Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I probably know and/or work with your family member.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Strong possibility if you're in NOCO.
View Quote

Making me rethink applying for a security gig at Banner
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:29:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not at a Banner facility, but it bad everywhere you go. Hospital wise.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:37:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
41 with no underlying conditions that they are aware of
https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/41-year-old-el-paso-county-deputy-dies-from-covid-19/

They estimate actual cases could be as much as 10x the reported cases.
View Quote

No underlying conditions beyond being (medically) morbidly obese, you mean?

Being severely overweight routinely leads to complications that make illnesses worse. There's no such thing as being "fat and healthy" despite what plastering land whales all over Sports Illustrated would have us believe.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a screwed up deal.
https://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/local/2020/04/02/coronavirus-in-colorado-fort-collins-father-death-linked-to-covid-19/5118044002/

"The county is only able to count deaths of patients who tested positive for the virus while they were still alive under guidelines established by the state health department, said health department spokeswoman Katie O'Donnell."
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:16:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sounds like a screwed up deal.
https://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/local/2020/04/02/coronavirus-in-colorado-fort-collins-father-death-linked-to-covid-19/5118044002/

"The county is only able to count deaths of patients who tested positive for the virus while they were still alive under guidelines established by the state health department, said health department spokeswoman Katie O'Donnell."
View Quote

Another case of “lack of underlying health conditions” except obesity. Why are some news outlets refusing to acknowledge that being obese is going to dramatically affect your chances of survival if you get this?

Look at what’s happening in New Orleans.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#7]
My alarmist friend said our Colorado hospitals are being overrun with Covid-19 patients. SO I did 5 minutes of research.

Currently hospitalized patients: 710
Number of Hospital Beds in Colorado:  estimated 12,000+*
Occupation rate of covid patients: about 6%

*Was 11,227 in 2017, before the huge hospital boom we've been having.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:08:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My alarmist friend said our Colorado hospitals are being overrun with Covid-19 patients. SO I did 5 minutes of research.

View Quote
You need to look at icu beds not overall beds.
From what I've heard there're not being overrun but that time may come.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:12:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Dozens of businesses have closed permanently because of the statewide shutdown. It remains to be seen if it was the right choice.

Colorado Case Summary (Updated 4/2/20 at 4:00 p.m.)
Note: This summary only includes data through 4/1 and does not reflect cases since then.  

3,728 cases*
710 hospitalized
51 counties
20,411 people tested (Correction 4/2)
97 deaths
21 outbreaks at residential and non-hospital health care facilities

As of right now- overreaction. But we'll see.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#10]
ICU beds are full. In some cases, they are doubling up rooms.

Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:57:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where?
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks, I was just wondering about FTC area. My buddy is a surgeon here in Littleton and was sick for about 10 days before he was hospitalized with Chinese flu. It was rough for just over a week and he is now doing better. 56 years old and good health/ good shape. Drinks too much with me, but does not smoke. Always has high endurance when we mountain bike. Makes me realize this is nothing to play around with.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Where?
View Quote

NoCO

"As of this morning, UCHealth is providing care for about 220 hospitalized patients with confirmed COVID-19 infections, about double our number from last week. According to CDPHE, Colorado currently has 710 COVID-19 patients hospitalized. This means we are taking care of approximately one-third of the state’s COVID-19 patients."

Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Delta Hospital is starting to ship patients to Montrose because lack of beds.

You're looking at positive tested COVID patients only, not the folks who are there until their tests come back or others who are worried
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

NoCO

"As of this morning, UCHealth is providing care for about 220 hospitalized patients with confirmed COVID-19 infections, about double our number from last week. According to CDPHE, Colorado currently has 710 COVID-19 patients hospitalized. This means we are taking care of approximately one-third of the state's COVID-19 patients."

View Quote
MCR?
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
41 with no underlying conditions that they are aware of
https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/41-year-old-el-paso-county-deputy-dies-from-covid-19/

They estimate actual cases could be as much as 10x the reported cases.
View Quote

They have been saying for a long time that obesity increases your risk factor greatly.  I don't mean to pick on the dead, but he wasn't exactly fit based on that photo.  His pre-existing condition could very well be his obesity or undiagnosed type 2 diabetes based on his size.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
MCR?
View Quote

Both NoCO facilities have multiple positives. Those numbers are for the whole UCHealth system. Denver and the Springs included.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They have been saying for a long time that obesity increases your risk factor greatly.  I don't mean to pick on the dead, but he wasn't exactly fit based on that photo.  His pre-existing condition could very well be his obesity or undiagnosed type 2 diabetes based on his size.
View Quote

that guy didn't keel over dead from a fucking cold.  he was 41, in reasonable enough shape (to pass the yearly sherrif's exam), his chance of dying in a normal year was minimal.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thats kind of a poor taste assumption on your part
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 11:50:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

My girlfriend works at a hospital and their facing a huge bed shortage right now in the ER and the ICU. They had to temporarily convert a department area into COVID patient rooms because they're out of space otherwise.

