Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 1:24:45 PM EDT
7860 w. Jewell Ave.
Lakewood, CO
303-989-8600

No longer open to the general public? What is going on there?

I tried to go there a few months ago and they wouldn't let me use 124Gr. 9mm FMJ. military rounds.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:06:43 PM EDT
They are done because of several reasons one of which you just pointed out. Basicaly the owner had no clue how to run a business other than to run it into the ground and they did just that.

It is up for sale and his latest thing is to franchise it! Kind of hard to franchise something that has failed, my guess is it will be sometime before somebody with the money can buy it that actually knows how to run a business and make it work.

There is another rumor that Green Mountain Guns wants to buy it I hope its true but who knows.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:52:16 AM EDT
I would love for Green Mountain Guns to take it over.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:30:03 AM EDT
I hope Green Mtn does take it over too. Anybody but the current owner. That guy fully deserved to go out of business. I was so happy when I found out that the old Foothills range was being remodeled because it was 5 mins from my house. When K2 finally opened everything about it was a joke. From the expensive range fees (which just got higher and higher) to their stupid rules to their rifle range setup. I would think that the owner with all of his years in DPD SWAT twould know that resting your rifle on a 10" wide plastic shelf and shooting sitting in an office chair on wheels just doesn't cut it. I could go on and on about the place but I think all of you know what I'm talking about. Good riddance to those dumbasses.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:00:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SS109:
I would love for Green Mountain Guns to take it over.

Oh hell yeah!!!

I really like those guys (unlike the current owners of K2).
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:02:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/19/2006 7:03:25 PM EDT by HoodyHoo21]
BIG +1 on hating the current K2 setup, owners and employees. I have stories I could type, but I will only live to be so old.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:10:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rxgremlin:
I hope Green Mtn does take it over too. Anybody but the current owner. That guy fully deserved to go out of business. I was so happy when I found out that the old Foothills range was being remodeled because it was 5 mins from my house. When K2 finally opened everything about it was a joke. From the expensive range fees (which just got higher and higher) to their stupid rules to their rifle range setup. I would think that the owner with all of his years in DPD SWAT twould know that resting your rifle on a 10" wide plastic shelf and shooting sitting in an office chair on wheels just doesn't cut it. I could go on and on about the place but I think all of you know what I'm talking about. Good riddance to those dumbasses.

A Big +1 I felt the same way I shot at foothills for 20 years hell I even took my hunters safety in that room between the pistol and rifle range that they removed and made part of the pistol range. Then it opened and I bought a membership and they screwed me big time I wasted $250 for nothing they did not give me a damn thing that they promised.

Anybody else notice that Ken the owners favorite excuse for fucking the place up was "People are blowing guns up". He is a total jackass and has no idea that the place he bought ran for many years before he owned it with out that problem. Typical denver liberal jackoff mentality.

Like I said the Green Mountain Guns wanting to buy it is just a rumor I heard so there is no basis of fact it is a rumor. All we can do is hope it is true.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:27:12 AM EDT
Yeah I called them up to try shooting my rifle on a rainy day..

the cost to shoot pistols... AND rifles alone was astronimical for an hour each.

Plus he made you buy HIS ammo... which makes it virtually pointless to shoot any of my rifles because I already have buku surplus stuff laying around.

At that point it made more sense to just say screw the rifles til it warms up and hop it to Firing Line for my pistol shooting.. It's so much cheaper and informal I find myself always shooting there even though it's sort of a long drive.

I'm not a fan of the general skill level of most public shooters there so I've been considering a membership so I don't have to shoot with the "commoners" something about getting swept with a rental Glock 20 times in an hour on the public side of the range makes my boxers damp.....

anyhoo.. Not so sorry to hear they went under.. when I compared their range fees for one visit and the price to go shooting at firing line all month even with ammo it was cheaper.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:28:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 10:29:23 AM EDT by Citat3962]
DAMD double postin..
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:01:48 PM EDT
Talked to a couple of guys at Green Mtn today. They both said that Green Mtn is considering taking the place over on a lease basis but they will not purchase K2. They said that Ken lost his shorts on the place and is desperate. Incidentally, four other customers within earshot ALL complained about K2 and what a dick Ken was.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:47:43 PM EDT
Was in there about 3 days before they closed the doors. I was a member there for 2 years - not a damn word. I'm glad those idiots lost their shorts - they deserve everything they get.

Maybe we should all swap stories about 'em.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:06:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hkOrion:
Was in there about 3 days before they closed the doors. I was a member there for 2 years - not a damn word. I'm glad those idiots lost their shorts - they deserve everything they get.

Maybe we should all swap stories about 'em.

You let them fuck you for 2 years your a slow learner.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:27:05 AM EDT
HunterCO -

Let's just say I gave as good as I got. I saved more on new purchases than I paid in dues.

It was a great place to shoot for a while, and then they fired all the knowledgable guys. I hope somebody starts it up again soon - it's closer than most other places.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:03:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hkOrion:
HunterCO -

Let's just say I gave as good as I got. I saved more on new purchases than I paid in dues.

It was a great place to shoot for a while, and then they fired all the knowledgable guys. I hope somebody starts it up again soon - it's closer than most other places.

Was just giving you a hard time as far as saving money if you bought any guns from them you got taken. Green Mountain Guns is just a half mile down the road and on average their handguns were $80-$100 cheaper. Their rifles on average were $200-$250 cheaper than K2.

I hope it re-opens also I live just down the road. If K2 would not have made all the stupid ass rules they did and ran off all the customers they would still be open. Next problem they had was Kens dad Jim he was always down their sticking his nose in everything. He would tell people how to sight in their rifle how to shoot ect. He pissed a ton of people off.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:56:03 AM EDT
Yeah, I went down there one day to sight an AR. I had 30min to do it according to them. They got all up in my face about using some XM-193 and insisted on checking every damn box. Wouldn't let me use my South african surplus at all (some bullshit about being armor piercing (its not)) The next thing the guy running the range tells me that their backstop is rated for .50 BMG.... But no, them there evil armor piercing .223 guns is bad... I could go on and on about the few times I went to that place. I really do hope GMG runs it, those guys rock.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:26:03 PM EDT
Good ridance, i hope that guy ken looses everything, then green mountain picks it up at auction.
Top Top