Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/5/2003 8:54:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/5/2003 8:55:33 AM EDT by ARndog]
I saw a recent news broadcast that stated individual counties would have the decision whether or not to issue concealed carry permits to residents. (channel 5 out of Green Bay)

Is this accurate? I was under the impression that WI would have shall issue; has this changed?

In the broadcast they also stated that it would cost the state a lot of money to issue the permits--and that $113 would not cover it.

Isn't that why the fee was raised from about $75 to $113; to cover the cost?

My initial reaction was to raise the BS flag; however, some confirmation/more info would help.

Thanks, Arndog
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 11:43:40 AM EDT
My understanding was that counties could op out through a vote or something by the county board to issue CCW permits but that residents could jkust go to anyother county and apply for them. It's still shall issue.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:18:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/6/2003 6:18:56 AM EDT by ARndog]

Originally Posted By photoman:
My understanding was that counties could op out through a vote or something by the county board to issue CCW permits but that residents could jkust go to anyother county and apply for them. It's still shall issue.

That's what I figured. Shall issue in some counties with state-wide recognition is better than may issue in all counties.
Top Top