rely on his website for what he has on hand, he never updates it.  Just contact him.  He doesn't have a huge stock on hand and it is always changing.  If he doesn't have it he can tell you when he will (usually in short order) and how much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top