Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 4:15:29 PM EDT
So I get a call from TommyTrauma today. He says that Troy from Wallyworld just called they have more 223 amo in, how much do I want them to set aside for me. I say cool beans set out a case for me.
Fast foreward to later that evening. I stop by the store to grab my amo and talk to the sporting goods guy. Tell him I am supposed to have a case of amo set aside. He goes in back and checks............. nope no amo set aside.

I say well how much you got there *pointing at the amo counter*. He tells me 10 boxes. Hmm thats a case, works for me.
Well he found 11 boxes and goes to ring em up. The cash register starts beeping and squeeling. I think crap now I did it they won't sell me their whole stock.

Nope seems their inventory was off by one box and the register will not allow him to ring up the last box. He tries three times and every time it tells him nope you cannot ring that up becuse it does not exist.

The dude ringing me up says fine just take the damn thing and we won't tell anyone.

I say but if I get stopped on the way out by the receipt checker I am hosed. He says no problem and carrys my amo outside to my truck for me.

Noone was hurt in the transaction and I did not have to draw down on anyone. I did however get a  free 40 rnd box of amo from Wally World .

The only downside is that they are out of 223 again for anouther 2 weeks and my wife was heading over there shopping this weekend. Guess she will just have to get 45 acp
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
nothing beats getting one over on wallyworld, heck they screw americans daily good to get them back every so often
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Dang it!  What is with you and WallyWorld?  You must also be the type that finds great deals at garage sales too.  (I never do.)

I do like getting my 9mm there.  The normal sporting goods guy is originally from the Philipines and likes to tell me about the FA Uzi he used to have there.  I don't have the heart to tell him that I know folks that have stuff cooler than that!

P.S.  I'm bringing Wolf to the Cold Weather Carbine shoot.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I went on Saturday in Oshkosh and bought all they had... 3 whole friggin' boxes of .223.  WTF???  I told them that if they would stock more, I would buy more, but they always seem to have only 6 or less boxes in stock.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I went on Saturday in Oshkosh and bought all they had... 3 whole friggin' boxes of .223.  WTF???  I told them that if they would stock more, I would buy more, but they always seem to have only 6 or less boxes in stock.

Hhhhmmmm didn't know my wifey has been going that far for amo.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't quite understand what you're all excited about.

WWB 9mm is twelve-something for 100 rounds.
~$130/1000 rd. case ... not bad.

WWB 223 is thirteen-something for fourty rounds.
~$350/1000 rd. case ... not good at all.
It's not match ammo, and we're not shooting custom precision rifles from sleds on benches.
WTF are you so excited about when you're paying thirty-five cents a round?

More ammo is always a good thing, but I don't think you got over one damned inch by getting 440 rds for $140.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Would it help if i tell ya I got a 1K case of M855 ADCOM for $170 shipped (.18$ a rd) when they had a special and I just got my 1440 rd case of M193 Guatemalan delivered for $260 shipped (.17$ a rd) and when I bought a case of Wolf Polymer is was like $105 shipped.....

You guys should really buy your ammo in bulk on line it really is a lot cheaper and I have yet to run into5.56MM surplus that did not go bang and was 4MOA or less for accuracy.. Hell, even the Wold shot pretty  accurate. For training /classes, it's all good stuff.

And don't even think about buying it at a gun show........

You buy 9MM Blazer in case lots and you can get it for under $5 a box of 50 and Blazer brass can be had for $5 a box
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Winchester white box is $7.47/40, not 13 something.  That makes it like $187/case.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:00:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Winchester white box is $7.47/40, not 13 something.  That makes it like $187/case.

And 100 rnd WWB 9mm is ~11.50 locally = $115/1k.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I am glad I don't go to the same Wal Mart that TJ goes to.  It sounds like he is getting raped.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:29:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Still isn't cheap... you could reload your own for $95-100 / 1k
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:27:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am glad I don't go to the same Wal Mart that TJ goes to.  It sounds like he is getting raped.

Not getting raped; not buying.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was simply poking fun at the fact that you WAY overstated the price of WWB .223 and tried to make us feel stupid for buying it, when in fact you were the one who was way off on your price paid.  Nothing personal, I just don't like when people try to make me feel like a dumbass.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:53:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was simply poking fun at the fact that you WAY overstated the price of WWB .223 and tried to make us feel stupid for buying it, when in fact you were the one who was way off on your price paid.  Nothing personal, I just don't like when people try to make me feel like a dumbass.

Jeez all you old guys do is argue ;)
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

that winchester white box is hard to get in.  i work at the wally in darboy(appelton east)  and we are all ways trying to get that stuff in. we couldn't order it direct, or through our d/c, plus our home office big wigs say we cant order it when we would sell it the most. i think we got a good case on the shelf right now tho....dont know when more is comming tho.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Our local store stocks 2 cases at a time. when they sell all of it there is a auto reorder and it takes about 2 weeks to get anouther 2 cases in. They cannot order more than 2 cases at a time and they have to sell all of it before it will reorder.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:43:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

No wonder there's never any there when I go try to buy some.... You're hoggin' it all... j/k
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:53:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
P.S.  I'm bringing Wolf to the Cold Weather Carbine shoot.

