Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2003 1:23:12 PM EDT
at Grand Junction's Walker Field.

The local paper says they will be on hand from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm Monday and 9:00 am to 1:00 pm Tuesday at West Star Aviation's facility.

"Visitors  to the display will be able to enter the planes and tour the interiors." "Adults can tour bothe aircraft for $8 and the cost for childern 12 and under is $4.
 "The foundation offers rides in the planes for $400 per person, which the foundation said is a tax-deductable donation.
 "To have a flight, we need to have a minimum of six and a maximum of eight to cover the cost" The flights last about 30 minutes, and anyone interested may call (978)562-9182 and leave a message."

I'll be there with camera. But no flights for me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 2:55:38 PM EDT
[#1]
dude get some people togeather and take the flight. How many people can say, "yeah i've flown in a B-17."  not alot!
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:06:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Boy don't I know that!!

Basically I'm lacking the fundage.

Donations, anybody???
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I flew in the B-24 "The Dragon's Tail" out here in CA last year.  Took a 30 min. flight out over the ocean and could have dropped a flour bomb on my house on the way back.  Very interesting to experience what my uncle did in WWII in the Pacific.  You can, if you want, sit in some of the turrets but it's a little scary walking around thru the narrow passages realizing if you step on the nose wheel door or the bomb doors you might take a ride.

My dad helped build the B-24's in San Diego.  A little irony that his own brother died in one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top