Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Heads-up everyone, 1143, 1240, 5078  (pre-purchase approval, AW ban, and gun industry law suits) are on governor idiot’s docket to sign at 10am, Tuesday April 25th.

Looks like a media circus will ensue, these are the only three bills to be signed during the 10AM session.

Link to 10am signing schedule: https://crmpublicwebservice.ofm.wa.gov/bears/attachment/billactionnotice/9
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 2:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]
The Seond Amendment Foundation just filed a lawsuit against 1240...

NEWS RELEASE
Second Amendment Foundation
12500 NE Tenth Place  ·  Bellevue, WA   98005
(425) 454-7012  ·  FAX (425) 451-3959  ·  www.saf.org

SECOND AMENDMENT FOUNDATION SUES WASHINGTON OVER SEMI-AUTO BAN
For Immediate Release, April 25, 2023:               Contact:  Alan Gottlieb (425) 454-7012

BELLEVUE, WA – Responding quickly to the adoption of House Bill 1240 by the Washington Legislature and Gov. Jay Inslee signing it into law, the Second Amendment Foundation today filed a federal lawsuit challenging the new statute on Second and Fourteenth Amendment grounds, and is asking the court for preliminary and permanent injunctions.

The complaint was filed in U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington. The case is known as Hartford v. Ferguson. Joining SAF are the Firearms Policy Coalition, Sporting Systems, a Hazel Dell retailer, and three private citizens, Brett Bass, Douglas Mitchell and Lawrence Hartford, for whom the case is named. They are represented by Seattle attorney Joel Ard.

Named as defendants are Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson, State Patrol Chief John R. Batiste, Kitsap County Sheriff John Gese and County Prosecutor Chad M. Enright; Kittitas County Sheriff Clayton Myers and County Prosecutor Greg Zempel; Clark County Sheriff John Horch and County Prosecutor Tony Golik, and Snohomish County Sheriff Adam Fortnoy and County Prosecutor Jason Cummings, all in their official capacities.

“The State has enacted a flat prohibition on the manufacture, sale, import and distribution of many types of firearms, inaccurately labeled as ‘assault weapons,’ which are owned by millions of ordinary citizens across the country,” said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb. “In the process, the state has criminalized a common and important means of self-defense, the modern semiautomatic rifle. The state has put politics ahead of constitutional rights, and is penalizing law-abiding citizens while this legislation does nothing to arrest and prosecute criminals who misuse firearms in defiance of all existing gun control laws. It is absurd.”

He noted that SAF already has two legal actions in progress, challenging Washington gun laws. One lawsuit concerns the magazine ban and the other challenges the ban on sales of semiautomatic rifles to young adults.

“The hysteria manufactured by the authors and supporters of this legislation is rivaled only by the false characterization of the banned firearms as ‘weapons of war,’” SAF Executive Director Adam Kraut, added. “As we note in our complaint, the firearms that Washington bans as ‘assault weapons’ are, in all respects, ordinary semiautomatic rifles. To the extent they are different from other semiautomatic rifles, their distinguishing features make them safer and easier to use. But even if they are considered as a separate group of ‘assault weapons,’ they cannot be banned because they are not dangerous and unusual.

“We will take this case to the highest court in the land, if necessary,” Kraut added. “This sort of legislative demagoguery cannot be allowed to stand.”
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 3:09:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pure theater
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yes it was
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 3:13:21 PM EDT
[#6]
2af donation sent
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#7]
 Well, we're all behind enemy lines now.  It took years for it to get this bad, but here we are.  Our best hope now is the courts.  We could use some friendly local judges to grant an injunction and of course, Benitez's decision could be a big win.  It would be especially nice to have that decision today.  You hear me, Benitez...?

