Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/6/2006 5:40:49 PM EDT
My dad lives in Colorado and wants to get a suppressor. Is it legal? Anything special he needs to do?

TIA.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:52:37 PM EDT
they are legal, im not sure of the exact process to obtain 1 but it involves a long wait and $200 to the atf. im sure someone will be along shortly with more knowledge on the subject.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:27:22 AM EDT
It would probably be easiest to go to a shop that sells them. They will get him through the process. I think he will have to get fingerprint cards, photos, fill out some forms, and get it signed by his county sheriff.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:44:16 PM EDT
click here for Ironridge Guns

Talk to Oliver, he's a Gemtech dealer and in the works for AAC dealership. Good down home guy and knows his stuff. Tell your dad to pass on that you're a ARFcom guy for a free high five.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:16:42 PM EDT
www.machineguntours.com he is located in dumont

or

http://www.jensenarms.com located in loveland

i'd call either one of them. alan (machineguntours) can get you anything you want

jensens is mainly a gemtec dealer but can order anything too
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:37:21 PM EDT
Jensens and Oliver are both good choices. What county is your father in? Some local sheriffs will not sign off on the BATFE Form 4 and your dad will have to form a corporation to get around it.

PS, if he is in Boulder County he has nothing to worry about, sheriff Joe Pell RULES!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:43:12 AM EDT
I have sent my father this thread; he lives in Rio Grande County, I think - on 160 on the way up to Creede - I don't think the Sheriff will be a problem....
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:56:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/11/2006 3:58:37 PM EDT by Lexington]

Originally Posted By 7KOPPER:
click here for Ironridge Guns

Talk to Oliver, he's a Gemtech dealer and in the works for AAC dealership. Good down home guy and knows his stuff. Tell your dad to pass on that you're a ARFcom guy for a free high five.

Yeah, Iron Ridge is the place to go. Oliver is my regular pusher dealer.

Beyond being just a dealer, he is a manufacturer and can MAKE you a can if you really want a custom one.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:23:46 AM EDT
i checked this out a couple weeks ago because i want one for my mak this is a rough break downand its not exact its just what i remember when i was looking into it

you need a form 4 (which a dealer can supply)
you need to send it to the dept of treasurary with 200 dollars
it takes something like up to 4 months to get it back approved
then you can actually get a suppressor after all that
and the certificat must stay with the suppressor at all time
Top Top