BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi guys, thanks for the props.  I wanted to say a couple things in response

1.  The props should go to Jesus Gonzales (Parabellum).  He stuck his neck out when noone else would.  I had the AG backing me - he just had Truth.  We are all freer men for his courage.

2.  Please help us educate all of your friends and family about open carry.  Public opinion is very important.

3.  Please send an email to [email protected] and tell him to start respecting the rights of gun owners.  And ask everyone you know to, also.

4.  Start open carrying.  The movement has begun, you do NOT want to be the guy who's found sitting after the real men stood up.  Educate yourself, educate your friends, educate the public, educate the cops.

In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot. - Mark Twain

We have the school zone map!  Thanks and props go to Pointman.  I'm trying to see if we can get one with better quality:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=25706&forum_id=57&jump_to=427715
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

1.  The props should go to Jesus Gonzales (Parabellum).  He stuck his neck out when noone else would.  I had the AG backing me - he just had Truth.  We are all freer men for his courage.

2.  Please help us educate all of your friends and family about open carry.  Public opinion is very important.

3.  Please send an email to [email protected] and tell him to start respecting the rights of gun owners.  And ask everyone you know to, also.

4.  Start open carrying.  The movement has begun, you do NOT want to be the guy who's found sitting after the real men stood up.  Educate yourself, educate your friends, educate the public, educate the cops.

In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot. - Mark Twain

We have the school zone map!  Thanks and props go to Pointman.  I'm trying to see if we can get one with better quality:

glad to see you found AR15.com

In case anyone is wondering he's the one wearing the cahones in this thread
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 3:31:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Where is the channel 12 news link to this story? I e mailed Vicky Mekenna news talk 1130 about this and she wanted the link.She's very pro gun and talks pro gun on her 10am-12 radio show.
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 4:01:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

glad to see you found AR15.com

In case anyone is wondering he's the one wearing the cahones in this thread

looking at the school zone maps

jeepers... so many school zones...
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 4:25:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the guy was open carrying on his right side while his right arm is tied up in a sling? How was he planning on defending himself if needed?

Quoted:
Not to mention weapon retention

Quoted:
I was thinking the same thing.... other then excercsing his right... what was the point??? What if he REALLY needed it... or needed to retain if from a grab.... or was it a strategy to see if he would still be thrown to the ground  with a bad wing and a camera crew close by.. I smell something....

it's sad that there are still some people who just don't get it

I think this pretty much sums it up:

Quoted:
The point is that he open carried at the mall.

yet again the wisconsin population is too worried about specifics... yes we are our own worst enemy.

maybe we can talk about the tactics of open carrying once we dont have to worry about the police tazing us

I get it so he OCd in a mall B.F.D. unless the sling is a front and then some the gun is totally useless the way it is carried weapon retention is a basic come on man,anyone with haft a brain could have snatched it and ran away with not a smart move.
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#6]
edited
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the guy was open carrying on his right side while his right arm is tied up in a sling? How was he planning on defending himself if needed?

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was thinking the same thing.... other then excercsing his right... what was the point??? What if he REALLY needed it... or needed to retain if from a grab.... or was it a strategy to see if he would still be thrown to the ground  with a bad wing and a camera crew close by.. I smell something....

Quoted:

yet again the wisconsin population is too worried about specifics... yes we are our own worst enemy.

maybe we can talk about the tactics of open carrying once we dont have to worry about the police tazing us

I get it so he OCd in a mall B.F.D. unless the sling is a front and then some the gun is totally useless the way it is carried weapon retention is a basic come on man,anyone with haft a brain could have snatched it and ran away with not a smart move.

big fucking deal?       you can say BFD after you've done it!

I would like to see someone try to grab for his firearm, arm being in a sling or not

Link Posted: 5/13/2009 1:50:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you to eleuthera, we need more people to do just as you have...  the more news stories like this the better, it shows that people OC'g are law abiding citizens...  I don't see how people don't get that...

The guy is out standing up and making a statement in what he believes in and everyone else reaps the benefits... stop criticizing someone until you are personally doing something to help the situation.

eleuthera - don't let any of negativity here bring you down, they may say it now, but they'll be thanking you later....
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 2:00:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

edited

Cudos to you fine sir. And thank you for having the balls.
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would like to see someone try to grab for his firearm, arm being in a sling or not

Lighten Up Lawrence
Lots of cowboys running around OC Im just saying ya know just because they can now,I'm up for grab n a gun from a one armed manor do you know more then what it seems to be
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I suppose those of you that are anti-OC are actively participating in the fight to get CCW passed in WI, right?

And by that, I don't mean sending the NRA a check every year.
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#12]
HKMP5A2, I sent you a pm to try to figure out where you're coming from here - I'd appreciate it if you'd respond.  There are a lot of things that just aren't transparent here, and a lot of info that JacobK is aware of that you are not.
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I suppose those of you that are anti-OC are actively participating in the fight to get CCW passed in WI, right?

gregg:

re. red
i don't think anyone here is anti-OC (at least from what I have read) so much as people are "OC is nice, but doesn't help most people stuck in or around Milwaukee, Madison, etc whereas CCW would be awesome."

re. blue
lol
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 2:32:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
HKMP5A2, I sent you a pm to try to figure out where you're coming from here - I'd appreciate it if you'd respond.  There are a lot of things that just aren't transparent here, and a lot of info that JacobK is aware of that you are not.