It will be interesting seeing how the local politicians and leftist judges in this state duke it out with pro 2A judges from higher courts.  I wonder if it will get to the point where someone is threatened with contempt.  They are so entrenched that they don't think they have to abide by higher courts rulings.  We'll see how far they're willing to take it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well, we're all behind enemy lines now.  It took years for it to get this bad, but here we are.  Our best hope now is the courts.  We could use some friendly local judges to grant an injunction and of course, Benitez's decision could be a big win.  It would be especially nice to have that decision today.  You hear me, Benitez...?

It will be interesting seeing how the local politicians and leftist judges in this state duke it out with pro 2A judges from higher courts.  I wonder if it will get to the point where someone is threatened with contempt.  They are so entrenched that they don't think they have to abide by higher courts rulings.  We'll see how far they're willing to take it.
View Quote

They are going to continue to push forward and ignore any higher rulings. There will be no contempt charges lol.

The courts are not coming to save you. Either prepare for the consequences of defying tyranny or follow their orders. There is no other option for a resident here.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#9]
On a side note, has anyone else noticed a complete stop of emails from online vendors? I have not received one today but yesterday and before I’d get at least 10 by lunch time.

So the new law bans manufacture, how does that effect my class 02 manufacturer FFL ?
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
On a side note, has anyone else noticed a complete stop of emails from online vendors? I have not received one today but yesterday and before I’d get at least 10 by lunch time.

So the new law bans manufacture, how does that effect my class 7 manufacturer FFL ?
View Quote

You can still make Assault Weapons of War, and even sell/ship/distribute them to out of state residents, you just can't sell them in-state, except to LE and Military.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 6:07:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Silent Majortiy Foundation just sent out the following...

SMF immediate action against SHB1240
SILENT MAJORITY FOUNDATION
APR 25

Acting immediately, Silent Majority Foundation today filed a state lawsuit challenging the latest effort of Governor Inslee, Attorney General Ferguson, and the state legislature to impair the fundamental constitutional right of Washington citizens to bear arms in self-defense.

SMF is seeking an emergency temporary restraining order, and will move for a preliminary and permanent injunction immediately thereafter.

The petition for declaratory and injunctive relief was filed in Grant County Superior Court, which is home to petitioners Guardian Arms LLC, Millard Sales, LLC, two local gun stores, individuals Michael McKee, Edgar Salazar, Paul Hill, Ted Hile, Brina Yearout, Nathan Poplawski, and Jaxon Holman, and SMF, which is asserting organizational standing on behalf of its members and donors.  The petitioners are represented by Pete Serrano and Austin Hatcher.

SMF received interest from potential plaintiffs around the state, but decided to bring the action in the county from which a majority of interested plaintiffs resided.  The overreach of SHB 1240 was evidenced from the widespread interest from individual citizens who wished to challenge the prohibitions, as well as the outpouring of interest from firearms dealers, law enforcement and military veterans, disabled individuals who will no longer be able to purchase accessories and parts to modify weapons they use for self-defense, and democratic voters who think the state has gone too far under the auspices of public safety.

The provisions of SHB 1240 will do nothing to curb crime, and only impair the right of law-abiding citizens to continue purchasing the most commonly owned type of firearm in the country.  Semiautomatic firearms have been in widespread use for more than a century, and are as American as baseball and apple pie.

This action is the latest in a series of challenges filed by SMF to combat the ever increasing restrictions by the Governor, Attorney General, and Legislature to eviscerate the constitutionally-protected right to bear arms.  SMF is maintaining an action challenging the ten round magazine ban in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington, as well as a challenge in state court fighting the ban on “ghost guns” or self-manufactured firearms in Stevens County Superior Court.

The Washington Constitution is supposed to grant broader protections than the federal constitution, and SMF intends to put that legal maxim to the test, and is prepared to take this case to the Washington Supreme Court if necessary.  Ultimately, it is hoped that the courts start protecting individual rights, rather than further limiting and restricting them incrementally.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I was on RSR's website earlier today before the bill passed, and they listed 1,650 "semi automatic long guns" in the filter I was looking at.  This included lower receivers, etc, even though those are technically not "long guns."  It also includes shotguns and rimfire options.  

