Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 4:40:06 PM EDT
I live in Houston Tx where everyone and their elderly grandma carrys and im wondering if my father who recently moved to Wisconsin can carry a concealed handgun? whats the laws and licensing procedures.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#1]
As of right now no he can not carry concealed execpt for in his home/on his peoperty or in his place of business.

That could change come June-ish(or before too) But right now no CCW in public places.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:27:35 PM EDT
[#2]
hmm, then i guess wisconsin, err... its laws suck!
i wonder if yalls senators would want to hear an out of state person complain?
im not registered to vote in Wisconsin so i doubt that anyone would care about what i have to say.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
hmm, then i guess wisconsin, err... its laws suck!Yes, yes they do.
i wonder if yalls senators would want to hear an out of state person complain? Well depending on which one you write to they may care or it may be like talking to a brick wall.
im not registered to vote in Wisconsin so i doubt that anyone would care about what i have to say.No but you potentially have money to spend in Wisconsin, you know how them politicians are about money

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:34:16 AM EDT
[#4]
HK,

We've had a very contentious and recent try at CCW laws.  Suffice it to say that without intervention by the courts or a big change in WI politics, it will be a while before we have shall-issue CCW.

FWIW, open carry is technically legal here in WI, but depending on where your father moved to up here, it could be a dicey situation.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Illegal CCW is only a misdemenor in WI.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#6]
class a misdeameanor is serious dumbass
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
class a misdeameanor is serious dumbass

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top