Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 3:10:23 PM EDT
Does anyone have the address for the funshow in Fond Du Lac next week? I'm thinking of going but have never been there before.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to www.fdlblueline.com and scoll to the bottom for rink directions.  This rink is a stones throw
from the Expo Center (where the show is ).  You'll see the cars and know when you arrive which building it is in.

Dustdevil out.......
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:41:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Fond du Lac Avenue, Fond du Lac, WI
(920) 929-3169 (message center)
Fond du Lac Area Convention & Visitors Bureau Sales and Service 1-800-937-9123

This is all I could find.  They don't give any street address, but considering it is a fairgrounds it shouldn't be too hard to find once you are on Fond du lac Ave.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:52:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know the address, but here's a map.
The route is painted blue.

From highway 41, exit Main Street (175) North.
Take 175 to 9th street and turn right. (I  believe there is a traffic signal at 175&9th.)
9th will dead end into Fond Du Lac Ave. (The road curves slightly as you hit FDL Ave.)
Make a right onto Fond Du Lac Ave.
The Fond Du Lac fairgrounds are on the right hand side; up just a short way, 1-2 blocks if that.

Turn right into the fairgrounds and drive about 3/4 of a block.
On your left, there will be a big warehouse-looking rectangular building with a mob of cars around it, and people carrying guns all over the place.

You're there. Have fun parking. The lot is usually a mad house. Don't try to hurry anywhere.
Follow everyone in, there's a gun-check where they make sure you're unloaded.
Admission is $3/head.
They have a concession stand (I think it's run by the Lyons club) serving fresh grilled brats that are really good.
We always eat luch at the show.

There's about 400 tables at Fond Du Lac and lots of walkers.
YOU WILL NOT find bulk ammo deals there.
I've talked to the guy that runs the show and he said the bulk ammo vendors all want a bunch of tables for free, as if they're doing him a service by showing up. Neither will budge, so they aren't there. I the past five years, I think I saw one guy selling cases of Wolf, one time.

See ya there, we're probably going on Sat.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]
TJ when are you guys going on Sat?  I got in touch with BtoZ and they are going to bring my new lower. WOOT!  So maybe I will see you there.  I have a few things to do in the morning. I think I will be there around 11ish maybe noon maybe.

Todd
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#5]
We usually aim to get there at 1000, and actually end up getting there 1030~1100.
It takes a couple hours for us to work through the show, 'cause we're regulars and stop to talk to shitload of vendors.

We'll be there when you show up.
We can get lunch there. You eat brats don't you?

Who's coming with you?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help guys!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:52:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I just found out last night that tonight may be my last night of work this week.  If that is the case I will almost certainly be going to the show since I have never been to the FDL show.  Is there some way that we can be assured of meeting up there?  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:40:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
We usually aim to get there at 1000, and actually end up getting there 1030~1100.
It takes a couple hours for us to work through the show, 'cause we're regulars and stop to talk to shitload of vendors.

We'll be there when you show up.
We can get lunch there. You eat brats don't you?

Who's coming with you?

Of course I eat brats. I'm from Wisconsin after all.
That sounds great TJ.

I am bringing my nephew Adam again. Melissa says she wants to stay home. I am going to see if a couple of my other friends want to come. We shall see.

Dale if you come up around the same time we need to hook up. I think I can spot you a mile away.  Seriously, that would be cool if you could make it out. BS, eat some food and look at guns. Maybe I will even entertain you all when I walk over to the large gun vendor. You all know the one I am talking about. Lot's of new guns, all laid out , but don't you dare touch them.  I picked up a Storm at the SF show and opened the bolt. The guy flew over and yelled at me for opening the bolt and gave me a 5 minute lecture about how he does not sell used guns and opening the bolt makes it used. He was also sure to tell me that he was the lowest price in town for everthing he had. Does he not think people shop around??

Anyway Dale Look for me and Adam. I will be wearing my black Carhart coat and I think I will finally cut my hair. I hope you remember what I look like.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Maybe I will even entertain you all when I walk over to the large gun vendor. You all know the one I am talking about. Lot's of new guns, all laid out , but don't you dare touch them.  I picked up a Storm at the SF show and opened the bolt. The guy flew over and yelled at me for opening the bolt and gave me a 5 minute lecture about how he does not sell used guns and opening the bolt makes it used. He was also sure to tell me that he was the lowest price in town for everthing he had. Does he not think people shop around??

If you are refering to the Armalite dealer, he had a new Hbar Colt upper with a float tube for sale when he was in Green Bay last month for ~$650.   He also had a used AR10 for ~$900.  He was blowing out a bunch of Oly stuff too.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe I will even entertain you all when I walk over to the large gun vendor. You all know the one I am talking about. Lot's of new guns, all laid out , but don't you dare touch them.  I picked up a Storm at the SF show and opened the bolt. The guy flew over and yelled at me for opening the bolt and gave me a 5 minute lecture about how he does not sell used guns and opening the bolt makes it used. He was also sure to tell me that he was the lowest price in town for everthing he had. Does he not think people shop around??

If you are refering to the Armalite dealer, he had a new Hbar Colt upper with a float tube for sale when he was in Green Bay last month for ~$650.   He also had a used AR10 for ~$900.  He was blowing out a bunch of Oly stuff too.  

If the Armalite dealer you are refering to it Tom's Guns, he want WAY too much for his "Rare" guns.  A few of the signs on his tables:  

"Eagle Arms lowers. Hard to get due to Military Contract!"

"RARE Armalite prototype! 1 of 3 made!!"      It's an AR carbine with an ACOG and Beta mag.

