BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hi guys, I am from Illinois but would like to attend your shoot if you don't mind. I can bring some Beer and some Brats also! Would it be ok for me to attend? I spend every weekend Montello Wisconsin and am fairly close to the "Dells" where you guys want to have the shoot. I am also a member of the Montello Rod and Gun Club.

Cubs fan?
Sox fan?

Link Posted: 8/3/2004 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#2]
- wrong sport -
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 6:33:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hi guys, I am from Illinois but would like to attend your shoot if you don't mind. I can bring some Beer and some Brats also! Would it be ok for me to attend? I spend every weekend Montello Wisconsin and am fairly close to the "Dells" where you guys want to have the shoot. I am also a member of the Montello Rod and Gun Club.

Cubs fan?
Sox fan?

www.scorebook.com/ug/000005198.jpg

Ok I don't mind if he comes than. (of course I don;t even know if I can make it yet)
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 1:26:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 11:37:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool cuz I'm still working on getting an AK befroe the shoot.  If I can't get it in time I hope you guys wouldn't mind if I just show up to hang out and learn a few things and make a few friends.  [
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 8:04:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Sweet! Really appreciate it guys :) and again any special beer requests? and whats a good brand of ammo for .223? I was just gonna use wolf in my AK. And if anyone could e-mail me and kind of give me an idea of how things are run. I hear about  open breaches and indicators?  Are these like a block or something I saw at the gun show? I saw a feeder that will lock the breach open on an AK when the clip is done. Or it this something that I pull it open and slip in to lock it open? h
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 2:12:33 AM EDT
[#8]
All I ask is that nobody shoots me...once in a year is more than enough.  

OsirisX, most guys will let you run a mag through just about anything if you simply ask...  
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 5:55:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Osirisx
I have no problem with you running a few mags thru what I bring. If you want to shoot more than a few mags bring some ammo not reload stuff but likw winchester white box for 9mm, cheap and you get 100rds for like 11.00. Either way just look for me and you have your choice as to what you want to shoot.

Batch114
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 7:30:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey Batch just got a call from Isaac he said ya'll were going out to the club today, what time are you going to be there at/till. I'm going to do some tweeking on the AR so I'll be out there around 3:30-4:00.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#11]
We are going to be there around 2-2:30 call my cell. I left you a few im's and emails.

Batch114
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey I'm gonna bring my Digi 8 Camera and film some stuff too, I'm learning how to do a little video editing. And as soon as I can get a Video capture that can work with my Camera I'll try to put something together. Now all I'm working on is finding a sitter so I camp overnight( y wife works sundays )
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Dave, if you still need a ride up, you can come with me.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 4:31:54 PM EDT
[#14]
So has the location been finalized?
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 10:32:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Dave, if you still need a ride up, you can come with me.

Ok, I'm in...

Would have been a long M/C ride otherwise...

Link Posted: 8/9/2004 7:14:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Is there going to be anything to set up silhouettes/paper on?
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I planned on making the trek down "South" for the shoot.  Alas, my Mother is having hip surgery and I will be unable to make it  Was really hoping to meet some of you guys and take out some of my frustrations from working with the public on the targets with my 458 SOCOM  Hope all of you have a fantastic weekend.  Perhaps next time.

Cheers,
Dave
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is there going to be anything to set up silhouettes/paper on?

i dont have any thing yet but im open to ideas
i might sink a few 2x4's in for a target stand

I could probably bring some plywood to set up some shotty stands...
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 11:55:50 AM EDT
[#21]
So is there a difinative date, time, and location now? The boss is back and I put in to get the time off but it's not looking good as it seems somone has a problem working saturdays, so I seem to be getting stuck with them they need to get this shit fixed I want my damn 4 day weekends back!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 8:42:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Can we shoot metal targets?  I've also got one of those plastic carboard holder things that I can bring (never used it before, so I'm not too sure how good it'll work).
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 12:34:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:12:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can we shoot metal targets?  I've also got one of those plastic carboard holder things that I can bring (never used it before, so I'm not too sure how good it'll work).

metal? does the pope wear a funny hat?
bring what ever you want other then glass..just make sure you pick up as much as ya cna when the day is done

...and the wooden stands will always BURN!  
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Tatoo,

Are we good to go?  Is anyone bringing an AR with a NM RR TUNED trigger?    
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Ray,
    Will be there Saturday afternoon or early Sunday. Hope I don't miss to much action if I don't make it till Sunday. Just wondered if you can bump a Beta Mag. Might bring one for Bumping lessons. Will you please post directions when all finalized. Thanks ( 4weelin )
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:18:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#32]
I should make it on Sat morning about 9-10...working 3rd shift the night before...
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 10:37:26 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm on. LMK what you need.

I have some steel discs welded to some "T" fence posts we can drive into the ground,and pull up after.
BulletcatchR
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 3:05:28 AM EDT
[#34]
TATOO.. IM me directions. What do we need to contribute to cover the cost of a port-a-shitter?
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 4:31:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Would like directions also. Will there be a 200yd + set up? I want to get my .300wm sighted in completely. Also what about pistol/shotgun and such? Will there be benches/tables? Is it bring your own targets? Paper plates suffice then?
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 5:55:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 5:56:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 6:08:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#40]
I can make more gongs to bring, can't do much on the clay pigeons part though (no shotgun, no pigeon stuff).
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 9:02:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 3:04:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 5:14:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Thanks for the email Tatoo, and Hello all!

