BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 8:34:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i'm fine with it. every ounce of respect i had left for that profession went up in the flames of summer 2020. i can only see so many leo's coddling criminals while harassing citizens before i get turned off. and with ever increasing anti 2A laws being passed here, it is not lost on me who will be doing the door kicking and cuffing to enforce these laws.
View Quote

All the non-vaxxers and J6 protestors were kicked out of the police forces.

The compliant remain.  This is what the Democrats want in their Stasi Police.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 1:35:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm really curious as to what the proposed ban will look like. I'm assuming ( I know it isn't good to assume) that it will be a repeat of sb 5217 from 21-22 session. Bans just about everything. Current owners can keep what they have but only use on private property or a licensed range blah blah. If I remember correctly one previous version required registration with the state patrol.
    If, and lets be adults here, likely when this is passed the people that I feel worst for future gun owners. People who are already owners will probably decide to keep what they have. Future owners will be shit out of luck if they want to own a ar, ak, or even something historical like an  m1a. Just sucks.  
    To tell you the truth the libs wanting a gun license is the most worrisome to me.  Easy to just turn the screws a little tighter each few years and disqualify more and more people from owning any type of firearm.
    I'm certainly not making light of an awb, it would suck mightily. I however think long term that a license  like Illinois's foid card really really sets up people to have their  rights trampled.

Link Posted: 12/13/2022 2:45:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i'm fine with it. every ounce of respect i had left for that profession went up in the flames of summer 2020. i can only see so many leo's coddling criminals while harassing citizens before i get turned off. and with ever increasing anti 2A laws being passed here, it is not lost on me who will be doing the door kicking and cuffing to enforce these laws.

That just removes all doubt.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 11:29:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

sorry, they've been doing stasi things since long before covid.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Was SB5217 the one that required annual inspections?
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Was SB5217 the one that required annual inspections?
View Quote

I dont remember to be honest. That rings a bell but for some reason I thought it was from a different bill
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#7]
One thing I’ve wondered is of they pull off a ban, how much of an impact that’s going to have on businesses that sell a lot of semi autos. No idea what % of their revenue comes from that.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
One thing I’ve wondered is of they pull off a ban, how much of an impact that’s going to have on businesses that sell a lot of semi autos. No idea what % of their revenue comes from that.
View Quote

My Dad and I were just talking about this the other day.
Several of the small "tactical " shops that we have around here will be screwed I would think.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#9]
New Statements re: desired legislation by "Alliance for Gun Responsibility".  Alegedly Inslee and Ferguson are looking at Kuderer and Peterson to sponsor...   https://www.theolympian.com/news/politics-government/article269789857.html

- Nw -
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
New Statements re: desired legislation by "Alliance for Gun Responsibility".  Alegedly Inslee and Ferguson are looking at Kuderer and Peterson to sponsor...   https://www.theolympian.com/news/politics-government/article269789857.html

- Nw -
View Quote

The bill will target the supply of assault-style weapons by “prohibiting the manufacture, possession, distribution, importation, transfer, sale, offer for sale, and purchase of any assault weapon,”
View Quote
Thats flat out prohibition. Turn them in or go to jail. Or some kind of registration/inspection scheme brewing.

And here we go with this vague statement crap again. I looked at the PDF of the last AWB they didnt get out of committee:
while engaged in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting;
View Quote
Does that exclude target shooting in the woods or does that mean ANY lawful activity?
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Does that exclude target shooting in the woods or does that mean ANY lawful activity?
View Quote

Nobody knows. And good luck getting Turd Ferguson to give you an answer. Apparently even our Republican reps are incapable of writing him a letter and asking for a binding legal opinion.

