Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2003 6:33:40 PM EDT
anyone going next weekend? It sounds like fun. I went last year and rented an MP-40 & M2HB from Denver Bullet. It was really cool, especially walking the 9mm bullets onto target.

This year I want to shoot one of the .50 cal sniper rifles and fire an M-16 FA.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I and some other guys have 3 spots on the line, and will be doing rentals, too.
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 2:38:39 AM EDT
[#2]
It starts on Thursday and goes through sunday correct? Never been to one of these so I was wondering whats the best day to go? It's a long drive so I want it to be worth it and not packed.

Thanks,
Garrett
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Saturday, and stay for the night shoot.
I myself won't be arriving until Friday evening (gotta work Friday), and will be there for Saturday and the first part of Sunday.

Loading mags...
Linking links...
Filling belts...
Checking the guns, and checking them twice...

I'll also be accepting checks, visa/mc/discover at the shoot - no need to go away until the bank account's empty and the cards are maxed out!
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 11:15:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Richard make sure you poke me with a stick and say hi. We licensed at the same time we should at least say hi.

I will be there with the following.

Russian PPSH 41
HK 51
HK MP5
1928 Tommygun
UZI
Fn/FAL G1
4-M16s
2-FA Glocks
1-AK47
M-11
Sten MK3
HK G3
SKS I think

Probably something else.
2:00 AM and brain is fogged.

www.rmfcsa.org
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 4:53:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey Richard, did you get the new "secret weapon" finished? The one that's four times the fun?
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got two spot on the line renting also.  I'll have 2 m16s, AKS74U Krinkov, Uzi, MP5, HK G-36, 1919a4, Lar Grizzly and AR-50.  May have two more 50's if I get them scoped.   I'll be taking credit card also.  Come buy and say hi if you saw my post.

If you want footage shooting the rentals I'll film you shooting and burn it to CD or DVD on the spot, so that you won't forget what you just did years from now.

Alan Samuel Firearms
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#7]
wish i could go..but i cant...:(
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've got two spot on the line renting also.    AKS74U Krinkov

Alan Samuel Firearms

A Krinkov!!!!!! looks like I better bring more cash. It must be a dealer sample, right?
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 9:39:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hey Richard, did you get the new "secret weapon" finished? The one that's four times the fun?

Nope, not ready yet, and it may be pushing it to have even the operational bits ready for memorial day, much less the mount.

Day jobs get in the way of fun toys...
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 1:20:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep.  It is a dealer sample Krink on one of the very first bulgarian kits imported.  If you want to see a video of me shooting it. You need to have QuickTime 6 and good connection since it is 11mb, but hi quality footage.

http://www.alansamuel.com/movies/krink.mov
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:07:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Winemaster, Legrue & I went Saturday. It was a lot of fun.
I got to fire a full auto M-16, it was amazingly controllable. I also tried out a Krinkov, it took a little while to learn how to keep it on target, but it was fun. I liked that it was a rifle round in such a compact package.

The .50 Cal snipers rifles had a lot less recoil than I expected. Still an impressive blast, I nnever got used to hearing those pop off on the line.

The highlight of the day was burning up the Yugo and utter destruction of the mobile home.

"Think you used enough dynamite, Butch." It took a little fire, but when it went up it essentially disappeared.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I just updated my website with a composite video of the weekend.  If you go to www.alansamuel.com and click on the Machine Gun Videos on the left.  The movie is a 24mb Mpeg 4 video that is about 11 minutes long.  It should be worth the download.  If anyone wants a higher rez copy on CD or DVD I can make them for $15.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:38:58 AM EDT
[#13]
bluker1,

Great videos! Where in CO are you? I have friends that live in Mead.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:26:35 AM EDT
[#14]
To activate the link:

www.alansamuel.com
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Just curious here... what's the going rate for something like an M16 or MP5?

College kinda puts a damper on fun.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#16]
An M16 varies greatly from about 6K to 12K depending on the gun.  Lightning Links and auto sears are the cheaper way to go.  A registered receiver will cost more and Colt originals cost the most.  If you can find a NIB Colt M16 it will demand $10K+.  MP5's aren't cheap either.  At least $7.5K.  Karl.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:32:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I should clarify.. how much does it cost to RENT one of the same?

I think it'll be some time before I'll be buying.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:51:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I just updated my website with a composite video of the weekend.  If you go to www.alansamuel.com and click on the Machine Gun Videos on the left.  The movie is a 24mb Mpeg 4 video that is about 11 minutes long.  It should be worth the download.  If anyone wants a higher rez copy on CD or DVD I can make them for $15.

Great video's Thanks. I'll add a link to your site from the Colorado site.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:47:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I should clarify.. how much does it cost to RENT one of the same?

I think it'll be some time before I'll be buying.

Sorry, confused you with one of my millionaire buddies.  Rentals vary a little from rentee to rentee.  As low as ~$.50/round for subguns to ~$1.00/round.  Rifle calibers from ~$.75 to ~$1.50.  Karl.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top