Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2017 7:28:10 PM EDT
We are visiting Denver this weekend for our 105th anniversary. I didn't realize that it coincided with the eclipse. Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding glasses locally. Is there a decent supply up there? We'll be flying in Friday morning.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:36:21 AM EDT
[#1]
It's gotten so close to the event that it is hard to find them locally as well. We ended up ordering several pairs from B&H Photo a couple weeks ago but it's getting short on time to do even that now unless you pay for express shipping (and they have them in stock).
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#2]
A welding hood will also work
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A welding hood will also work
View Quote
Not necessarily.  It needs to be a #14 shade lens to view the sun safely.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We are visiting Denver this weekend for our 105th anniversary. I didn't realize that it coincided with the eclipse. Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding glasses locally. Is there a decent supply up there? We'll be flying in Friday morning.
View Quote

105th anniversary! Wow!

My friend was able to get some at a local 7-11 but he bought them out. Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:00:44 AM EDT
[#5]
just so you know--mcguckin hardware in boulder sold approx 30,000 pairs last week.  they got another late shipment of 2000 and put them on sale friday morning and they were gone within an hour--and that was with a line wrapped around the building.

a grease monkey in longmont (i think) gave away 3000 pairs of glasses friday morning before running out.

i'm not saying you'll strike out, but the possibility of rolling into denver and getting eclipse glasses are slim
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:12:50 AM EDT
[#6]
10 minutes after my post i saw this:

1000 pairs available at DIA on Monday morning
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top