Loooong time lurker and first-time poster here.

My wife and I may be able to come up for Sat &/or Sun from Milwaukee.

We've gotta figure out what we'll do with our dogs, and the SO really wants to see the Violent Femmes concert in Milwaukee on Friday night.

Anybody else bringing their wives or girlfriends with (The wife wants to know)?  Dunno if she'll be interested if she's the only female there.

Im seriously trying to get the wife to interested in AR's and Ak's; so if I've got the ammo, would one of you gentlemen want to instruct the wife on what we should be looking for?

I've found that the best way to get her interested in a new gun is to have her fire it and get comfortable with it's operation.

Also, I've got an ancient case of clay pigeons that I can haul outta the basement, but no thrower.

I really need to sight in my Mini-30 and HK, but can also bring along some other (non-AR or AK)stuff.

-FMD
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Tatoo - thanks for putting this together.  I got the directions and checked the map - should be easy to find.  

I should be coming up Saterday morning from Kenosha.  My wife is thinking about coming up with me and we would camp out for Sat night to Sun.  She is really hoping you get that Porta-Potie, Tatoo  

My wife would be learning to shoot if she comes with.  I used to shoot before we were married and I've just gotten back into shooting this past year.  So, I haven't yet been able to get her out for her first shoot.  Anybody willing to help out with some instruction would be very much appreciated.

Also: I'm thinking of picking up a 10/22 soon, so if anyone has one, I'd appreciate it if I could try one out (I'd supply ammo, of course).

And: See you all soon!
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm not the greatest teacher in the world, but I'll help as I can to anyone who want's my advice.

"Beware free advice"  
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 4:25:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Well I'm fucked for saturday, asked off and didn't get it. I'm still hoping there is  chance I'll have sunday off, I got a week to lobby for it.....

Damn this shit is really pissing me off. Tell me I got to work everyother weekend cuz it;s not fair that somone has to work everyweekend now all of a sudden I'm working every fucking Saturday.....
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 6:52:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Drawcut,

Please bring your wife along (that goes for everyone else's SO as well).  My wife could use the company, and has been shooting rifles since she was a kid.  The thing to remember about women is that they really take to instruction well (they don't just want to know how to empty a mag in the general direction of the target like a lot of guys do hooters
I'm certian my wife would be willing to help out in the teaching dept.  5.56 and 7.62x39 are both great rifle calibers for her to learn with.  This being an AR forum, I know there'll be no shortage of .223, and we'll be bringing a Mini-30 and SKS (we'll also bring out the 10/22 for her to start with, and so that you can get a feel for it). For an introduction to pistols, the smallest we've got is a 9x18 Makarov, but it IS possible for a woman to learn with .45ACP (my wife did).  We'll have a few of them also.

If you're coming up from Kenosha, maybe we can meet for breakfast (we're in Waukesha, IM me for a phone#).  Heck, maybe we (that is anybody from SE WI coming up on Sat) should all get together for breakfast.

-FMD
[edited to correct the spelling of my home townhinking.gif]
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 11:28:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Photoman - sorry to hear about Sat. maybe you can make Sun?  I've been there with the work jacking you around thing.

I talked to my wife last night, and she's definitely going.  She's looking forward to it.

The main reason I ask if anyone can help with instruction is that sometimes it's easier to take constructive critisism if it's not coming from your husband (or wife for that matter).

FMD - My wife and I are not morning people generally, so we probably shouldn't try for a breakfast meet.  Our leaving time is going to have to be flexible (depending on what time we wake up  ).  But thanks for the invite.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 11:44:25 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Photoman - sorry to hear about Sat. maybe you can make Sun?  I've been there with the work jacking you around thing.

I talked to my wife last night, and she's definitely going.  She's looking forward to it.

The main reason I ask if anyone can help with instruction is that sometimes it's easier to take constructive critisism if it's not coming from your husband (or wife for that matter).

FMD - My wife and I are not morning people generally, so we probably shouldn't try for a breakfast meet.  Our leaving time is going to have to be flexible (depending on what time we wake up  ).  But thanks for the invite.

I'm going to try and make it sunday, I'm going lobby the boss to make sure I got sunday off and try and pull a trade with somone for saturday. It just really pisses me off cuz the person they moved up to take the position said they couldn't work saturdays unless they had advance notice. I think telling somone they will have to work every other weekend is enough notice. I started having to work every other weekend because it was deemed unfair for someone to have to work every weekend(even thoguh the guy was hired for weekends). Now I'm working evey saturday. I hate this two days off, work a day, have two days off shit. It makes it a bitch to try and get out for a fun weekend. I could ahve went up to visit my grandmother and done some fishing this weekend.

Well with any luck I'll be there sunday....

Link Posted: 8/14/2004 4:24:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Tattoo
I did not receive the E-mail with directions... Please resend.
[email protected]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top