Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Ill bring my bushy, have 1k rounds to play with. Also just bought a beretta px4 today so im sure ill bring that and some ammo. Might even bring the .270 havent shot that in ages.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:34:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ill bring my bushy, have 1k rounds to play with. Also just bought a beretta px4 today so im sure ill bring that and some ammo. Might even bring the .270 havent shot that in ages.

Ever shoot a CX4?  If I go can I have a go at the PX4? I will bring my CX4...

Dave IF I go I will bring the target stands. Assuming they made it through the winter outside. The ones I have are wood. I have plans on building steel ones soon.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow little surprised to bought a cx without having the PX, but ya maybe i can understand it was tempting for sure but wanted to look into them before i got the CX.

Anyway ya im sure we can work something out what cal is your CX? I picked up "well will monday" a .40 px4 so maybe bring a box as im not sure how much ill have
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:45:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wow little surprised to bought a cx without having the PX, but ya maybe i can understand it was tempting for sure but wanted to look into them before i got the CX.

Anyway ya im sure we can work something out what cal is your CX? I picked up "well will monday" a .40 px4 so maybe bring a box as im not sure how much ill have

Love my CX. It is 9mm. I will bring some 40 for the PX.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I was just shiocton on saturday, even with the snow it's still fun shooting, as the area where you sit is pretty dry. They only have two standup targets out there right now, someone must have stole some, because there used to be like 6.

Everyone still planning on coming? :)
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:12:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I am still planning on being there.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Are there benches at the rifle range?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Are there benches at the rifle range?

Yes, table tops cemented into the ground, then a bench chained to those tabletops.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#9]
still looking forward to it

Primary toys to bring

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I will be bringing:

16" AR (.223)
20" AR (.223)
Mosin 91/30(7.62x54R)
Springfield 1903(.30-06)
a few AKs(7.62x39)
Yugo M59 SKS(7.62x39)
Finn M39(7.62x54R)
FR8(.308)
AK pistol(7.62x39)
XD40 (if it's back from being duracoated)
.22 pistol
Maybe an Enfield if anybody has any .303 and wants to shoot it

I figure the 1903, the M39 and the 91/30 and 20" AR will be fun at longer ranges.  Anybody is welcome to shoot anything I have, if you can bring some ammo that will be cool.  I did just order 1k of 7.62x39, but I don't know if it will be here in time, it is on back order.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I think I will bring these

And my
Ruger M77 .338 win mag
Mosin M44 7.62X54R
Taurus M44 .44Mag
.22 rifle
Kimber 1911
Suitcase Nuke
VX rocket
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1293/4220040/8843869/129472769.jpg

And my
Ruger M77 .338 win mag
Mosin M44 7.62X54R
Taurus M44 .44Mag
.22 rifle
Kimber 1911
Suitcase Nuke
VX rocket

Do you think it will be a problem if I bring my suitcase nuke too, or is that overkill?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:04:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1293/4220040/8843869/129472769.jpg

And my
Ruger M77 .338 win mag
Mosin M44 7.62X54R
Taurus M44 .44Mag
.22 rifle
Kimber 1911
Suitcase Nuke
VX rocket

Do you think it will be a problem if I bring my suitcase nuke too, or is that overkill?

I think it will be ok. It's called M.A.D.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:58:30 PM EDT
[#14]

They only have two standup targets out there right now, someone must have stole some,

Not good, maybe only a couple out due to lack of usage this time of year, maybe under all the snow?

Maybe whom ever makes the curtesy call to the sheriff/rangemaster they could ask if more targets are avail. Otherwise we are going to be quite screwed
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

They only have two standup targets out there right now, someone must have stole some,

Not good, maybe only a couple out due to lack of usage this time of year, maybe under all the snow?

Maybe whom ever makes the curtesy call to the sheriff/rangemaster they could ask if more targets are avail. Otherwise we are going to be quite screwed

As I said I can bring some target stands and uprights if someone brings some cardboard.

So we are not to screwed.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll bring some Tgt stands.. their easy to make out of 2 x 4's
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I can bring cardboard how big you need? Can we cut it on-site? :)

Okay to sound like a newb, what is a Suitcase Nuke... lol

---

I'll bring the M4gery, AK, Sig 220, Mossie 500 tacticalized ;)

Did we decide what we're doing for food? Are we going to grill out there, or eat before you come, or bring your own food, what is the game plan?

Does someone have a smaller grill to bring if we decide to grill ?