Anyway, after the bill passed they sent out an email saying that WA State dealers would be blocked from ordering guns that are not allowed.  This afternoon, they are working through their catalog, and now I can't even SEE those items.  That same exact filter now shows just 471 available options (centerfire, rimfire and shotgun)  

When they are done scrubbing, I think there will be 32 choices for semi-automatic centerfire rifles left......
Ruger Mini 14 (5 configurations)
Ruger Mini 30 (1 configuration)
Browning BAR Mk2 (21 configurations)
Auto Ordnance M1 Carbine non-paratrooper stock (1 configuration)
Chiappa M1-9 MBR (1 configuration)
Keltec SU16 Sport (3 configurations)
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was on RSR's website earlier today before the bill passed, and they listed 1,650 "semi automatic long guns" in the filter I was looking at.  This included lower receivers, etc, even though those are technically not "long guns."  It also includes shotguns and rimfire options.  

Anyway, after the bill passed they sent out an email saying that WA State dealers would be blocked from ordering guns that are not allowed.  This afternoon, they are working through their catalog, and now I can't even SEE those items.  That same exact filter now shows just 471 available options (centerfire, rimfire and shotgun)  

When they are done scrubbing, I think there will be 32 choices for semi-automatic centerfire rifles left......
Ruger Mini 14 (5 configurations)
Ruger Mini 30 (1 configuration)
Browning BAR Mk2 (21 configurations)
Auto Ordnance M1 Carbine non-paratrooper stock (1 configuration)
Chiappa M1-9 MBR (1 configuration)
Keltec SU16 Sport (3 configurations)
View Quote

You can still get a damn M1A in CA and NY. But not Washington.

It really is the most restrictive in the country now. We went from getting back suppressors and SBRs to getting nothing.

Well. Subservient men get nothing. Free men do as they please.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You can still get a damn M1A in CA and NY. But not Washington.

It really is the most restrictive in the country now. We went from getting back suppressors and SBRs to getting nothing.

Well. Subservient men get nothing. Free men do as they please.
View Quote

LRB Arms M14 or a Fulton Armory M14 is ok, or other MFRs out there that make them.  It's only the "Springfield Armory M1A" banned by name, not "all types"....
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#15]
M1 garand
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

LRB Arms M14 or a Fulton Armory M14 is ok, or other MFRs out there that make them.  It's only the "Springfield Armory M1A" banned by name, not "all types"....
View Quote

Doesn’t 1240 ban clones of all named types too?
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You can still make Assault Weapons of War, and even sell/ship/distribute them to out of state residents, you just can't sell them in-state, except to LE and Military.
View Quote

I pray that no one is going to make them in this state of all places and sell to LE or mil.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. It say "Any of the following specific firearms regardless of which company produced and manufactured the firearm", and then lists "Springfield Armory M1A".  Well, neither Fulton Armory nor LRB make a "Springfield Armory M1A", or even just an "M1A" for that matter.  Ergo, those are still legal.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 2:22:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well, neither Fulton Armory nor LRB make a "Springfield Armory M1A", or even just an "M1A" for that matter.  Ergo, those are still legal.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 2:26:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I pray that no one is going to make them in this state of all places and sell to LE or mil.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  But it means that Aero and Zev don’t HAVE to move right away. Should they?  Maybe. Should they make as much as possible and only sell to out of state civvies in the meantime?  Yes, other that it gives funding to commie fucks.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 2:33:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Nope. It say "Any of the following specific firearms regardless of which company produced and manufactured the firearm", and then lists "Springfield Armory M1A".  Well, neither Fulton Armory nor LRB make a "Springfield Armory M1A", or even just an "M1A" for that matter.  Ergo, those are still legal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, if you could find one without a threaded barrel it would seem to be compliant under hb1240, unless they consider the dust cover to be a shroud?
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 2:53:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Agreed.  But it means that Aero and Zev don’t HAVE to move right away. Should they?  Maybe. Should they make as much as possible and only sell to out of state civvies in the meantime?  Yes, other that it gives funding to commie fucks.
View Quote

