Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/27/2006 5:04:54 PM EDT
I'm in the process of restoring a USMC M38A1 and have a few small pieces I would like to sandblast.

Does anyone have access to a sandblaster or recommend a decent priced shop. None of the rental places around me have any I can use and the few places that will sandblast my parts want more money than I can afford.

I can buy the media if anyone is willing to give me some time on one.

Av.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:43:45 PM EDT
what size are the parts, and when do you need them done? I have portable you could borrow here shortly it works really well and isnt like anything you can buy local....works off low pressure.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:05:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2006 7:08:13 PM EDT by Avalon01]
Nothing large, seat frames, various latches and cover plates, bolts and screws. I'm wire wheeling all the large parts (fenders, hood, tub) but I'm having a heck of a time with small stuff.

Av.

Edit: my timeline is wide open. If someone is doing me a favor, I'm going to work on their schedule.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:34:25 PM EDT
i just have my own military vehicle project and house construction that they just started. You have a compressor? if so you have a link to the model or its specs?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:01:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rugger:
i just have my own military vehicle project and house construction that they just started. You have a compressor? if so you have a link to the model or its specs?

I have access to a compressor - It's not mine so I don't have the specs. I think it tops out at 120psi, so it should work fine.

Av.
Top Top