Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2003 9:15:15 AM EDT
I can't find any employment in the area, that will allow me to keep my house. So we are moving back to Reno, and will be staying with the inlaws for a while, until we get on our feet, with a job and can afford another place.

Marlin, I will see you at Ault tomorrow, to swap you the ammo for the rings....

If you guy know of anyone looking for a nice house, 9 months old, in the $160K range, drop me a line. We will be getting ready to move for the next couple of weeks, planning on Reno, NLT 2nd week of July.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry dude, wish things were going better for you.  I'm in the same boat.  The recession is killing me financially.  Good luck and make sure to keep being a regular in here.  Karl.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:23:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn Dave, sorry to hear it. Think you'll be moving back in the future?

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hear you're leaving us Dave.

Best of luck with what the future brings you though.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:39:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Dave,

it is a shame this state will lose you.  I am glad I had the priviledge to meet you a few times and share some laughs. You take care of yourself and your family.

You will get back on top of the heap.  You are a good person.  Through adversity you will find the road to the future.

You will still be on arfcom though correct?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I will still be on AR15.com

I don't think at this time that coming back to Colorado will be happening.

I will check in ocassionally.

Thanks for the kind words!

dave
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:44:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Dave,

We'll miss you. Thanks for all your contributions to this forum and the Colorado site. Keep in touch!
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Dave,

Sorry to seek you go, and I wish you all the best.  

One thing I feel I must tell you from experience is to keep the time your family is at your in-laws as short as possible.  My inlaws' move to Colorado and participation in our everyday life was THE single most important factor in the breakdown and failure of my marriage.  It didn't have strong foundations, either, mind you... but once they got here there was no way of saving the marriage.   People act different for their parents, and revert to ways of thinking and feeling they may not have indulged in years...  its one of the reasons, I suppose, that they say "you can never go home."

Still, you should accept your inlaws' hospitality and help... pride, too, has no place in this.   Just try to look for an even approach... and get out of there ASAP at the first sign that the living arrangements might impact your marriage.

Best regards and good luck, Gonzo
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:38:39 PM EDT
[#8]
GOOD LUCK AND PRAYERS TO YA!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Dave,

Sorry to seek you go, and I wish you all the best.  

One thing I feel I must tell you from experience is to keep the time your family is at your in-laws as short as possible.  My inlaws' move to Colorado and participation in our everyday life was THE single most important factor in the breakdown and failure of my marriage.  It didn't have strong foundations, either, mind you... but once they got here there was no way of saving the marriage.   People act different for their parents, and revert to ways of thinking and feeling they may not have indulged in years...  its one of the reasons, I suppose, that they say "you can never go home."

Still, you should accept your inlaws' hospitality and help... pride, too, has no place in this.   Just try to look for an even approach... and get out of there ASAP at the first sign that the living arrangements might impact your marriage.

Best regards and good luck, Gonzo

I know exactly what you are saying, fortunately, it is my parents that cause the problems, my inlaws are great. As a matter of fact, they treat me better than my own family.

We lived very close to them for the first 3 years we were married, and they never even offered advice unless they were first asked for it.

Thanks for everything guys, I am not out of here yet, and am still hoping for work in the area, but it doesn't look good.

dave
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Dave,

Best wishes for you and your family.  I'm still hoping something does pop up so you can stay here locally.  If it doesn't work out, I hope the move treats you much better.  

Keep in touch..

Kyle
'WillysWagon'
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:43:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry to hear it Dave.  Keep your head up, it will turn out for the best.

If anyone else is looking for work, I have some leads for the Forest Service and the DOW.

E-mail me if interested.

SRM
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry to see you leave, but you have to do the best thing for the family. Jenson's won't be the same without you.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 12:10:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Man, I really hate to see you go.  Its been a real pleasure getting to know you.  Make sure you keep in touch with everyone here.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 12:13:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Good luck to you Dave.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks guys again, I had an interview in Reno on Monday, and a second on Monday July 14th. If you are a praying type, I would appreciate your prayers for a successful 2nd interview resulting in an offer.

later,

dave
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Prayers sent.  I just did two interviews as well.  I start monday 14July03, my birthday by the way.  A good birthday present.  I've been working 20hrs/wk. @ $8.00/hr. for six months now.  The new job is full time + benefits @ $12.00/hr. with a wage increase after 90 days.  That will be nice, hope to get back to the $18.00/hr. I was making before losing my last job.  Good luck in Reno Dave.  Karl.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:35:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Congrats on the job KPM!

Will be going in soon for the second interview.

dave
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, just heard today, the president of the company wants to talk to me next week concerning coming on board.

man it feels good after 9+ months of no work....

But it is in Reno, NV

So tomorrow is when we ship out.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey Dave,

Best of luck in Reno.  Drop by the site when you have a chance and let us know how the move and all went.

Later,
Kyle
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Congrats on the job KPM!

Will be going in soon for the second interview.

dave

Thanks, and keep us updated on the outcome of that interview.  Karl.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top