Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 9:46:37 AM EDT
Hey everybody.  
Just got here.  My gf is going to be teaching in windsor, I am job and apartment hunting.  If anyone has some tips/advice/openings, please let me know.  

Thanks,
-Seth
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
i'd rent a house more room less nosy neighbors.
if you're qualified i know of a good deal on a house with 1/4 acre lot in town
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:53:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Where are you from, and what line of work are you in?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive done a lot of work in manufacturing.  Ive drafted with AutoCad and Solidworks, done some design work.  Im very proficient with a PC.  Ive also managed a production line, and made repairs to small portable computer devices for the military.  Ive also held a security clearance.  I havent been back to school yet, so a dont have the paperwork to back me up, but I learn fast and work hard.  Send me an email, or let me know yours, and I can send off a resume.

As far as the house, what would monthly rent be?  We are looking to keep it as low as possible, so we can save up for a down payment on a house of our own.

One more question I just thought of.  It seems that east of I-25 there are very few public lands (looking at my new Colorado Atlas).  Does anyone know where to go in the windor/greeley area to go shooting/4-wheeling/etc?  Preferrably for free, on public lands!  
I have seen some lands marked "U.S. Department of Defense", but I cant figure out if these lands are available for public use.  One would think no, but then why would they be in the public lands section of the map?  Does anyone know this answer?

Thanks for all of the help and responses everyone!
-Seth

PS- Im originally from California, then Nevada, now here!  Im 21 years old.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:35:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Not much 4 wheeling east of I-25, go west for that. Check out the Pawnee thread for directions to the shooting area.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#5]
got the pawnee thread, perfect info, thank you.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the area, except for all the people moving in all the time... it is a great area.  I don't live there any more, but my folks still do.  It is a nice place.

If you are willing to commute 15min (assuming you work in Windsor) you might find lower rent in/around Severance or some place East/North of town.    
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:31:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, I will check Severance also.  Thanks!

Any other places you guys can think of?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Does anyone know where to go in the windor/greeley area to go shooting/4-wheeling/etc?  Preferrably for free, on public lands!  
Does anyone know this answer?

-Seth

There are several good 4X4 roads west of Fort Collins. Kelly Flats and Seven mile are up the Poudre canyon. Moody hill is nice, not real hard. What kind of rig do you have?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:59:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ok, I will check Severance also.  Thanks!

Any other places you guys can think of?

I know a few poeple that live in Eaton, nice little town.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:12:36 AM EDT
[#10]
or

A
Unique
Little
Town

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does anyone know where to go in the windor/greeley area to go shooting/4-wheeling/etc?  Preferrably for free, on public lands!  
Does anyone know this answer?

-Seth

There are several good 4X4 roads west of Fort Collins. Kelly Flats and Seven mile are up the Poudre canyon. Moody hill is nice, not real hard. What kind of rig do you have?

Dont really have any kind of rig, just an explorer.  I actually meant "places away from people", to do shooting, camping, hiking hunting, etc...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#12]
i'm in windsor and belong to a range east of eaton. drop me and i-m and if you're not working  yet perhaps monday or tues the 9th or 10th we can get some range time in
depending on the weather & my job
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#13]
All housing is way overpriced in colorado in the front range, expect a little sticker shock.   Jim KNOWS northern colorado.
Pawnee grasslands for public
weld county range is out that way
Pawnee range is out that way too (past Ault) (shotgun, range, etc)
Jensen Arms in Loveland is THE place.
Rocky Mountain Shooter Supply (used to be Hamblen)  (in Ft Collins) is decent for shotguns, but overpriced.  not so hot on teh rest, nice guys though.
I think Jax in Ft Collins has guns too, haven't been.
welcome

Brian
Longmont, CO
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#14]
welcome!
where is your wife teaching?  I have one at Grand elem and one at the middle school.  I go wheeling all the time (going up moody/crystal tomorrow and Sunday as a matter of fact) so let me know if you want to go anytime.  

My wife is a Realtor and can help you out with the settling in stuff.  She's the home town type that knows everyone (even Jim!) and everywhere.  Jim lives on the East end of town and I'm on the west.  Let me know if there is anything you want to know.

cheers!

Jeff
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#15]
She is going to be student teaching at grandview elementary school in windsor.  And we are mostly looking for apartments/homes for rent, as we want to get a feel for the area first, and may not end up here.  We are going to be in Windsor/Ft Collins the 2nd-4th, looking at apartments and jobs.

PS if anyone knows some deals on houses or apartments for rent, please drop me a line.  
Thanks for the help and warm welcomes everyone!
-Seth
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:43:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Ricecakes if you wifes principles name is Tami tell my sister hi!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:54:57 AM EDT
[#17]
She said her Principal's name is Karen Trussler.  Is your sister a principal at Tozer?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Ricecakes no sorry I didn't read your post better. She is the principal at Skyview. She is good at what she does but like most educators she hates guns. I took her husband shooting and she about vapor locked. He is the son of the Loveland Police Chief and she will not let him even think about owning a gun.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Wow.  Sounds whipped to me.  Poor guy.  We'll have to sneak him out sometime to go shooting, maybe even hunting!  I dont know what I'd do if my other half didnt like guns.  I guess I just got lucky.  Its too bad that she will probably have to keep it low key that she shoots though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#20]
This is my youngest son's last year at Grandview.  Is she teaching this year or next?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:31:27 AM EDT
[#21]
She starts in 2 weeks.  She will be teaching 2nd grade.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:39:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hey everybody.  
Just got here.  My gf is going to be teaching in windsor, I am job and apartment hunting.  If anyone has some tips/advice/openings, please let me know.  

Thanks,
-Seth

Seth,

Welcome to colorado =)

Ide like to first off say that apartments in fort collins can be pricier then the surrounding areas. If you are a first time home buyer you may not need a down payment actually. I would be more then happy to help you out with the home buying process seeing as it will be one of the largest investments you will make throughout the course of your whole life. my whole family buys and sells real estate.  If you would like ide also help you find an apartment.

Lets chat.

Ashton Mitchell

[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:41:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Also... Look around in loveland and or Johnstown. The housing market is BOOMING up there and property values are just going up with the new mall that was opened in loveland.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:55:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top