I don’t care if they move, that’s their business. But selling to the enforcement agents would be unforgivable from where I sit
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I don’t care if they move, that’s their business. But selling to the enforcement agents would be unforgivable from where I sit
View Quote

I’m a retired cop, did 32 years and I wouldn’t sell shit to any law enforcement entity state or federal and that should go for any state that restricts our God given right.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 9:58:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I’m a retired cop, did 32 years and I wouldn’t sell shit to any law enforcement entity state or federal and that should go for any state that restricts our God given right.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is a good to hear.

I wish Glock, Sig, etc would stand up to these tyrant states and say if the citizens cannot have our factory made OEM mags and guns the police cannot either.  Then the police are stuck with what they have currently or change laws.  Or say Glock or whoever decides to sell to the police then maybe people from the other states all say boycott Glock or what ever company.  The company can choose freedom on a national market, or tyranny
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That is a good to hear.

I wish Glock, Sig, etc would stand up to these tyrant states and say if the citizens cannot have our factory made OEM mags and guns the police cannot either.  Then the police are stuck with what they have currently or change laws.  Or say Glock or whoever decides to sell to the police then maybe people from the other states all say boycott Glock or what ever company.  The company can choose freedom on a national market, or tyranny
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a good to hear.

In all honesty and no disrespect intended, but the police are no different then you or I. They are citizens like the rest of us, and what goes for us should go for them. I also would like to see either gun manufacturers stop selling, or other states boycott as well.  It really sucks that money in the freedom industry overshadows the freedom part.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It really sucks that money in the freedom industry overshadows the freedom part.
View Quote

Always does. And those that preach freedom the loudest are the ones quickest to put money above freedom. Funny how that works
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Rumor has it Aero has struck a deal to stay in Washington and continue to produce parts for both themselves and Stag. They can only sale out of state though. Apparently the taxes they pay to Washington State is so significant they were allowed an exemption. I’m attempting to find sources to back this up so at this time just rumor mill but it would not surprise me in the least. Money always comes first
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Rumor has it Aero has struck a deal to stay in Washington and continue to produce parts for both themselves and Stag. They can only sale out of state though. Apparently the taxes they pay to Washington State is so significant they were allowed an exemption. I’m attempting to find sources to back this up so at this time just rumor mill but it would not surprise me in the least. Money always comes first
View Quote

So as a holder of a type 7 FFL (manufacturer) does that mean I’m now out of the semi auto/clone business?
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would appreciate you or anyone else posting up a source or some kind of proof if it becomes available. Like you it would not surprise me but it would still really piss me off and I hope it’s not true
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 11:16:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I would appreciate you or anyone else posting up a source or some kind of proof if it becomes available. Like you it would not surprise me but it would still really piss me off and I hope it’s not true
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, I wouldn’t buy from Aero anymore for sure. Selling out, while I understand the cost of moving but at some point you need to pick a side and make a stand not sit on the fence playing for both sides, pocketing money from pro firearms 2nd amendment citizens while making deals with the enemy. If it is true and I’m not allowed to purchase and build that would be 100% bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 11:35:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

In all honesty and no disrespect intended, but the police are no different than you or I. They are citizens like the rest of us, and what goes for us should go for them. I also would like to see either gun manufacturers stop selling, or other states boycott as well.  It really sucks that money in the freedom industry overshadows the freedom part.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a retired cop, did 32 years and I wouldn't sell shit to any law enforcement entity state or federal and that should go for any state that restricts our God given right.

That is a good to hear.

