Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2006 10:45:00 AM EDT
Anyone know a good local who I can call to help me with the hammer on my BHP Clone?

It's a Hungarian P9M. the internals are the same as a usual BHP or FN HP. Only difference being the hammer is a like that of a very early model hi power and current model or off the shelf aftermarket parts may not work without fitting.

Can someone direct me to a reputable Colorado pistol smith who can take the bite out of my hipower and smooth up the trigger by removing the mag disco?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:50:07 PM EDT
[#1]
You can remove the mag disconnect yourself, I did. You may find it difficult to find a smith that will remove a safety device.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Supposedly it is a pretty easy operation. Maybe you can find internet how-to instructions. I have also heard that gunsmiths are leery of removing a safety.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Well the Mag disconnect is much less of a concern I think I've found one or two procedures for how to remove it online. I figured if it could be done at the same time so be it..

Actually what I REALLY want to done is to have the hammer trimmed or a C&S hammer fit because at this point my BHP is virtually unshootable due to hammer bite.

Any suggestions or should I just whip out the Yellow pages and drop my finger?

I've heard some horror stories about a lousy gunsmith ruining a perfectly good gun just making minor changes.. I was hoping some one local had a smith they had used before so I can at least have a prior recommendation before I plunk my $$$$$ down :)
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I used Colorado School of Trades Gunsmiths to change my hammer out to a ring on a normal BHP. I think they could do yours pretty cheaply.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:25:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I used Colorado School of Trades Gunsmiths to change my hammer out to a ring on a normal BHP. I think they could do yours pretty cheaply.

How should I get ahold of them?

I searched but all I could find was ways to apply to go to school!

Also just looking for a pro to take it to if anyone knows of someone who can do it for me here in town.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Andy at andy's custom guns.

He's a pro.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top