Just trying to figure it all out :) See ya all there.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:39:54 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

---

Did we decide what we're doing for food? Are we going to grill out there, or eat before you come, or bring your own food, what is the game plan?

Suitcase nukes are what the Soviets brought into, and hid all over this country during the Cold War (supposedly).  They are a kind of tactical nuke that is suitcase sized for portability.

I will bring a small grill, do we want gas or my little charcoal Weber grill?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

---

Suitcase nukes are what the Soviets brought into, and hid all over this country during the Cold War (supposedly).  They are a kind of tactical nuke that is suitcase sized for portability.

I will bring a small grill, do we want gas or my little charcoal Weber grill?

Your call boss ;)
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:39:33 AM EDT
[#20]
march 25 is good for me, hope the weather is good
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:56:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Sportsmans in De Pere usually has a case for sale by the box, Dunham's in Green Bay usually has the same , i think last i checked they wanted $2.50 a box, more expensive than mail order , but beggar's can't be choosers.

Dunham's just raised their price to over $3.00 a box.  There was a guy at the Gun Show this weekend with a bunch for $2.60'ish though.  I am going to track him down and try to get a bunch.  Sportsman's is out of cheap stuff also as of this past weekend.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Well I can see this is quickly turning into a big tadoo.
Dave, Dale I have a little Weber also I can bring. I would think a couple of those would be enough. I have no charcoal or lighter fluid. Dale do you have any or do we need to get some?

As for food, I can bring a pack of burgers and buns maybe an 8 pack. Anyone else gonna volunteer to bring food?

As for the cardboard size. My stands will handle anything about 18"-24" wide and about 24" tall. I will get you a definite number on the quantity of stands I can bring. I have to pull them out of the pit tomorrow.

As far as firearms.
Is anyone bringing a 50bmg? If so, what?
Is anyone bringing anything NFA? If so what?

I really would love the opportunity to shoot a 50 rifle and not just the M2. If there is any FA there. Are you willing to let others shoot it? What type of ammo do you want shot out of it? Give us some details. If you don't want anyone else shooting your stuff, just say so, so there is no confusion.
I would think the same would go for others. Try to be considerate about ammo usage. If you don't mind other people burning  up your ammo then great. I let a crowd full of people burn up a bunch of my ammo last year for next to nothing. I felt the pinch later cost wise.

I hope I am not stepping on your toes here David. I just figured I would get a few things out of the way.

David Here is a page about the "suitcase nuke" and the U.S. prototype and delivery system. I am not sure if the prototype was functional. There are videos as well.

So who is officially signing on to this shoot? Please sound off. Copy and paste this section and add your name.  BTW, What is the official start time?

Flamethrower

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#23]

So who is officially signing on to this shoot? Please sound off. Copy and paste this section and add your name.  BTW, What is the official start time?

Flamethrower
dalesimpson

I will bring a bag of charcoal, and something to eat.  

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#24]
So who is officially signing on to this shoot? Please sound off. Copy and paste this section and add your name. BTW, What is the official start time?

Flamethrower
dalesimpson
CrotalusCo "Dan"

I can bring whatever needed , just let me know

I have a couple weeks will keep an eye out of large cardboard as well "one can never have enough" If we need some frames made just give me ideas on sizes, im a carpenter so tons of scrap wood around
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#25]
So who is officially signing on to this shoot? Please sound off. Copy and paste this section and add your name. BTW, What is the official start time?

Flamethrower
dalesimpson
CrotalusCo "Dan"
DavidK

------

Flamethrower you're not stepping on toes, I was just thinking about those things ;)

We need people to let us know if you're bringing NFA, are you going to let people shoot them? If so, bring your own ammo? If so... what type of ammo? If only your ammo, how much? And what gun...

For food, I think it'd be best if everyone brought their own, and perhaps Dale and Flamethrower wouldn't mind sharing their grills? This way no one is stuck paying for other people...

Flamethrower, I'll bring cardboard, just let me know how much before hand...

Official start time is whenever people start arriving I guess, since we have some travelling a ways to get there, it can vary, but for the record, I will be showing up at 8:30ish, Kevin (yfs200) will be showing up around 9:00ish I think.

So it's up to you guys. I won't have a ton to shoot because I am a poor kid, but I'll be there shooting something no less... and just getting to meet you guys will be worth it! :)

Also I've never done any of the pistol matches like they have at Springbrook, so... if you guys wouldn't mind showing me how it's done while we're there, that'd help, then I won't look like such an idiot in April :)

Just keep throwing up ideas and suggestions!

