Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/21/2006 8:51:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 8:53:16 PM EDT by TrapperJohn4077]
I've done it, and I'll do it again, but I don't live in Milwaukee or Madison. I just like walkng with a firearm. I have no criminal intent so I don't feel like I will be bothered. So far, so good. I don't understand what the fuss is about.

edit: I thought I was replying to the open carry thread, not starting a new thread, Oh well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:54:24 PM EDT
What part of WI? I'd love to do that, but I'd be fu@#$d for sure in Douglas Co.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:46:14 PM EDT
Winnebago, Outagamie, Taylor, and Forest Counties. I always carried a small game license in case I got hassled I could claim I was "hunting" but that never happened.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:37:53 AM EDT
In the woods or down a city sidewalk? I know it shouldn't matter but it does.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:48:17 AM EDT
Quote:I don't understand what the fuss is about.

Do it in milwaukee or wauwatosa and you'll see what all the fuss is about!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:57:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TrapperJohn4077:
Winnebago, Outagamie, Taylor, and Forest Counties. I always carried a small game license in case I got hassled I could claim I was "hunting" but that never happened.

It sounds like you are "carrying" in the woods. Hell, I open carry at the sportsman's club all the time, and on my own property too. As a matter of fact I often carry concealed on my own property. Unless you are carrying in town then it doesn't count.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:23:06 AM EDT
Even "town" is often the woods. Lets face it, Crandon isn't exactly a metropolis.... I don't think twice about it in the more rural communities, but I don't know if I would do the same thing in Appleton or Green Bay.

I guess I'll just stay out in the sticks where things are a bit more laid back.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:11:48 PM EDT
It's a start, and I admire your courage for trying it. One step at a time people. Get comfortable carrying there, and then move on to the bigger places. Print this on a piece of paper, and that should be all you need.

Article I, §25
Right to keep and bear arms. Section 25. [As created Nov. 1998] The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose. [1995 J.R. 27, 1997 J.R. 21, vote November 1998]

941.23 Carrying concealed weapon. Any person except a peace officer who goes armed with a concealed and dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.

941.23 ANNOT - The concealed weapons statute is a restriction on the manner in which firearms are possessed and used....
Top Top