Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2003 10:41:53 PM EDT
not sure i heard this right but i think i heard on the news there's a $400 bounty for cwd positive deer this season.

Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:39:26 AM EDT
[#1]

A total of $250,000 will be used to pay $200 bounties to hunters who kill a deer in the zones that tests positive for chronic wasting disease, and $200 to those who own the land where the diseased deer was killed, said DNR Secretary Scott Hassett. Landowners who kill an infected deer on their own property will receive $400.

www.jsonline.com/news/state/sep03/170852.asp
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#2]
According to the MJS, there's also a $20 bounty for any healthy deer shot in the CWD eradication-zone...

Were you thinking of organizing a WI ARFCOM bounty hunt?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:17:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
According to the MJS, there's also a $20 bounty for any healthy deer shot in the CWD eradication-zone...

Count me in.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:03:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

HEy I'm down for that!
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never been deer hunting before, although I'd like to learn... I'll probably take the DNR HSC this year before November, so if anyone wants to do the above (who knows a thing or two about deer hunting, and who knows someone/has access to land in the EZ), I'd be interested in my own idea (of course)...
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Let me know if you want to get rid of any deer that you shoot!
I am not worried about all of that cwd hype.
I already have CWD(chronically wasting deer).
And, I find them delicious!
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#7]
does a hunter saftey course from another state transfer to wisconsin?
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#8]
it should.

Quoted:
does a hunter saftey course from another state transfer to wisconsin?

Link Posted: 10/24/2003 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#9]
i took my hunters ed in duluth mn at the vfw.  i got a cert card.  whenever i buy a huntng license it never shows up on the license...so i only buy em from gas stations where the clerks don't know any better anyway.  the cutoff is in the early 70's sometime.  sometimes i carry the card with my license.  

if you don't have a hunters ed card just go to a gas station for your license.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I got skunked today. I let a little fawn go; I figured it was worth more as a live decoy than anything. Too warm this morning, anyhow.

Tomorrow is another day. And so on until January. I've got to get my mind around varmint shooting again. Big brown varmints.

I really like my ARs- but I love my  Marlin 30-30. 130 grain flatpoints at 2600 fps... can you hear me now?

Pete

mt. horeb area
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top