Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 9:49:01 AM EDT
Heads up for a post in GD, God help 'em if Cav gets on the radio!

link to GD post

The University of Washington's student senate rejected a memorial for alumnus Gregory "Pappy" Boyington of "Black Sheep Squadron" fame amid concerns a military hero who shot down enemy planes was not the right kind of person to represent the school.

Student senator Jill Edwards, according to minutes of the student government's meeting last week, said she "didn't believe a member of the Marine Corps was an example of the sort of person UW wanted to produce."

Ashley Miller, another senator, argued "many monuments at UW already commemorate rich white men."
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Wrong Hometown forum.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Heheheh!

D'oh! Sorry to drag y'all into this nonsense. (slinks away)
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:41:37 AM EDT
[#3]
still just sad though. Stupid ass kids need a history lesson.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:42:56 PM EDT
[#4]
WTF!!!!  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I suppose they would have a different opinion of "Pappy", if he was a  dope smoking, flag burning , pinko cocksuker. You know, your typical Lib.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:43:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
...The University of Washington's student senate rejected a memorial for alumnus Gregory "Pappy" Boyington of "Black Sheep Squadron" fame amid concerns a military hero who shot down enemy planes was not the right kind of person to represent the school.

Student senator Jill Edwards, according to minutes of the student government's meeting last week, said she "didn't believe a member of the Marine Corps was an example of the sort of person UW wanted to produce."

Spyda, don't worry about the forum.  This is a friggen shame, and worthy of attention (and rectification).

It's sadly ironic that this is what I would expect out of our/ UW, not any one else's.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:56:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It's sadly ironic that this is what I would expect out of our/ UW, not any one else's.

Yeah, it sounded 100% believable for our U.

If that's the sentiment of the student body, ya really gotta wonder WTF goes on in those classrooms.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:14:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Thats the norm all across the US. Being an older student at UW-parkside is enough to make me want to take sedatives on a dialy basis. I can easily see that same conversation at out student government meetings. The only place to get a true Liberal education anymore is at a private conservative university.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top