-David

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Flamethrower
dalesimpson
CrotalusCo "Dan"
DavidK
MGLouie
Bringin the Ruger AC556F. Semi-3 round burst-FA.

As for the NFA stuff, because of the "fund raiser" getting canceled at Shooters Shop we would like to take donations to WCCA. Only 1 donation to shoot everything NFA you want + cost of ammo.

I'm thinking of doing the ammo by the magazine or belt. We're not going to make any money on the ammo, and you can bring your own but it must be FMJRN ball ammo no reloads.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Flamethrower
dalesimpson
CrotalusCo "Dan"
DavidK
MGLouie
yfs200 "Kevin"

There's a bar&grill less than 1/2 a mile from the range.  Might be a restaraunt or 2 in town.  For those who don't bring food, we could run down there.  Would probably have to do it in shifts so we don't have to tear down.  

BTW, I call dibs on any unwanted brass!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Flamethrower
dalesimpson
CrotalusCo "Dan"
DavidK
MGLouie
yfs200 "Kevin"

There's a bar&grill less than 1/2 a mile from the range.  Might be a restaraunt or 2 in town.  For those who don't bring food, we could run down there.  Would probably have to do it in shifts so we don't have to tear down.  

Good call on the tavern Kevin.  Maybe that is a better idea instead of cooking at the range?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Flamethrower
dalesimpson
CrotalusCo "Dan"
DavidK
MGLouie
yfs200 "Kevin"
Sprayandpray (9:00amish)

Good call on the tavern Kevin.  Maybe that is a better idea instead of cooking at the range?

Dont know , it is also a park, I think the cookout sounds good (assuming its not -30 and raining with a 40 mph crosswind, I can pitch  in some dogs, buns and a few 12 packs of soda
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Okay.  How about this?  I will bring a grill and some food if the weather forecast is calling for decent weather.  If the weather is going to be shitty I will still bring the grill, but I will probably get my grub from the tavern.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:13:50 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Okay.  How about this?  I will bring a grill and some food if the weather forecast is calling for decent weather.  If the weather is going to be shitty I will still bring the grill, but I will probably get my grub from the tavern.

Sounds good boss.

Louie how much donation ya thinking?

Tavern idea sounds good.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:53:16 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Louie how much donation ya thinking?

Minimum $20, more if you can or think it's worth it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:46:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Plan to be there with about 10-12+ NFA, bring extra money everybody, MGLouis has the scoop
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:01:19 AM EDT
[#34]
So who is officially signing on to this shoot? Please sound off. Copy and paste this section and add your
name. BTW, What is the official start time?

Flamethrower
dalesimpson
CrotalusCo "Dan"
DavidK
MGLouie
yfs200 "Kevin"
MGHenry
Bringin 10 to 12 NFA's

MGHenry, I added you to the list of attendee's
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:51:52 AM EDT
[#35]
I have a small gas grill-coleman and acouple of tanks-small. Can bring quik cooking food.

As for NFA, calibers-223,9mm,45acp,308,8mm,5.7x28,22lr.....fmj...22lr is the 1522 golden bullet for the suppressors
bring extra cash to help pay for ammo
the p90 can get expensive at .40 per round, a 50rnd box of 196 or 197 is about 20.00, and the clip holds 50rnds at about 900rpm
the belt fed shoots 8mm at about 900rpm-MG34
MP5A3 with gemtech suppressor will be along also
ump45,g36k,mac,uzi mic,hk51m16
have more toys for next time
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Thank you for the add on list
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#37]
::: does happy dance ::::: MP5 woohoo I am assuming thats 9mm? Jeesh I am so going to be broke after this. Guess ill have to get more, 300rds for the glock was enough but not for the mp5 :)
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Okay, thanks for the heads up guys, I'll try and ask some questions now so we can address most of the issues:

$20 donation required to shoot all of the weapons, correct? Donate more if you can.

Bring our own ammo? If so, please let us know what MFG to use. I'm only really interested in the Mp5a3 with supressor, UMP45, G36, mac, uzi, and M16.

Could you please list the MFG of ammo I should bring for those, so I can pick it up beforehand. Thanks.

You mention: 22lr is the 1522 golden bullet for the suppressors
bring extra cash to help pay for ammo

What exactly does this mean? What gun is .22? And what ammo do we bring for it? (Sorry, new to NFA ;) )

If you could address some of these that would be great, also when do you plan on showing up?