In all honesty and no disrespect intended, but the police are no different than you or I. They are citizens like the rest of us, and what goes for us should go for them. I also would like to see either gun manufacturers stop selling, or other states boycott as well.  It really sucks that money in the freedom industry overshadows the freedom part.
Most police know this is bs.  That's why sideshow Bob made this commercial and commercial to go after sellers
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 1:17:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I certainly hope not, it would be a kick to the balls in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd be happier if they said fuck you and left WA altogether
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#35]
It's too soon for companies or other interests to move their operations, they will just hang on a while till the dust settles on the legal challenges.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Agreed, I wouldn’t buy from Aero anymore for sure. Selling out, while I understand the cost of moving but at some point you need to pick a side and make a stand not sit on the fence playing for both sides, pocketing money from pro firearms 2nd amendment citizens while making deals with the enemy. If it is true and I’m not allowed to purchase and build that would be 100% bullshit.
View Quote

I’m learning to be disappointed in just about every firearm company. Again I hope this was bad info but it won’t surprise me if true. The mag ban was a real eye opener. Seeing how many companies will trip over themselves to be the first one to comply made me sick.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 4:38:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Guys, Aero is listed as a plaintiff suing Washington state. They're footing part of the bill for legal counsel. They need to do whatever they can to keep the doors open to keep them sweet freedom money flowing to lawyers on our side.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Guys, Aero is listed as a plaintiff suing Washington state. They're footing part of the bill for legal counsel. They need to do whatever they can to keep the doors open to keep them sweet freedom money flowing to lawyers on our side.
View Quote
Good point
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:08:19 PM EDT
[#39]
It looks like the hearing for the Silent Majority Foundation request for a temporary restrining order is on May 9th.

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:36:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It looks like the hearing for the Silent Majority Foundation request for a temporary restrining order is on May 9th.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:43:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Of what year??  
Well, these fucking lib judges, who knows!!??  I am figuring you meant this May, which is good.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 4:54:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Seems like CA and WA are untouchable when they pass all these BS unconstitutional laws, WTF?
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#43]
WTF with people dissing on AERO here?  

They are suing the state.  

They prioritized shipments to WA buyers.  

They are leading the fight against this shit….

And Aero did not get a special carve out, all WA manufacturers did, as even a Dem does not want to be shown directly responsible for people losing their jobs.  (They expect all the FFL’s to just sell single shot .22’s, if you cannot stay in business with those, well not their fault…)
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:07:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
WTF with people dissing on AERO here?  

They are suing the state.  

They prioritized shipments to WA buyers.  

They are leading the fight against this shit….

And Aero did not get a special carve out, all WA manufacturers did, as even a Dem does not want to be shown directly responsible for people losing their jobs.  (They expect all the FFL’s to just sell single shot .22’s, if you cannot stay in business with those, well not their fault…)
View Quote

I’m asking this because I honestly don’t know the answer……does aero sell direct to any law enforcement agencies or gov employees to use in the line of work? If so, do they plan to continue doing so?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:48:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Here’s a quote worth noting:

“The city does not have to implement what the state has passed,” Councilmember Teresa Mosqueda said in an afternoon briefing. Mosqueda encouraged her colleagues to take more time with the proposal

On that front, it could easily be argued that the state level egregious gun control laws could be ignored by any municipality that sees fit.

Fuck all this noise, we should do the needful and continue to drive freedom.

This reinforces my desire to move to the Vegas area. Yeah, Cali East and all that, at least my experience there over the years has consistently demonstrated that the homeless are far more docile and less threatening than everything I’ve experienced in Seattle in recent years.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:38:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Here’s a quote worth noting:

“The city does not have to implement what the state has passed,” Councilmember Teresa Mosqueda said in an afternoon briefing. Mosqueda encouraged her colleagues to take more time with the proposal

On that front, it could easily be argued that the state level egregious gun control laws could be ignored by any municipality that sees fit.

Fuck all this noise, we should do the needful and continue to drive freedom.

This reinforces my desire to move to the Vegas area. Yeah, Cali East and all that, at least my experience there over the years has consistently demonstrated that the homeless are far more docile and less threatening than everything I’ve experienced in Seattle in recent years.
View Quote

Are you under the impression the demographics of NV are on your side? Depending on your age I would take a serious look at that before packing up and moving there
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top