The horror...

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:24:17 AM EDT
[#18]
So I'll recognize you by all the cursing and half-ejected cartridge cases????

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:21:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:30:37 AM EDT
[#20]
I'll be shooting custom handloads made from fire formed turned-weighed-and-matched brass with a powder blend I've developed that keeps an even barrel presure throughout the burn cycle. This coupled with the composite boat-tail projectiles that have their mass distributed on the periphery, set three thousandths off the lands and roll crimped promise ballistic performance that is utterly indistinguishable from Wolf when shooting on the move under stress.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:19:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Either that or by my trademark 'pee-pee dance'.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

It's not match ammo, and we're not shooting custom precision rifles from sleds on benches.

More ammo is always a good thing, but I don't think you got over one damned inch by getting 440 rds for $140.

What Wally World are you going to???
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'll be shooting custom handloads made from fire formed turned-weighed-and-matched brass with a powder blend I've developed that keeps an even barrel presure throughout the burn cycle. This coupled with the composite boat-tail projectiles that have their mass distributed on the periphery, set three thousandths off the lands and roll crimped promise ballistic performance that is utterly indistinguishable from Wolf when shooting on the move under stress.

So true it is.  I don't mind wolf.  What I mind about it is I don't have enough.  I heard that Winchester may be discontinuing that load.  That could be a load of crap though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:56:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What Wally World are you going to???

I think it's Greenfield; on route 100.

The few cents disparity on the 9mm is probably just that location's pricing.
The huge difference in the 223 might be an error.
I specifically checked it last time I was there, the price under the 40 round WWB 223 boxes was 13-something.
I tipped my head sideways at the thought of paying over three times the Wolf price for some WWB, and told the guy, "Nevermind."
It's possible that the shelf price is incorrect but would ring up correctly.
I'll find out next time I'm there, just to see if it's a mistake or gouging.

Either way, I'm not paying 19 cents a round unless I start reloading for .223 and need the brass.

We're spoiled on the cheap Wolf for blasting, and prefer having sealer on the cases for peace of mind.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:37:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
We're spoiled on the cheap Wolf for blasting, and prefer having sealer on the cases for peace of mind.

You do know that Wolf will work 100% after being under water for a month, right?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:57:06 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Local walmart here has 9mm 100 pk 10.96 or something like that.

Found WWB 223 REM 45gr. jhp varmint high velocity 3600fps $13 something 40 rnd value pack, made in USA  stock #usa2232

Also WWB 223 REM 55 gr fmj $7 something 40 rnd value pack made in Israel distributed by Olin corp.  stock#223r1vp

looks like it was just a matter of which round was being priced out.

BTH out
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:18:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You do know that Wolf will work 100% after being under water for a month, right?

Actually I tested a bunch of the steel cased, laqeur coated 7.62x39 Wolf ammo before the the poly stuff was available.
I can't remember exactly how long it ran, if I dig up the pictures they have date tags on them.
Put some rounds in motor oil.
Put some rounds in CLP.
Put some rounds in WD40.
Put some rounds in water.
Pretty sure it was ~six weeks.

Everything went bang; no duds.
The motor oil didn't even hurt the finish.
The CLP and WD40 took a little bit of the laqeur off, but the seals were still real strong.
The water was a mofo. Every one of the cases that were in the water split BADLY.
I was glad that I didn't let the test run any longer, becasue the rounds in water were edging towards scarey.

So I DO KNOW that they will fire 100% after soaking in water for a month.
However, from looking at the cases laying around the range, the poly coated stuff seems to rust out very quickly compared to the laquer cases, so that might be a whole 'nother story.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:20:04 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Local walmart here has 9mm 100 pk 10.96 or something like that.

Found WWB 223 REM 45gr. jhp varmint high velocity 3600fps $13 something 40 rnd value pack, made in USA  stock #usa2232

Also WWB 223 REM 55 gr fmj $7 something 40 rnd value pack made in Israel distributed by Olin corp.  stock#223r1vp

looks like it was just a matter of which round was being priced out.

BTH out

Thanks for clearing that up.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:32:37 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
...I DO KNOW that they will fire 100% after soaking in water for a month.
However, from looking at the cases laying around the range, the poly coated stuff seems to rust out very quickly compared to the laquer cases, so that might be a whole 'nother story.

YMMV.

Poly-coated .223 will have flash-rust on the cases anywhere they've contacted something else (paper or other cases).  As long as the paper is removed, they feed, fire, and extract from my frankengun, and had no splitting, cracking, etc.

FWIW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top