Did not get it
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 7:10:07 AM EDT
[#15]
I think the point that a lot of guys are making is that a right handed guy carrying a guy on his right hip with his right arm in a sling, was maybe not the best face to put on this issue which we are all so passionate about.  I'm not slighting the Gentleman who did this, nor do I have anything short of the fullest respect for him.  He did something a lot of us are not willing to do.

It's sort of like when a priest comes out talking about abstinance and waiting until marriage, blah blah blah, only to find out hes molesting little boys, not the best face to put on abstinence and monagomy.

Just because someone contends the arm-in-a-sling part does not mean they are anti open carry.  If anything, the sling gives the antis something to write about "This is why we need gun control, people who aren't even capable to draw a weopon are carrying guns around for show!"

I know I wont carry until I've taken a course or two, so that I am confident that I know what I am doing.  Does that make me anti CC or OC?  No, it makes me a responsible gun owner.

So, to recap for all those who will take my statements out of context anyways - The OC guy is a Child Molesting Priest and I am Anti Freedom, OC, CCW, and everything else.

Bob
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 7:50:17 AM EDT
[#16]
So, to recap for all those who will take my statements out of context anyways - The OC guy is a Child Molesting Priest and I am Anti Freedom, OC, CCW, and everything else.

Link Posted: 5/14/2009 10:38:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

haha
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 11:15:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I must admit I LOL'd

Link Posted: 5/15/2009 7:13:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
so if i have a vault that has a facade in front of it, hypothetically that is also concealed?
sweet Jesus, that is ridiculous.
if my partnership/business ever dissolves or turns unprofitable, i am moving out of this tax hell liberal cesspool.

Hypothetically, yes.  In reality, no.  No DA would prosecute that, and no judge would ever instruct a jury in a way that would allow them to convict you for having guns in a safe.  Like Hamdan, though, you could be convicted for CCW in your home or business having the gun on your person.  

I disagree that you could even be charged with CCW in your home or business. Here's why.

Yes, Hamdan was convicted at his original trial (and fined $1) but that conviction was overturned by a higher state appeals court. The "State" appealed that decision to the WI Supreme Court, which upheld the overturning of Hamdan's conviction by the appeals court. Was an "exception" put into the statue after Hamdan? No. But case-law precedent was set by the Hamdan decision, which is an official "interpretation" of that statute by the highest court in the state. If that highest court said Hamdan was innocent of violating 941.23, how can anyone else be charged?

I said this in the "other" thread, and I'll say it again here. The "affirmative defense" mentioned in the Hamdan decision is about CCing outside your home and/or business. Hamdan's aquittal being upheld by the Supreme Court on constitutional grounds made it very clear that CCing in your home or business is a protected right.

Link Posted: 5/15/2009 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sometimes talking about what you do isn't always the smart thing to do.
And open carrying a pistol in such a manner as he did was reckless. Nothing may have happened, but had it he would not have been able to effectively defend himself.
Just because you can doesn't always mean you should.
It's nice to see people willing to OC, but they also need to be smart about it.

Link Posted: 5/15/2009 11:26:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Some of the folks that you may think are anti-OC are people that have been advocating OC and the courts as a means to get CCW.

Link Posted: 5/15/2009 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

/snip/

Lighten Up Lawrence
Lots of cowboys running around OC Im just saying ya know just because they can now,I'm up for grab n a gun from a one armed manor do you know more then what it seems to be

Link Posted: 5/15/2009 11:17:35 PM EDT
[#24]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hJ9dzgvAkI

They honestly could not have taken a worse portion of that interview - they were totally slanted the whole time.  "Was testing that law" I wasn't testing anything, I was daring Flynn to make good on his unlawful promise.  

I'm honestly pretty pissed off - the earlier runs of this story were way better.  Oh well, better than nothing.
Link Posted: 5/16/2009 6:45:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll embed that for ya

maybe throw a hotlink in there as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hJ9dzgvAkI
Link Posted: 5/16/2009 1:19:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Just OC'd with 3 other guys in the 3rd ward downtown for ~3 hours - no cops, no people freaking out, just a good time.  The fact that we weren't stopped a single time really ecourages me - perhaps we've arrived?
Link Posted: 5/16/2009 11:27:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Audio is up!

Part one: up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUmDyk2Q8QA

Part two: up but not processed by youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPVC_0Z36JI

part three: same as part two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTdlK36lapg

Great Success!
Link Posted: 5/17/2009 7:11:27 AM EDT
[#28]
third ward?

im surprised that the MIAD students didnt throw eggs
Link Posted: 5/17/2009 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#29]
haha MIAD students...I wouldn't really have minded if they had given us a hard time, because my degree is actually worth something.   That's why I have a job  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top