It's only a felony, not like it's a big deal.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And here we go with this vague statement crap again. I looked at the PDF of the last AWB they didnt get out of committee:

View Quote

The term “such as” is typically illustrative and not limitative.  With that in mind, it could be used for any outdoor recreational activity, with hunting being only one example.  Target shooting is a legal recreational activity.  That is my take, anyway.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
 That is my take, anyway.
View Quote

That is mine too, but you know how law verbage seems to say one thing yet really means another
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 10:21:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thats flat out prohibition. Turn them in or go to jail. Or some kind of registration/inspection scheme brewing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Nw -

The bill will target the supply of assault-style weapons by “prohibiting the manufacture, possession, distribution, importation, transfer, sale, offer for sale, and purchase of any assault weapon,”

Not necessarily, there could be a clause that states “unless possessed prior to XX/XX/2023”
Isn’t that what they did for magazines?
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 5:53:44 AM EDT
[#15]
The Bruen ruling is clear, & the supremacy clause of the US Constitution is a thing. Don't cower to the bully.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Bruen ruling is clear, & the supremacy clause of the US Constitution is a thing. Don't cower to the bully.
View Quote

until politicians and activist judges are held accountable, and severely punished, this shit will continue.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

until politicians and activist judges are held accountable, and severely punished, this shit will continue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Government isn't in the business of punishing itself, let alone even holding itself accountable. Guess who that ultimately falls to...
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 4:27:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Government isn't in the business of punishing itself, let alone even holding itself accountable. Guess who that ultimately falls to...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Theoritcally, it is possible to discipline judges.  I can't say I've heard of it being done (outside of judges getting in trouble off work).  

I'd like to see a judge get in trouble for violating clear decisions of the Supreme Court.  That court shouldn't have to issue multiple clear decisions on 2A issues before a non-compliant judge adheres to them.  These renegade judges know they are violating Bruen decision, but are willing to string it along as long as possible because of personal beliefs.  They pretend Bruen doesn't exist or agree with ridiculous arguements by gun control groups to affirm their decisions.  Then, they put their feet up and wait for months while it gets challenged in higher courts again.  

These judges are just eroding the rule of law we have in this country by legislating from the bench.  They're just pushing the country towards a rework of the judicial system or groups of citizens settling their issues outside of court.

American Bar - Discipline rules

Link Posted: 12/16/2022 6:23:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks like I made it out of WA just in time!
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#20]
TUKWILA, Wash. — Washington State Gov. Jay Inslee and Attorney General Bob Ferguson are slated to announce bills to combat gun violence on Monday in Tukwila.

The press conference is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m.

Inslee and Ferguson will discuss several bills for the upcoming legislative session to address gun violence, according to the offices of Inslee and Ferguson. They will be joined by legislators, community organizations and gun violence prevention advocates to talk about the measures.

https://komonews.com/news/local/governor-jay-inslee-attorney-general-bob-ferguson-gun-violence-seattle-tukwila-king-county-washington-state-ingraham-high-school-dvonne-pickett-jr#
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:01:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Is the SCOTUS likely to overturn anything on their wish list? Yes.

They know this, but will it stop them? No!!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:10:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I can't wait to hear how these "common sense proposals " do not infringe on the second amendment  and will keep us all safe.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I can't wait to hear how these "common sense proposals " do not infringe on the second amendment  and will keep us all safe.
View Quote

It is funny how "common sense" was not applied when they emptied the prisons because of covid.

Your real safety was not as important as their imagined safety.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 12:13:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
TUKWILA, Wash. — Washington State Gov. Jay Inslee and Attorney General Bob Ferguson are slated to announce bills to combat gun violence on Monday in Tukwila.

The press conference is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m.

Inslee and Ferguson will discuss several bills for the upcoming legislative session to address gun violence, according to the offices of Inslee and Ferguson. They will be joined by legislators, community organizations and gun violence prevention advocates to talk about the measures.

https://komonews.com/news/local/governor-jay-inslee-attorney-general-bob-ferguson-gun-violence-seattle-tukwila-king-county-washington-state-ingraham-high-school-dvonne-pickett-jr#
View Quote

Awesome comment section on this KOMO article ??
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 5:09:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Probably announcing it with such fanfare because they know the fix is in, that they'll get everything they demand

Theres no one or group in Oly to block their efforts. The dims are in majority.

I think having stripped lowers to build later will be negated by the combination of a registration and "no manufacturing" scheme.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Today’s the day we hear about the bills (10am). Bracing for the inevitable bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Today’s the day we hear about the bills (10am). Bracing for the inevitable bullshit.
View Quote

It’ll be every off the wall anti-gun law they can think of to try and thumb their nose at the USSC
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#28]
What channel
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What channel
View Quote

Press conference is running here:

I haven’t heard the particulars yet (still loading).

