Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 1:06:43 PM EDT
For those of you who said they would go to the shoot but didn't....

You Pussies!

3 of use showed up, and only 2 were arfcomers. We were there about 4 hours. Several hundred rounds each were expanded (I'll have to get a count later when I dump my empty boxes.

Amazingly, I kept quiet warm. Only time I got cold was in my fingers when I had to reload magazines.

I also got to try bumpfire on my AK. First time I've tried that. That was FUN.

We gotta do this again soon!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:03:32 PM EDT
Yeah, it was a good time. Even with just 3 shooters.
I went through almost 800 rds. of 5.56, and a hundred or so 9mm's.
Maybe we should try a FNS v2.0 later.
All was not lost however, I wanted to see how well my AR would function while frozen. It ran without a hiccup. Even though 1 of my mags had a bent lip.
Fun shooting with you rcav8r.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:49:25 PM EDT
Sorry, I had to work. I was looking forward to it, so was my son.

Pussies?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:48:17 AM EDT
Well 2 reasons here.

1. Didnt wake up until 2:45 pm (even with the alarms set to 7am, I work 2nd and usually dont get home until3-4 am)

2. 0 or -2 temps dont usually boter me much, but with winds near 20mph and -20 windchills, well I have the sniffles and dont need to make it worse.

BTW how was teh roads out there?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:13:46 AM EDT
The roads were o.k. The road into the range had about 6" of snow on it. Didn't seem to have ice under it though. I just put the Jeep in 4hi, and walked right through it.
There was very little wind at the range. A light breeze started later in the afternoon, and with the sun beating down actually made it quite comfortable. The other guy who shot with us actually took off some gear because he was getting too warm. I was warm the whole time, and went without gloves for most of the day.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:21:48 PM EDT
I went to the gunshow in Minneapolis.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:22:56 PM EDT
Hey where was our Mod, Tattoo always made no matter what! Was bullet guttin' a cat to make some new snow shoes or digging up dog tooth roots?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:04:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jackgun:
Hey where was our Mod, Tattoo always made no matter what! Was bullet guttin' a cat to make some new snow shoes or digging up dog tooth roots?

With all the asshattery lately, I figured I'd save this for posterity.
Top Top