Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/31/2006 7:30:17 AM EDT
Does anybody know where in Wisconsin I could pick up a receiver for a polish underfolder? I think I am finally going to build an AK using a 100% receiver instead of one of my homemade ones. I just don't want to have to pay my FFL $25-$30 to do a transfer on a receiver so I would rather pick one up "locally". By the same token if anybody here has an extra one, I would be happy to take it off your hands.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:06:56 AM EDT
Lumberjacker has one available, but I think it's already been cut for an AMD-style side folder.

Check him out. I could be mistaken about the cut, 'cause I didn't look too closely.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:10:45 AM EDT
Yeah, the one Lumberjacker had at the Oshkosh show was cut for an AMD-65. Hopefully somebody has one.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:49:18 AM EDT
I saw "lock Stock and Barrel" from cross plains at a gun show selling one for $117, IIRC. kinda steep. I wouldn't mind buying a finished Rx for my polish underfolder, but I'm not desperate. I can still bend one of my flats and drill holes for a lot less than that kind of money. More work, yes, but who cares.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:51:54 AM EDT
I have 4 receivers in the basement that I bent myself, but I was thinking that just this one time I would use a "real" receiver. If I can find one, that's great, if not then I will just have to use one of my own. As a matter of fact I am considering having this one built by a professional builder too. I must be getting lazy.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:17:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dalesimpson:
Yeah, the one Lumberjacker had at the Oshkosh show was cut for an AMD-65. Hopefully somebody has one.

That one was on his table at Waukesha last weekend.. I thought about buying it.. I have a AMD-65 kit sitting around doing nothing...
Top Top