Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/11/2003 11:45:42 AM EDT
An email update from Dick Baker said there was a voice vote in the Senate, passing the bill with the Assembly amendments.

Doyle has 7 days to veto this. That's when the real fight will begin....

Corey
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 12:31:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/11/2003 12:31:46 PM EDT by ARndog]
What were the assembly amendments again? I'm sure it was watered down even more, but in what way(s)?
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 1:13:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/11/2003 1:16:02 PM EDT by Red_Beard]

Originally Posted By ARndog:
What were the assembly amendments again? I'm sure it was watered down even more, but in what way(s)?

the one that i remember that really pissed me off is that they made restaurants that serve beer off limits

every restaurant i like serves beer

i guess the big deal is getting it passed

we can fight to undo the watering down later
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 5:51:22 PM EDT
Ammendments:

A) No carry in health care facilities

B) No carry anywhere that has a liquor license

They defeated an attempt to make carry-where-prohibited a FELONY... As it stands, it's a minor civil offense (like a traffic ticket)...

A gazillion other ammendments were defeated...

Now the fight for 2-MORE-VOTES is on...
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 5:59:03 PM EDT
what are the consequences of ignroing the "no carry where beer is served" amendment?

would my permit get yanked on one offence?

if not, and it's really like a ticket, then i plan on ignoring that one. i figure the only time i'll be "outed" is if i have to use it, and then ... who cares.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 9:36:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Red_Beard:
what are the consequences of ignroing the "no carry where beer is served" amendment?

if not, and it's really like a ticket, then i plan on ignoring that one. i figure the only time i'll be "outed" is if i have to use it, and then ... who cares.

Not even a misdemeanor, IIRC... 'Civil Offense' like speeding or not shoveling snow...
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 4:18:06 AM EDT
excellent

does that apply to carrying in places that have posted signs ordering you not to?
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 4:21:33 AM EDT
Same thing, only they have to tell you as well that you can't have a gun.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 4:17:03 PM EDT
aha

life is good

if this passes, i'll be able to carry to almost all of the places i regularly go while risking only the equivalent of a traffic ticket and getting fired from my job (assuming my company puts a "no guns" policy in place)

Link Posted: 11/14/2003 10:33:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dave_A:

Originally Posted By Red_Beard:

Not even a misdemeanor, IIRC... 'Civil Offense' like speeding or not shoveling snow...

Cool.
Top Top