Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 2:09:10 PM EDT
Hi, i am looking to build my first kit up. I ordered a Tapco flat, a romanian parts kit, g2 trigger, and an underfolder. I am looking for someone in the area that has experience bending the flat to give me a liitle advice so i dont mess up the thing. I was going to build a jig but figured i would see if anyone in the area has one already made that would rent it or help me bend one up for a small fee.
I started building the jig but figured since i dont know how many i plan on doing it may be more trouble than what its worth. I have a milling machine, press, and bead blaster at work to do a lot of the stuff needed.
If there is any build parties going on in the area let me know if i could join. Pat

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi Pat,

I'm close by - Lake Country Area  I'm your man when it comes to 'parking' that rifle and then 'gunkoting' it.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya know... This might be a damn fine idea. I've been wanting to build an AK up from scratch. I would be "in" if we wanted to might somewhere and have a build party. I've read all the articles on how but lack the hands-on.

First, I'm not an 18 year old, second, I'm right around the corner in Watertown.

Thoughts?

I can hit the SFP show week after next and get what I need for a build.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:10:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm in the same boat,thinking about doing a build but have no experiance.I'm thinking Romy "G" kit for the first attempt.

Anyone around here have some buildexperiance?
I'm in Oconomowoc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top