Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2003 8:35:11 AM EDT
300,000 M-14s destined for trash pile.
Petition calls on Congress instead to sell guns to help pay for Iraq war.

worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=33080

There is a petition drive to stop this, if you believe in such things.

www.petitiononline.com/M14CMP03/petition.html
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:15:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I signed...

it's a cryin' shame that the govn' wastes so much freakin money...
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:46:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I signed

KC
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:05:55 AM EDT
[#3]
#11,905.  Karl.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:41:32 AM EDT
[#4]
#11972. Fine rifle. Such waste.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:33:16 AM EDT
[#5]
We Want Our Rifles Back!  
By Jennifer Freeman  

The United States government is denying the request of law-abiding citizens to buy back military surplus M14s citing international agreements that would make such a program, "problematic."

We can only presume that the referred agreement was made during the United Nations Conference on the Illicit Trade of Small Arms and Light Weapons in All its Aspects in July 2001. As referenced in a follow up article on NewsMax, "Members also agreed to place special emphasis on post-conflict situations, to destroy illicit or surplus weapons as necessary, and to act responsibly in export, import, transit and retransfer of weapons." Also suggested at the conference was, "'voluntary' collection of small arms and the confiscation of "illegal" weapons."

www.sierratimes.com/03/06/25/libbelles.htm
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd REALLY like to vote from the rooftop of the U.N.

"Hey buddy! Veto THIS!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top