Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2017 3:38:28 PM EDT
Here are the constraints:

I'm a CPA, audit primary, so I need a place that has firms that aren't just mom and pop places

The place needs to ignore the 30 round mag law.  I'd bring all my guns and mags and use them.

Close to an out door gun club that has relaxed rules.  Preferably with cowboy action.  

Good schools, low crime.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Grand Junction is the largest town on the western slope so it would probably be more likely to have what you want career wise.  There are plenty of outdoor ranges within about an hour, or a little more, drive.  And truthfully if you lived in Denver you'd drive an hour or more to a range.  

I think everybody but the City and County, one in the same, of Denver don't care about your magazines.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#2]
In the Front Range towns surrounding Fort Collins would be my 1st choice. Close to some good ranges, Cowboy action, pistol, long range.
The only downfall is CSU in Fort Collins.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Fort Collins does fit most of those requirements except for alot of big firms.  It depends on what type of firms you are talking about as we have alot of Tech companies here, but all of their accounting is in house.  The amenities are awesome with multiple shooting ranges 30 minutes to an hour away including  many different types of ranges.  Your other options are probably the Denver Metro area which is pretty big and will have the companies that you want, or Colorado Springs.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Ft Collins, Windsor, Loveland, Greeley.  4 outdoor ( 2 are membership but all competitions are open to all) ranges within a 20-40 minute drive, depending how you drive, traffic and road construction.  3 indoor ranges, 2 with 25yd and 1 with a 100 yard area.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks all.  No real plans, just looking at various places.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 2:38:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Durango is a college town in the southwest corner so you might find something there that suits your wants.

Glenwood Springs is an hour and a half east of Grand Junction and about an hour from Asspain so there might be something there too.  But the closer you get to Asspain the more liberal the people and attitudes.  

Most of the West Slope is rural and conservative.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#7]
given your criteria, Denver or the Springs are your best bets along the front range, GJ on the western slope.  

folks can name dozens of towns, but those are your actual choices, and I'd venture a guess GJ would be a tough nut to crack with your criteria.

remember, the Denver metro area is 7 counties.  The general consensus is to avoid living within Denver county, and that's fairly easy to do.  Since you acquired all your mags before 7/1/13, you don't have to worry about the magazine law.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I work for a national financial services company in the Denver Tech Center and we are looking to hire an auditor. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:39:48 PM EDT
[#9]
NOT PUEBLO!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I work for a national financial services company in the Denver Tech Center and we are looking to hire an auditor. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
View Quote
Denver is out for living or working, but thanks!
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Denver Tech Center isn't in city of Denver.  I know, weird
It's an actual little mini-area (own parks, etc, different PD).  But it's what people refer to the area on the south side of Denver where lots of big office buildings are.  What people think of as DTC is usually outside of DTC.  There's also Meridian which is the next big office park south, but generically that whole south side of offices and high rises on the south side of Denver is called Denver Tech Center.  But it's not actually in the city of Denver, but is in the metro area of Denver.

You may also not realize that really Colorado is one huge city.  (front Range from Colorado Springs to Ft Collins) with probably 80% of the population and then the rest of the state.  

Jobs are in the front range, the better places to live aren't.

Also, housing is ridiculous here.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Sherrick - avoid Las Animas or Huefano Counties.  Good schools? . As a former cop, you would hate the druggies that the legalization of marijuana brought to this area.  

I like Manitou Springs and there are a lot of small businesses there.  It's right next to Colorado Springs so if you want the amenities of the big city, they're close by.  I suspect they have better schools there too.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 6:22:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
NOT PUEBLO!!!!!
View Quote
Pueblo is a sh*thole.  West Pueblo is a lot nicer (but still too close to Pueblo).
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 9:52:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I remember when Fort Collins was less than 30,000.  I would look to some of the smaller towns south to live in.  How close do you need to be to customers in that business?  You can potentially cover the whole region even into Denver or the outskirts.   Stay off of I-25 as much as possible.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 1:16:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Douglas county, but it's growing too fast.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 10:46:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Denver is the place for you OP.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 1:07:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Housing here is awful.

Job market is high in the Denver area, but I can't see a reason anyone would want to actually live in the metro area.

Actual shooting ranges are a bit of a stretch. I live in Parker, and I drive an hour forty five to National Forrest for my shooting needs.  Plenty of land and open space to get out to 800 yards up in the hills near FairPlay.

Personally if you don't mind a commute, I would think long and hard about finding work in the Denver Tech Center, and living in the Kiowa/Franktown/Elizabeth area.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 1:34:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Nothing wrong with Boulder County, beyond Boulder itself (everything is way too expensive).
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Pretty much any suburbs south of Denver.  Douglas County will be good.  I don't think a single sheriff in the state supported the mag cap law, but STAY AWAY from Denver proper.

The city of Centennial (where I live) itself is very conservative, and has Cherry Creek school district which is the best in the state (Cherry Creek and Grandview HSs), some Douglas county HSs not too far behind.  Unfortunately its part of Arapahoe County.  Avoid Denver, avoid Aurora as they are full of pot shops.  There are some out door ranges around this area out east, and indoor ranges.

A couple of national forest places for shooting are about an hour's drive away into the mountains (much closer than Fairplay).  One good for pistol, right off a major road.   At a certain point another needs 4wd but has multiple areas you can set up 500m+ if you want.

Ken Karyl, Evergreen, Conifer/Aspen Park I think would be fine as well and put you in/against the mountains and very close to these 2 areas.

Boulder county is hugely split between a conservative element and the rabit leftists.  The rabid leftists outnumber the conservatives, nuff said.

Denver Tech Center is Greenwood Village and Centennial, anything but leftist/communist.  Quite a few gun stores in that area as well.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:15:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Denver is the place for you OP.
View Quote
Suggest Sherrick see and it and experience the gridlock first before deciding on moving to Denver.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#22]
I think all Colorado Arfcomers should move to Broomfield City/County so we can make a Sanctuary county!

No emissions laws, no gun laws! I bet we could also get some like minded folks from Pirate4x4 and Jeepforum to join us. Only 50k people... time to shift some demographics.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I think all Colorado Arfcomers should move to Broomfield City/County so we can make a Sanctuary county!

No emissions laws, no gun laws! I bet we could also get some like minded folks from Pirate4x4 and Jeepforum to join us. Only 50k people... time to shift some demographics.
View Quote
OP isn't libertarian enough for Broomfield County. Sorry, OP.  I'll take you before a libtard, but only if you sign a "live and let live" waiver.

Link Posted: 8/7/2017 12:24:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Does it pay enough for a helicopter for the morning commute?  

I live off 225 and have to go south through that shit every day
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 12:26:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Housing here is awful.

Job market is high in the Denver area, but I can't see a reason anyone would want to actually live in the metro area.

Actual shooting ranges are a bit of a stretch. I live in Parker, and I drive an hour forty five to National Forrest for my shooting needs.  Plenty of land and open space to get out to 800 yards up in the hills near FairPlay.

Personally if you don't mind a commute, I would think long and hard about finding work in the Denver Tech Center, and living in the Kiowa/Franktown/Elizabeth area.
View Quote
In laws live in Franktown, that's not bad advice but that commute would suck balls.  Wife works in Elizabeth and we live in Aurora.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Does it pay enough for a helicopter for the morning commute?  

I live off 225 and have to go south through that shit every day
View Quote
Probably, but you wouldn't have much left over to live on!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top