"Armalite AR-50, $3500!! Hard to get due to military contract!!"
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#11]
He is marking up AR10 mags over list because of a "Shortage due to military contracts"
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

If you really want to have some fun with him (Tom from Tom's Guns) tell him you are with JPFO and are looking for donations, or start talking politics with him... (He's a neo-nazi)
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Where was "toms guns" located? I bought a Taurus 145 from "Toms Military arms and gun shop". They were located along the back wall with all the handguns under glass and low prices. I didn't see many "don't touch or else" signs, just the usual "ask first" ones at the show.

There was one gun that said "you touch it, you bought it", $1295.00, I think

I also picked up a garand. I paid more than CMP, but it was clean, good bore, and new stock. I plan to SHOOT this thing, not collect it!

I'll be picking up the taurus at J'ville.

I was tempted to buy one of the century underfolder AK's, but not tempted enough at those prices (549.00 was the lowest I saw). One dealer was showing his that he'd just bought for himself from a distributor (400 dealer price, and about $50.00 markup he claimed).

John
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:01:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey 91101, who the heck is Tom from Tom's guns?
I didn't see any nazis.

I'm familiar with most of the vendors.
Where was he? How do they set up their tables? Anything you can think of that would make him stand out in my mind?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hey 91101, who the heck is Tom from Tom's guns?
I didn't see any nazis.
I'm familiar with most of the vendors.
Where was he? How do they set up their tables? Anything you can think of that would make him stand out in my mind?
Thanks.

He was up against the wall across from the entrance, he keeps his pistols in display cases with the glass lids proped up so ya cant touch them, he's big into AR10's, he's missing a thumb on one hand and the thumb and index finger on the other... His wife is real nice but he's an a-hole.. I'm sure you know him he's at ALL of the shows

P.S. Remind me the next time I see ya to buy you lunch... I sold the KelTec and made $50 on it...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Where was "toms guns" located? I bought a Taurus 145 from "Toms Military arms and gun shop". They were located along the back wall with all the handguns under glass and low prices. I didn't see many "don't touch or else" signs, just the usual "ask first" ones at the show.

There was one gun that said "you touch it, you bought it", $1295.00, I think

I also picked up a garand. I paid more than CMP, but it was clean, good bore, and new stock. I plan to SHOOT this thing, not collect it!

I'll be picking up the taurus at J'ville.

I was tempted to buy one of the century underfolder AK's, but not tempted enough at those prices (549.00 was the lowest I saw). One dealer was showing his that he'd just bought for himself from a distributor (400 dealer price, and about $50.00 markup he claimed).

John

Tom's Military Arms and Gun Shop = Tom's Guns... Sorry... I'm just used to calling it Tom's Guns....
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#17]
There is/was a used EOTech 511 there today for ~$239 and some complete Eagle .223's for cheap.  Tom still has the Colt upper he had in GB.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:03:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
He was up against the wall across from the entrance, he keeps his pistols in display cases with the glass lids proped up so ya cant touch them, he's big into AR10's, he's missing a thumb on one hand and the thumb and index finger on the other... His wife is real nice but he's an a-hole.. I'm sure you know him he's at ALL of the shows

Aaaaahhhhhh ....  okay.
I know exactly who you're talking about.
If you wanna fuck with him, ask to see a gun, nod along with whatever he tells you, then drop the mag on the floor and work the action a few times.
He'll crap his pants.

I've never talked with him any. His wife is a sweetheart. My wife chats with her at every friggin show.

Deduct half of the keltec profit from the price on my Cetme.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Aaaaahhhhhh ....  okay.
If you wanna fuck with him, ask to see a gun, nod along with whatever he tells you, then drop the mag on the floor and work the action a few times.
He'll crap his pants.

Been there done that..

I've never talked with him any. His wife is a sweetheart. My wife chats with her at every friggin show.

I told ya that I'd wait for ya to try to get the $300 out of it... But NO you had to be nice to me right then and there...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Aaaaahhhhhh ....  okay.
He'll crap his pants.

Been there done that..

I told ya that I'd wait for ya to try to get the $300 out of it... But NO you had to be nice to me right then and there...

I personally would have given you $300 for your CETME.  I wish I had gotten to go today.  But I worked last night and was dog tired this morning.
Would it be worth my time to go tomorrow?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:39:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I personally would have given you $300 for your CETME.  I wish I had gotten to go today.  But I worked last night and was dog tired this morning.
Would it be worth my time to go tomorrow?

Dale,
Actually the CETME is mine but TJ wants it... I bought a KelTec P40 from him today for $250 and turned it around for $300...

The show was a zoo today.. I'm thinking about going again Sunday but I'm not sure untill I get up in the am... As far as if it's worth your time or not, I don't know what your time is worth so I can't answer that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:33:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Tom may be a little out there, his wife is cool as hell, and his daughter is a major friggin hottie!
Go figure....

Visit his shop and you will understand his depth of neo-nazi'ism
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:27:36 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Tom may be a little out there, his wife is cool as hell, and his daughter is a major friggin hottie!
Go figure....

This thread has officialy become worthless without pics.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:48:33 AM EDT
[#24]
You kidding me? I don't wanna piss off a Neo-Nazi with hundreds of guns and God knows what else by taking a picture of his daughter and posting here.

Let's just say she is a strong 8 on a 10 scale.

She has worked a few shows with him, so y'all might have seen her before...blonde, blue eyed, 5'8"
killer smile.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Go figure....

+1 on the "out there" and the "friggin hottie"...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top