Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2017 8:35:39 PM EDT
While I don't think extreme vetting will ever happen in Colorado (I'd vote yes, build a wall), I've stopped replying to the numerous "here I come" posts. I am wondering if it would behoove us to have a "since you don't know anything about our state and plan to move here" thumb tacked type post (probably with a different title).

I only ask because of fear of getting banned or my ill attempt/s at humor being misunderstood when replying to these posts in the past.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 8:37:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Timothy] [#1]
Although we already have a bunch of thumb'd posts. Maybe I should just untangle my panteyes. Guess I should look at the bright side. People ask us lol!
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 11:46:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 12:32:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:24:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thedave1164:
LOL,

No one ever reads the tacked posts.

But if you want to take the time to write one up I would be happy to tack it
View Quote
Every tacked thread is just further I have to use my scroll wheel in order to ignore it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Nobody reads the tacked threads anyways. Look at all the magazine questions that pop up even though we have a tacked thread on it with all the info.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Plus we would need a million tacks addressing everything from: "where should I eat in Po Dunk" to "moving to Colorado, how many snowblowers should I buy?"

*message received
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been considering a "moving back to Colorado" thread. My wife and I lived in Summit County for a couple years back around 2010-11 and loved it. Only moved because there just wasn't any work for us.

We have two kids now and we're planning our escape from this hell home called Illinois. Plan right now is moving to Breckenridge. Always loved the town and have the money thing figured out with a business we run from home now.

I'm sure a lot could have changed in the 6 years since we lived there, so any input on what might be different I'd be interested in hearing.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I am disappoint.  I came in here hoping for this information, as a position for my company may be opening in Colorado springs.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:35:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DFARM:
I am disappoint.  I came in here hoping for this information, as a position for my company may be opening in Colorado springs.
View Quote
Time to start a Colorado LCR like in Wa? I am now in the Springs.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:46:28 PM EDT
[#11]
That's where I'd be looking.

I did some looking at houses online today, and it looks fairly expensive near Colorado springs.

Any suggestions on where to look?

I'm hoping to find a 3-4 bedroom, preferably on 2+ acres close to public hunting and no more than an hour or so drive to ft Carson. Big bonus points if I can shoot on the property. The real kicker is that I'd like to keep it at $200k or less.

What does the hunting and fishing look like there? What about firewood?(I'm a big nerd for having a woodstove in my home)
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I say YES. I am going out to Denver for work for a few months from a free state and am wondering if I can bring my AR (20" A2 style) for some shooting time. Appreciate any help or input...
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 8:24:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2StateTrigger] [#14]
QUESTION DELETED...
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#15]
How's the internet situation in the Springs area? Coming from FIOS. Is Century Link and Xfinity the top choices?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top