Hospitals are doing all they can to make their situations seem better than they are.

Threats of dismissal if staff goes to social media or the news about lack of supplies/PPE.

Someone got written up for bringing in their own PPE as well.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My girlfriend works at a hospital and their facing a huge bed shortage right now in the ER and the ICU. They had to temporarily convert a department area into COVID patient rooms because they're out of space otherwise.

Hospitals are doing all they can to make their situations seem better than they are.

Threats of dismissal if staff goes to social media or the news about lack of supplies/PPE.

View Quote

when the medical peeps start saying FTS and not coming in, then it's going to get bad.  (and who can blame them for dumb stuff like "don't wear masks, it scares people).  And i've heard this from multiple AO's.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 8:06:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nuts!  That is so screwy.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 2:01:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Man Arrested In Front Of Daughter Over Social Distancing, STOP GIVING UP YOUR RIGHTS

So it begins. Lets all shake our heads at Brighton.

Link to article in question
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Such heroes.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#26]
The IHME model indicates our peak has passed. State officials say, Nope, not even close.

"The differences in the models is driven in part by the type of data they use in their projections. The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation model largely relies on death and hospitalization data. Whereas the state’s model relies on case data."  Now, that sounds informative, but I don't know what the distinction really means.

https://www.timescall.com/2020/04/07/colorado-coronavirus-covid-model-predictions/
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The IHME model indicates our peak has passed. State officials say, Nope, not even close.

"The differences in the models is driven in part by the type of data they use in their projections. The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation model largely relies on death and hospitalization data. Whereas the state’s model relies on case data."  Now, that sounds informative, but I don't know what the distinction really means.

https://www.timescall.com/2020/04/07/colorado-coronavirus-covid-model-predictions/
View Quote

I'm not sure how they can say that when their own 'daily cases' graph is trending down.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm not sure how they can say that when their own 'daily cases' graph is trending down.
View Quote

Cause, never let a crisis go to waste and all of that.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:05:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Not all cops are d-bags.

https://newcountry991.com/fort-collins-police-save-4-year-olds-cancelled-birthday-party/

On phone, no hotlink. Sorry
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The reason was that they accused this employee of stealing PPE at an earlier date and bringing it back in because of the shortage.
The staff member just went out and bought the same type of mask as the hospital so that they would have an equal amount of protection and not stand out.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Not all cops are d-bags.

https://newcountry991.com/fort-collins-police-save-4-year-olds-cancelled-birthday-party/

On phone, no hotlink. Sorry
View Quote

Made Hot
Also, LCSO and Berthoud Fire have done that for a little girl. And Ive seen it elsewhere in the country.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

that guy didn't keel over dead from a fucking cold.  he was 41, in reasonable enough shape (to pass the yearly sherrif's exam), his chance of dying in a normal year was minimal.
View Quote

After I posted this I read further through the thread and almost deleted my post because there were several other posts making the same point and it was redundant.  I obviously didn't, but my point is that I am not the only one who has read up on risk factors.  Being obese greatly increases your risk factor of succumbing to Covid-19.  The article said he didn't have any underlying health issues, which based on that picture, was clearly false.  I am not picking on the guy.  I am pointing out that the media reports of "healthy" people dying seem to be misleading at best.

ETA:  I don't know anything about the yearly Sheriff's exam.  What constitutes a passing mark?
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Which part?
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Which part?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which part?

You completely "judged a book by it's cover". I know more about that poor man's health conditions than you ever could. You were wrong in your assumption, and made a blanket statement without knowing what the hell you are taking about. That's it. I'm done.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You completely "judged a book by it's cover". I know more about that poor man's health conditions than you ever could. You were wrong in your assumption, and made a blanket statement without knowing what the hell you are taking about. That's it. I'm done.
View Quote

cou
I didn't mean to upset you.  Not even trying to be combative.  The only "assumption" that I made is that he COULD have very well been low grade type two diabetic without realizing it which would have increased his risk factors even more than just being overweight.  If he wasn't then he wasn't, but it isn't a stretch to assume that someone that overweight doesn't maintain a healthy blood sugar.  I don't claim to know anything about his health, but the picture clearly shows him being overweight.  Being overweight is a severe risk factor for Covid-19 by itself.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Y'all hear about the shenanigans at JBS?

