Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:10:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Gonna spend the day in the G-town ICU today.

I'll let you all know how it looks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:49:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks ecgRN, looking forward to it.    We have been mostly spared from the Wuflu here in GJ, other than the usual financial ruin from closing most businesses.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:01:21 AM EDT
[#3]
13 at PVH, varying states of sick....some really bad, some getting extubated soon...hopefully.

Greeley down to 7 in their 11 bed ICU. All of them sick and tubed.

We'll have to see how this JBL thing goes.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#4]
So, Weld County.

Pretty bad numbers and a quick reopening planned anyway.  Any locals have an idea about all this?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:18:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got back from G-town.

Hospital is full of covidia. Only 7 intubated, but 25+ positives. If they need tubing, they go to MCR or PVH (mostly PVH).

I don't know why they are opening until this JBL thing gets under wraps. Greeley is a hot bed of sickness.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have mixed feelings about this. If proper precautions are taken, the economy can be relit safely, however from my excursions into the "wild" as of late, I don't think most people know how or care enough to protect themselves and others sufficiently.
View Quote

It’s only five days earlier than the EO expiration iirc.

The entire state is allowed to reopen all businesses by the 4th of May with “proper” safeguards in place.

The economy needs to reopen. People are going to die and that sucks but people die every day and life goes on.

We could save tens of thousands of lives every year by permanently shutting down parts of daily life but we don’t because we accept, as a society, that people are going to die and we decide its worth it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 10:23:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the update ecg.   I’m in a bubble out here.  Or a tipi.

Playing with the locally made tent.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 10:20:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got back from covidville.

Weld county will be a hot spot soon. It'll overflow into Larimer (as in transferring patients).

Might not be a swell idea to open way back up Monday.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:44:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Weld county will be a hot spot soon. It'll overflow into Larimer (as in transferring patients).

View Quote

We have so few cases in grand jct it is like a non event.  Then 100 miles up the road in Eagle county, hammer time.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can you elaborate on that?
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#11]
More positive cases showing up in (Greeley) ERs. More inpatient beds needed, some ICU. Greeley ICU is full, overflow coming here (PVH).

The number of positive cases in Weld is going to grow, and based on what I've seen, the number of ICU cases will too.

Some of these people have been on a vent a loooong time. Some are buying traches.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#12]
ecg, are these pts older and/or some pre-existing med condition?
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:54:05 AM EDT
[#13]
A little of both. There have also been a few healthy youngsters (35-50)
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks, mostly worried about my wife.  Older and asthma.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Even though I sit in on my local county (western slope) EOC call in meetings I don’t have much to report.  It sounds like mostly the medical folks sharing nowadays, as opposed to public safety, schools, etc.  On the Med side, it sounds like they’re still working towards being ready for “the surge”.  

Im seeing a huge increase in the numbers of people camping and getting out hiking, 4 wheeling and mountain biking.  2 weeks ago I was all for it - what better way for people to exercise and maintain social distancing.  After this weekend, I’m not so sure.  Our local trails and camping areas are getting trashed .  I extinguished almost a half dozen fires that dimwits had left smoldering.  Lots of folks coming down from the mountain towns and a ton of people displaced by the Moab closures.  

Link Posted: 4/27/2020 6:22:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I’ve seen the same between GJ and the Utah border. Many from ski country.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
More positive cases showing up in (Greeley) ERs. More inpatient beds needed, some ICU. Greeley ICU is full, overflow coming here (PVH).

The number of positive cases in Weld is going to grow, and based on what I've seen, the number of ICU cases will too.

Some of these people have been on a vent a loooong time. Some are buying traches.
View Quote

@ecgRN

I heard that most of the deaths in Weld were nursing home residents.  Do you know if that's true?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:15:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I haven't been tracking Broomfield, but apparently things ...

Broomfield Public Health director says virus trajectory heading in wrong direction
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:31:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Not just nursing homes.

New positive people are showing up in the ED daily. Some are mildly ill, while others go straight to the ICU.

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
Not just nursing homes. 

New positive people are showing up in the ED daily. Some are mildly ill, while others go straight to the ICU.

View Quote

Thank you for the updates.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#21]
My family showed the signs of it this last weekend.  Fever, muscle ache, lack of energy, sore throat, some GI issues.  The temps never really went over 100 for anyone, and everyone is doing fine now.  I figure we are some of the population who has gotten it and had minimal reaction to asymptomatic.  I wouldn't even have known my daughter had anything since she was happy as a clam if I hadn't checked her temp because she needed to get it checked when she saw us checking ours.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:58:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By tmleadr03:
My family showed the signs of it this last weekend.  Fever, muscle ache, lack of energy, sore throat, some GI issues.  The temps never really went over 100 for anyone, and everyone is doing fine now.  I figure we are some of the population who has gotten it and had minimal reaction to asymptomatic.  I wouldn't even have known my daughter had anything since she was happy as a clam if I hadn't checked her temp because she needed to get it checked when she saw us checking ours.
View Quote

Do you suspect where the transmission occurred - and if you are in a small town then contact tracing through the county health folks may benefit others.    contact tracing example

There are free drive-up testing places popping up on the front range too.

