Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2017 10:44:34 AM EDT
I need plans drawn up to appease the city  for issuing a permit.
their requirements are that the engineer or architect be certified by the state.
also, how much should i expect to pay for this?

its required as the building the repair is being done on is a commercial apartment building.

long story short 2-3 beams have rot on a porch and replacing them i need a permit to do so. and new plans drawn up are required for said permit.

thanks
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 1:53:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Jim Morris (P.E.) that works at Jendusa Design and Engineering out of Hartland is certified by Wisconsin.  

I had him provide me structural repair plans for a permit to address a sagging floor (undersized main beam/column/footing/joists).

ETA comment on costing:  I tried looking up what the cost was (mailed invoice, no email searchable record), I looked at my bank statements around that time and believe it cost $600 to analyze the house, take measurements, go up in the attic to understand the odd construction layout with the building, and generate final calculations and write the summary and repair report.  

I had him come back to look at a sagging beam over the garage entrance (living room above it) and to design a flitch plate beam to replace the existing undersized beam.  I believe that cost was around $275-$300

ETA2 8/28: No problem.  (and corrected typo, right=write)
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jim Morris (P.E.) that works at Jendusa Design and Engineering out of Hartland is certified by Wisconsin.  

I had him provide me structural repair plans for a permit to address a sagging floor (undersized main beam/column/footing/joists).

ETA comment on costing:  I tried looking up what the cost was (mailed invoice, no email searchable record), I looked at my bank statements around that time and believe it cost $600 to analyze the house, take measurements, go up in the attic to understand the odd construction layout with the building, and generate final calculations and right the summary and repair report.  

I had him come back to look at a sagging beam over the garage entrance (living room above it) and to design a flitch plate beam to replace the existing undersized beam.  I believe that cost was around $275-$300
View Quote
awesome thank you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top