Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2003 7:49:11 PM EDT
Since everyone seems to want to have a group activity (myself included), lets make a plan to have as many of us as possible show up to shoot the three gun steel match at the Daniel Boone Conservation Club.  The last match of the year is Sunday, December 7th.  Sign up starts at 0900.  The match runs from 0900 until 1500 on a first in, first out basis.  Let's all plan on being there at 0900 so we can still watch the Packer game.  I shot this match a couple weeks ago and it is great fun.  Who's in?  If we have enough people, perhaps they will let us use the clubhouse to socialize and watch the game.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Since everyone seems to want to have a group activity (myself included), lets make a plan to have as many of us as possible show up to shoot the three gun steel match at the Daniel Boone Conservation Club.  The last match of the year is Sunday, December 7th.  Sign up starts at 0900.  The match runs from 0900 until 1500 on a first in, first out basis.  Let's all plan on being there at 0900 so we can still watch the Packer game.  I shot this match a couple weeks ago and it is great fun.  Who's in?  If we have enough people, perhaps they will let us use the clubhouse to socialize and watch the game.

Isn't that place members-only???

Also, what kind of guns would be needed...

Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun, right???

I'm interested, if anyone has a 12GA (pref autoloader, pump will do) for me to borrow (I have no shotguns)...
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 10:31:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm interested, if anyone has a 12GA (pref autoloader, pump will do) for me to borrow (I have no shotguns)...

Dave,

I would be happy to let you shoot my Rem 1100.  Just bring a few boxes of 2 3/4" slugs and buckshot.  The course of fire calls for pistol, shotgun, and rifle.  Rifle stages are 100 yards offhand and prone, 200 yards prone.  

I shot last time with my 16" light and suffered from CHS.  I will be bringing my 20" match barrel AR with scope for the next one.  You are welcome to shoot that to and just bring your Beretta.  My 20" is zeroed for 55grn M193.

Geoff
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#3]
hey Geoff, you forgot to invite your pal from Ohio!!!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#4]
That's an excellent idea, and I'll be there with a spare 20" 870, Glock G34, and M4 for anyone light on gear. Joe runs a safe, fun match and reshoots are possible depending on the turnout.
The previous day, Dec 6 is a 200yd, Garand/Springfield bolt match at Racine for anyone interested.  We held a Garand match yesterday at Racine and there were 3 AR M4 types there with optics...they did quite well.
Anyway, if anyone wants to get together before Dec and get something going at their club, let me know.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dave,

I would be happy to let you shoot my Rem 1100.  Just bring a few boxes of 2 3/4" slugs and buckshot.  The course of fire calls for pistol, shotgun, and rifle.  Rifle stages are 100 yards offhand and prone, 200 yards prone.  

I shot last time with my 16" light and suffered from CHS.  I will be bringing my 20" match barrel AR with scope for the next one.  You are welcome to shoot that to and just bring your Beretta.  My 20" is zeroed for 55grn M193.

Geoff

Interesting, I've got a few possibilities for the rifle stage (SAR-1 with Kobra red-dot, 20" A2 irons-only. I take it this is rapid-fire, so a bolt-action (10FP, .308, scope) wouldn't be usable, right?)...

I'll be there, though... The loaner SG will complete the set...
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Balistik: Sounds interesting too...

I assume since the AR guys showed up that a WWII weapon isn't *mandatory*... I'll have my 10FP ready by then...
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 8:53:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
hey Geoff, you forgot to invite your pal from Ohio!!!!

Pack your gear and get there!  You are always invited!  
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dave,

Geoff

Interesting, I've got a few possibilities for the rifle stage (SAR-1 with Kobra red-dot, 20" A2 irons-only. I take it this is rapid-fire, so a bolt-action (10FP, .308, scope) wouldn't be usable, right?)...

I'll be there, though... The loaner SG will complete the set...

You have 30 seconds and unlimited rounds to hit 5 plates.  Any rifle is fine.  

Hey, looks like we might get a group going!  If we can start to firm up some numbers, I will email the club and see about using the clubhouse.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You have 30 seconds and unlimited rounds to hit 5 plates.  Any rifle is fine.  

Well, That makes it interesting...

I just might bring the Savage, then (If I'm good enough to hit on the first shot, since I'd only have one per. I'll find this out after I get it set up... Deer sight-ins improve the rifle range climate around here ($5/gun, open to public), so I may actually get some time in)...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top