Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 8:51:15 PM EDT
I've done it, and I'll do it again, but I don't live in Milwaukee or Madison.  I just like walkng with a firearm. I have no criminal intent so I don't feel like I will be bothered. So far, so good.  I don't understand what the fuss is about.

edit: I thought I was replying to the open carry thread, not starting a new thread, Oh well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:54:24 PM EDT
[#1]
What part of WI?  I'd love to do that, but I'd be fu@#$d for sure in Douglas Co.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:46:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Winnebago, Outagamie, Taylor, and Forest Counties. I always carried a small game license in case I got hassled I could claim I was "hunting" but that never happened.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:37:53 AM EDT
[#3]
In the woods or down a city sidewalk? I know it shouldn't matter but it does.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:48:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quote:I don't understand what the fuss is about.

Do it in milwaukee or wauwatosa and you'll see what all the fuss is about!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:57:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Winnebago, Outagamie, Taylor, and Forest Counties. I always carried a small game license in case I got hassled I could claim I was "hunting" but that never happened.

It sounds like you are "carrying" in the woods.  Hell, I open carry at the sportsman's club all the time, and on my own property too.  As a matter of fact I often carry concealed on my own property.  Unless you are carrying in town then it doesn't count.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Even "town" is often the woods. Lets face it, Crandon isn't exactly a metropolis....  I don't think twice about it in the more rural communities, but I don't know if I would do the same thing in Appleton or Green Bay.

I guess I'll just stay out in the sticks where things are a bit more laid back.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a start, and I admire your courage for trying it. One step at a time people. Get comfortable carrying there, and then move on to the bigger places. Print this on a piece of paper, and that should be all you need.

Article I, §25
Right to keep and bear arms. Section 25. [As created Nov. 1998] The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose. [1995 J.R. 27, 1997 J.R. 21, vote November 1998]

941.23 Carrying concealed weapon. Any person except a peace officer who goes armed with a concealed and dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.

941.23 ANNOT - The concealed weapons statute is a restriction on the manner in which firearms are possessed and used....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top