30+ Positive at JBS

JBS Employee Dies from Corona
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 10:46:13 PM EDT
[#37]
G-town is the noCO covid hot spot. That is not surprising.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#38]
I work with a few hospitals, and was in Durango last week.  There and Cortez hospitals are ghost towns.  1 Covid patient, each I think.  All ramped up and ready for more patients, but let's hope they don't get any more.  They are probably hurting for income as nothing else is going on at the hospitals.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 1:02:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Our current modus operandi appears to be house a covid patient in ICU, put on a ventilator. However, they may be doing more harm than good. The majority of people put on a ventilator, end up dying anyway. As much as 82% in New York.

Check this out:
https://apnews.com/8ccd325c2be9bf454c2128dcb7bd616d
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Y'all hear about the shenanigans at JBS?

30+ Positive at JBS

JBS Employee Dies from Corona
View Quote

I saw updated numbers this morning.  It said at least 50 cases, two deaths and the company had said that they were going to be spending $1,000,000 testing but employees got a text yesterday stating that they would not be testing.  Meat packers have been screwing cattle farmers.  Now they are apparently screwing their employees.  Find a cattle farmer and buy direct from the source.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm afraid in may be in my area now.  Person I know was exposed.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#42]
For anyone else in the Boulder area, I just got this on my neighborhood mailing list.

"The USAF Thunderbirds will conduct an eight ship formation flyover of Boulder tomorrow, Saturday shortly after 1300 local, no TFR but a NOTAM will be in effect.

They plan to hold hold over the Gunbarrel area from 1:00 – 1:05pm tomorrow and then proceed east of BDU to flyby the hospital then loop over Boulder at around 500’ AGL, there will be photo chase plane."
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
For anyone else in the Boulder area, I just got this on my neighborhood mailing list.

"The USAF Thunderbirds will conduct an eight ship formation flyover of Boulder tomorrow, Saturday shortly after 1300 local, no TFR but a NOTAM will be in effect.

They plan to hold hold over the Gunbarrel area from 1:00  1:05pm tomorrow and then proceed east of BDU to flyby the hospital then loop over Boulder at around 500' AGL, there will be photo chase plane."
View Quote
The whole front range and Greeley tomorrow
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They plan to hold hold over the Gunbarrel area from 1:00  1:05pm tomorrow and then proceed east of BDU to flyby the hospital then loop over Boulder at around 500' AGL, there will be photo chase plane."

I'm looking forward to it.  I have a lot of sky in my view, their hold area works for me, and I'm expecting a nice show.

ETA: http://afthunderbirds.com/site/2020/04/16/thunderbirds-to-salute-usafa-graduates-colorado-front-line-covid-19-responders/

Also, this from reddit:

All 8 squadron aircraft are expected to be uncharacteristically flying together in the “Super Delta” formation. These are rough times over each town. I do not know how accurate they are.

Greeley 12:50

Windsor 12:53

Fort Collins 12:57

Loveland 13:01

Longmont 13:05

Boulder 13:09

Denver 13:16

DIA 13:21

Buckley AFB 13:25

Colorado Springs 13:41

Fort Carson 13:44

Pueblo 13:52
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#45]
sound of freedom baby.  (sadly now gone  like the damn wind, but whatever planes are cool)
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:42:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Made Hot
Also, LCSO and Berthoud Fire have done that for a little girl. And Ive seen it elsewhere in the country.
View Quote

Weve started doing drive by birthdays as well.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 1:18:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Weve started doing drive by birthdays as well.
View Quote

I think I heard one on the radio the other day.  Logged as “community policing”.

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:06:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:26:50 PM EDT
[#49]

I have mixed feelings about this. If proper precautions are taken, the economy can be relit safely, however from my excursions into the "wild" as of late, I don't think most people know how or care enough to protect themselves and others sufficiently.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:03:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Lol that's complete bullshit.
"Opening with strict guidelines" yet to be determined

http://d199t8psk3yhk6.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/3765_001.pdf
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top