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:16:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By uncle_big_green:

@ecgRN

I heard that most of the deaths in Weld were nursing home residents.  Do you know if that's true?

Thanks.
View Quote

As of 4/29 there were 27 confirmed COVID-19 deaths, in nursing homes in Weld county.  Total deaths in Weld county were at 93 on that date, so that's about 29%.  Here is the link that tracks those stats:

Outbreaks in Colorado's nursing homes, prisons, meat packing plants, etc.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#25]
If someone needs a bit more detail on Weld County data, try https://www.weldgov.com/departments/health_and_environment/2019_novel_coronavirus/covid19_data

The Denver Channel is reporting that the biggest outbreaks are at JBS and the Sterling Correctional Facility.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Do you suspect where the transmission occurred - and if you are in a small town then contact tracing through the county health folks may benefit others.    contact tracing example

There are free drive-up testing places popping up on the front range too.

View Quote

Grocery store most likely since that is one of the few places I go with others around.  I am in the Denver Metro.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By tmleadr03:

Grocery store most likely since that is one of the few places I go with others around.  I am in the Denver Metro.
View Quote

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/04/26/coronavirus-testing-colorado-king-soopers-covid-19/
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#28]

We are just assuming we got it.  Mild symptom and asymptomatic issues is all.  I am taking precautions to keep the spread with just us.  I am working but no one is allowed in my shop.  Drop the car off, leave the key and I will deal with the vehicle and then call you and take payment over the phone.  Car gets disinfected before it leaves.  It is actually making my life easier I think since I really don't like dealing with people that much.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By vim:
If someone needs a bit more detail on Weld County data, try https://www.weldgov.com/departments/health_and_environment/2019_novel_coronavirus/covid19_data

The Denver Channel is reporting that the biggest outbreaks are at JBS and the Sterling Correctional Facility.
View Quote

Great, so when are they going to release all the prisoners from Sterling?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By PointBlank82:

Great, so when are they going to release all the prisoners from Sterling?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PointBlank82:
If someone needs a bit more detail on Weld County data, try https://www.weldgov.com/departments/health_and_environment/2019_novel_coronavirus/covid19_data

The Denver Channel is reporting that the biggest outbreaks are at JBS and the Sterling Correctional Facility.

Great, so when are they going to release all the prisoners from Sterling?

Hopefully on a day with strong enough winds that it carries them out of state.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 6:13:47 PM EDT
[#31]
This opinion piece of Polis's published yesterday is worth reading.  Like him or not, he sets policy, and it's good to know how he's seeing things.

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/04/29/polis-colorado-safer-at-home-coronavirus-covid/
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:49:54 PM EDT
[#32]
This opinion piece of Polis's published yesterday is worth reading.  Like him or not, he sets policy, and it's good to know how he's seeing things.

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/04/29/polis-colorado-safer-at-home-coronavirus-covid/
View Quote

Compared to other D-guvnors he has been very surprisingly benign.   I would have expected much worse from that half-a-fag Hickenlooper

That said, I have no doubt that Polis would sign a shoot-on-sight order for conservatives in a heartbeat
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By thedave1164:
@ecgRN

What is the treatment being prescribed for COVID-19?
View Quote

Plaquenil was used at first, with out major results. Now it's just pressure support on the vent and broad spectrum ABX.

Covid is strange. The lungs don't "harden" like with ARDS, but they sure as heck dont exchange gases well.

Seeing a lot of clotting issues with Covid as well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#34]
I’m glad to see the front line updates from ecgRN, but I have to stay clear of the internet for a few.  This thing is really getting me down, and I’m healthy.  Stay frosty all.     I picked a bad time to quit Copenhagen for sure.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 7:45:36 PM EDT
[#35]
This opinion piece of Polis's published yesterday is worth reading.  Like him or not, he sets policy, and it's good to know how he's seeing things.

View All Quotes

Fuck him.

He's still scare mongering and setting the stage for denying us our civil rights.

Before the stay-at-home order, new coronavirus cases in Colorado were growing at a staggering 66% rate, threatening our hospital capacity and under scientific models, potentially leading to over 30,000 deaths of our friends, neighbors, and loved ones here in our state.

So a state with less than 2% of the country's population was going to account for 50% of it's deaths?

The brutal, honest truth is that we will likely need to maintain some level of distancing in our society and continue to wear facial coverings in public until there’s a cure or a vaccine for COVID-19.

This guy is out of his fucking mind if he thinks Americans are going to wear masks for the next 12+ months and what happens if we don't come up with a vaccine?

But we can’t just turn things on and off like a light switch.

Pretty rich considering the speed and ease they shut down the majority of the economy in a matter of days.

We all need to continue to take this seriously and do right by our fellow Coloradans. If we don’t, we’ll have to tighten restrictions again. Nobody wants that.

Yea, I'm sure nobody wants to keep exerting the kind of authoritarianism we've seen recently.