-David
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:11:42 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
::: does happy dance ::::: MP5 woohoo I am assuming thats 9mm? Jeesh I am so going to be broke after this. Guess ill have to get more, 300rds for the glock was enough but not for the mp5 :)

::: joins in with the happy dance :::  Mp5 is what I am really looking forward too... :)
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#40]
I'll be able to afford the $20 donation and like 2-300 rounds of ammo at most. I am an extremely poor kid ;)

Unless of course you have a .22 FA... :)

Just wanted to say thanks again guys, you're definitely kind in doing this for us, and donating money.

Greatly appreciated.

-David
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#41]
I pulled the stants out of the swamp today. It wooks like I will be bringing 6 along with me. I would think if there are going to be a lot of people there we may need more than 6.  Like I said the stands will accomadate cardboard about 18"X24" Cardboard as a backer and whatever targets people want to staple to them. A few pieces of cardboard for each stand,
If anyone wants to bring more feel free. I am sure we will use them.

I will bring my grill and some charcoal. If guys want to use it they can. I am sure I will be. I will still bring a few burgers and buns.

I May have a few more targets around to bring. I will look and see what I have.

Is anyone interested in shooting trap? I have a nice thrower that I could bring.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Is anyone interested in shooting trap? I have a nice thrower that I could bring.

I'll bring my trap gun just in case. Need to reload some trap rounds anyway.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Flamethrower's post reminded me.  I have about 100 FBI torso type targets that I don't use very often.  I will bring a few so we can set them way out and see how well we do staying within "minute of man" at long distance.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#44]
So who is officially signing on to this shoot? Please sound off. Copy and paste this section and add your
name. BTW, What is the official start time?

Flamethrower
dalesimpson
CrotalusCo "Dan"
DavidK
MGLouie
yfs200 "Kevin"
MGHenry
Bringin 10 to 12 NFA's
Guillotine

i'll be there(some of you may have met me already, if not, i'm flame's nephew)

and flame, you know i'm always up for trap...brad will be too if he comes.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#45]
I have clay pigeons I will bring.  I get them for free at the local range picking up the ones that they miss.  

We might want to keep discussion of the NFAs a little quiet.  I'd hate to have this turn into something along the lines of the fund raiser issue, and have 400 people show up.

If we've got a fairly solid headcount the week before, maybe would could cooridinate who brings what for food.  We got 8 people now, shouldn't be to hard to figure out how much of what to bring.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:50:37 PM EDT
[#46]
DavidK- I will have ammunition to buy. The ammunition is fmj round nose, standard round or military spec. No steel case ammunition please, I have 223 in the steel case because brass 223 is running 200.00 per K, plus some brass. The ammunition will be at cost, not marked up, perhaps less expensive than you can buy in a store due to my dealer price and quantity. No reloads please. You might have some good stuff but I do not want a misfire to damage the guns. The 22lr I will bring, it is fired through a suppressed ruger gov't model and a ruger 10/22 by AWC.
the MP5 is 9mm
we need to keep the shoot under control, and as suggested by another member, to keep this under any radar. A bunch of good old boys enjoying thier toys.
MGLouis has the handle on the donations. I do not want to abuse my toys, we will work out shooting details at the range. There will be alot bullets flying....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#47]
DavidK- I am sure you will shoot lots of rounds. The 22lr is in semi-auto, the 22lr fullautos are tempermental and I do not want to be working on them, so they stay home.
Example- a 30 rnd clip, MP5 9mm-$5.00
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#48]
yfs200- Excellent advice. Smaller group is a good idea and who will bring the JOHNSONVILLE BRATS.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
yfs200- Excellent advice. Smaller group is a good idea and who will bring the JOHNSONVILLE BRATS.

If you want to edit your post up above, go ahead, though the one about ammo is informative.  Those of us that have quote can edit too, and IM any further questions.

We ought to be able to figure out food close enough that everyone can bring something and we'll come out even.  9 people confirmed. 2 dozen brats? Plus buns, condiments, soda, chips, plates.  Louie & Henry, I think we can cover lunch for you guys. :)  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Keep me happy and I got you covered on brats. I understand the no reloads. It hurts. I will live.

I will bring the thrower and a box or 2 of pigeons. Any other pigeons are welcome yfs200.
Guys bring ammo for the shotguns. I don't have a lot of my own as it is.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top