Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 2:56:45 PM EDT
If you've always wanted to shoot a full-auto, now's your chance!

On Sunday, March 12th, we'll be having a fund-raising shoot at The Shooters Shop in Milwaukee. The shoot will be from 11 am to 4 pm.

Here are the exotic guns we'll have for you to shoot:

M16A2M4 in .223
H&K G36K in .223
MAC10 in .45ACP plus suppressor
MAC10 in 9mm plus suppressor
MAC12 in .380 plus suppressor
Beretta 12 in 9mm
Walther MPK in 9mm
Thompson WH in .45 ACP
H&K MP5 in 9mm+suppressor
H&K UMP45 in .45 ACP
UZI micro pistol in 9mm
FN P90 in 5.7x28

This is a fund-raiser for our political action committee, the WCCM. Every dollar contributed to the WCCM goes to the campaigns of pro-gun candidates. This year we're especially focused on helping out whichever candidate--Mark Green or Scott Walker--wins the Republican primary to run against Governor Doyle.

The contribution to the WCCM to get on the range is $40 per person, and you can shoot any of the guns you want. Because of liability concerns, all ammunition must be purchased from The Shooters Shop on the day of the shoot.

You can shoot as much or as little ammo as you like!

So, not only do you get to shoot some really exotic weaponry, but you'll also be helping to oust one of the most anti-gun governors in the country at the same time!

Directions to The Shooters Shop can be found at http://www.shootersshop.com/contact.html

It would be very helpful if you would pay your contribution by check, as this makes it easier for us to record contributions.

Mark it on your calendar now. It's going to be a blast!

Thanks,
The Wisconsin Concealed Carry Association

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#1]
hmmmmmm................
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like fun!  I'll try to make it!  So $40 dollar entry shoot all you want, just buy their ammo?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
On Sunday, March 12th, we'll be having a fund-raising shoot at The Shooters Shop in Milwaukee. The shoot will be from 11 am to 4 pm.

FN P90 in 5.7x28

Full auto isn't what I'm after, but I've been wanting to handle one of these.  Tag for date.

Are contributions tax deductible?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#4]
It's $40 to shoot any or all of the guns. Of course, there may be a wait to get a particular gun. Ammo is separate.

Contributions to a political action committee are not tax deductible, just as contributions to a political campaign are not tax deductible.

That's why the IRS and the WI Dept. of Revenue have those checkboxes asking if you want to give X number of dollars to taxpayer-funded campaign funds. But why would I want to contribute to a general fund that may be helping a politician I hate, like Doyle? I always check "no."
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds awsome! I'll try to make it. What kind of ammo is going to be for sale. Is it going to be reasonably priced stuff like WWB or Blach Hills Blue, or is it going to be uber expensive stuff? Don't mean to sound cheap but I just got laid off from my job. TIA

Stang
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a road trip from GB is in order.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sounds awsome! I'll try to make it. What kind of ammo is going to be for sale. Is it going to be reasonably priced stuff like WWB or Blach Hills Blue, or is it going to be uber expensive stuff? Don't mean to sound cheap but I just got laid off from my job. TIA

Stang

I call my friend he is the store mgr see what they are changing for ammo hopefully it will be a fair price.

When ever I let anyone shoot my MP5 They shoot my ammo or new store bought I don't even use the dillon 650 to reload anymore I SUPPOSE I should start using it again
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I am going to this, depending on ammo prices, if the ammo is outrageously priced I'll pass otherwise this is a great thing :)

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Kevin, Dale interested in going? :D
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Ammo Prices

Ammo Prices
9mm bx of 50 10.99
S&W 40 bx of 50 14.95
45 ACP bx of 50 14.99
223 frangible bx 0f 50 29.95
5.7 for the P 90 $1.00 per round Limited quantities

The ammo is not priced that bad most mg rental place charge by the magazine.

Hope to see you there
Mark
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Thannks for the ammo price list.
Didn't thnk 5.7 would be THAT expensive. Damn.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:04:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Just got an e-mail from Dick Baker. The event has been cancelled!

Dear fellow gun owner:

Our scheduled March 12th fund-raising submachine gun shoot has received a lot of attention. Unfortunately, not all of that attention has been good.

The potential--and I must emphasize the word "potential"--for our opponents to turn this into an ugly situation has become apparent to me.

While subgun shoots take place all the time, this was first and foremost a political event. As such, we are held to a higher standard.

My intention in organizing the shoot was to let you come and shoot some expensive and exotic guns and have a good time, and not to get you involved in a potentially sticky situation.

Perhaps I'm being overly cautious, but I hope you'll understand that I'm doing so with you in mind.

Therefore, I've decided to cancel the shoot.

If you have already mailed a check to the WCCM for the event, I will return your check to you uncashed.

Because this event has received such wide publicity, I would appreciate it if you would forward this email to everyone you know, and also post it on every internet gun-related site you're aware of. Some people had planned on driving great distances, and I want to make sure they're aware of the cancellation.

I'm sure that this is a disappointment for many of you, and I sincerely apologize. I hope you'll understand and appreciate my intentions and my concerns.

Thanks,
Dick Baker
Treasurer, WCCA, WCCM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top