Link Posted: 5/2/2020 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#36]
When do we reopen?
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 4v50:
When do we reopen?
View Quote

It is already happening!

https://gazette.com/news/local/safer-at-home-in-colorado-a-step-by-step-guide-to-whats-coming/article_12084f7a-858c-11ea-89c1-6bc77a557b77.html

I had legal haircut on Friday, as well as a by-appointment retail shopping success  Today on the 2nd I met up with a crony for take-out breakfast, no masks no problem.  

There was some guy in GD posting about a 10-mile travel restriction from the guvnor.  That may be accurate, or bullshit, but I have not found anything online to confirm it.   Maybe it just applies to the shithole of Denver?

For what it is worth, El Paso County says this https://www.elpasocountyhealth.org/sites/default/files/COVID-19%20Safer%20at%20Home%20PHO%20Guidance%20
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It is already happening!

https://gazette.com/news/local/safer-at-home-in-colorado-a-step-by-step-guide-to-whats-coming/article_12084f7a-858c-11ea-89c1-6bc77a557b77.html

I had legal haircut on Friday, as well as a by-appointment retail shopping success  Today on the 2nd I met up with a crony for take-out breakfast, no masks no problem.  

There was some guy in GD posting about a 10-mile travel restriction from the guvnor.  That may be accurate, or bullshit, but I have not found anything online to confirm it.   Maybe it just applies to the shithole of Denver?

For what it is worth, El Paso County says this https://www.elpasocountyhealth.org/sites/default/files/COVID-19%20Safer%20at%20Home%20PHO%20Guidance%20
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When do we reopen?

It is already happening!

Things have started to open. I'm guessing we'll be lucky if you can sit down at a bar and have a beer or go to any type of place that has more than few people by July 4th.
The opening restaurants with limited capacity is going to be a joke, there are no restaurants that won't lose money operating at 1/3 capacity.

Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:32:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By XJ:

It is already happening!

There was some guy in GD posting about a 10-mile travel restriction from the guvnor.  That may be accurate, or bullshit, but I have not found anything online to confirm it.   Maybe it just applies to the shithole of Denver?

View Quote

10 mile for rec is mentioned in the 1st link you posted
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 9:56:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By RMO:

10 mile for rec is mentioned in the 1st link you posted 
View Quote

I'm still not finding it, might be blind though

I don't like or trust Polis, but he hasn't been nearly as bad as some other governors.

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By XJ:

I'm still not finding it, might be blind though 

I don't like or trust Polis, but he hasn't been nearly as bad as some other governors.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By XJ:
Originally Posted By RMO:

10 mile for rec is mentioned in the 1st link you posted 

I don't like or trust Polis, but he hasn't been nearly as bad as some other governors.

I think he doesn't want to be run out of office.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Next door neighbors just had a bouncy castle erected in the back yard.  Looks like a big old kids birthday party is about to kick off.

I am thinking this might be a bit premature.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By XJ:

View Quote

Not a Polinass fan in anyway, but we could have a lot worse ruining the state. If Dickinpooper was still in office it wouldn't surprise me if he had us shut down like Whitler in Michigan.
I don't trust politicians, Demo or Repub.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:36:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By XJ:

View Quote

that's a pretty low bar
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By thedave1164:

Thanks, you confirmed my assumptions.

Plan A is not to get sick.

Plan B is get to SD if I do.

The Docs at NCMC saved my life last year, but I will take my chances with the cocktail before going on a vent
View Quote

With what we know today about putting COVID Pt's on a vent is different from what we were doing a month ago. There are times where a vent is unavoidable with COVID and life saving when we do go that route.
I've had many Pt's that I put on a vent recover and go home, several to much higher altitudes than were we were treating them (lower partial pressure of O2 at higher altitudes, which makes gas diffusion more difficult)

Let me say if you are getting your healthcare information from the media it's like having a first grader doing your auto maintenance. The fear mongering media kills folks with regularity with their moronic views and misinformation.

If it were myself or one of my family members, I'd opt for the vent in a heart beat. Vent's work and save life's.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 7:48:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:54:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By YO_Doc:

With what we know today about putting COVID Pt's on a vent is different from what we were doing a month ago. There are times where a vent is unavoidable with COVID and life saving when we do go that route. 
I've had many Pt's that I put on a vent recover and go home, several to much higher altitudes than were we were treating them (lower partial pressure of O2 at higher altitudes, which makes gas diffusion more difficult) 

Let me say if you are getting your healthcare information from the media it's like having a first grader doing your auto maintenance. The fear mongering media kills folks with regularity with their moronic views and misinformation. 

If it were myself or one of my family members, I'd opt for the vent in a heart beat. Vent's work and save life's.
View Quote

I'd take my chances without one. When 60-85% people put on a vent end up dying, I'd rather roll the dice on making due without.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Apparently 61% of Colorado's fatalities are from nursing homes and senior care centers.

https://coloradosun.com/2020/05/13/coronavirus-deaths-nursing-homes-meatpacking-colorado/
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top