Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2003 12:21:28 PM EDT
My wife & I just got back from a wedding there. First trip & I was knocked out by the place. Scenery is frigging gorgeous, folks seemed to be pretty laid back and friendly and all the bars on Elk Avenue had good selections of single-malt scotches.

The housing prices were nuts and it didn't look like much of a job market, though, so I don't see us moving any time soon. Just wondering if there was any crappy stuff I didn't notice (politics, cost of living, tourist season, etc.).
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I didn't live in CB at all, but I lived in Gunnison for about 5 years, and the two are definitly linked.  There are some interesting politics at times, but not the end of the world.  Tourist season isn't usually too bad, espically if you remember thats whats funding your economy.  Yeah, cost of livings an issue, but a lot less then most Colorado resort areas. The skiing's great, but they don't give locals much of a break, even on season passes.  And they aren't a whole lot of jobs where you can live on just that income.  Lots of people, espically that live in CB and not Gunny work several jobs. The people that live in the area, are, almost without exception, great.  Its whole different attitude then anywhere else I've ever spent any time.  The CB bars are fairly good, and a lot better then where I live now!

dp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top