Update:

- AWB
- Permit to purchase
- More ability to sue manufacturers
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Watching 11am homo news on ABC/channel 4

They're going to cover it there too
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 3:21:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Komo didnt go over anything other than soundbites of dimslee saying he wants a ban on military style assault guns and more accountability for gun manufacturers/sellers.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#32]
News articles stating banning the “sale” of assault weapons. Curious to see where this starts and where it ends. If I was a betting man, they go for broke initially and then compromise down to ban all future sales, those in the state will be grandfathered.

Of course I could be wrong and they full retard…..
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
News articles stating banning the “sale” of assault weapons. Curious to see where this starts and where it ends. If I was a betting man, they go for broke initially and then compromise down to ban all future sales, those in the state will be grandfathered.

View Quote

Sound bites are irrelevant. Watch for committee bills & the language therein.

Always know that supermajority oligarch dictatorships backstopped by a complicit majority constituency will do whatever they desire with impunity, your constitution(s) be damned.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think they softballed it. Them banning future sales ONLY without adding no allowable repair (read that as no "manufacturing), no buying/selling of parts and no passdown or grandfathering..... is wishful thinking. Poster above is correct though, we have to keep an eye on committee and see what they try to add.

First things first though we need to see the bills language they're proposing.

Link Posted: 12/19/2022 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I think they softballed it. Them banning future sales ONLY without adding no allowable repair (read that as no "manufacturing), no buying/selling of parts and no passdown or grandfathering..... is wishful thinking. Poster above is correct though, we have to keep an eye on committee and see what they try to add.

View Quote

Yes we do. “No place in our community” always comes across as they don’t want you keeping what you already own. New sales is one thing - but no parts, registration and no transferability is what really concerns me. As far as I’m concerned, what I own is communal property between my wife and me. No one is going to force her to give up her guns after I pass.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yes we do. “No place in our community” always comes across as they don’t want you keeping what you already own. New sales is one thing - but no parts, registration and no transferability is what really concerns me. As far as I’m concerned, what I own is communal property between my wife and me. No one is going to force her to give up her guns after I pass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or my kids, might be time to add everything to my trust, then make them all trustees.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 11:09:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Hey Inthee & Turd Fergee How bout you guys disarm your body guards with those scary black guns first and set the example for us peons.
Not a fuc*king chance in hell that would ever happen!
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 1:54:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Sound bites area irrelevant. Watch for committee bills & the language therein.

Always know that supermajority oligarch dictatorships backstopped by a complicit majority constituency will do whatever they desire with impunity, your constitution(s) be damned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sound bites area irrelevant. Watch for committee bills & the language therein.

Trust me, I am well aware of what Dems with a super majority can accomplish. I lived through this in Connecticut with the original assault weapons ban of 1993 and their never ending quest to pass more and more legislation every year after that. I finally left right before Sandy Hook. I am fully expecting them to try and ban everything here. Inslee, Ferguson, and the Dem legislature are executing the exact same plays as other states that have fallen.

Perhaps I am caught up in the Christmas spirit but remain hopeful that we can fight this and have some impact on the final legislation. Of course I am probably wrong and we will get fucked royally.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Boom_Stick adding to your ‘softball’ observation, finding it interesting this morning that the KOMO site completely dropped the story from its front page. Almost as if intentionally limiting the exposure of something they know will get pushback.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 1:48:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Boom_Stick adding to your ‘softball’ observation, finding it interesting this morning that the KOMO site completely dropped the story from its front page. Almost as if intentionally limiting the exposure of something they know will get pushback.
View Quote

Interesting. Looked at the comments first day and every single one was in opposition. Dont know how far comments got after a few days though.

Still, they had overwhelming verbal opposition last year both in the media and in the congressional comments section. Didnt stop them from an 11th hr vote. I think we'll be facing the same thing again. There has been a lot of pushback with teeth this time due to Bruen but I dont think that will deter Wa. Call me cynical but, you know.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Interesting. Looked at the comments first day and every single one was in opposition. Dont know how far comments got after a few days though.

Still, they had overwhelming verbal opposition last year both in the media and in the congressional comments section. Didnt stop them from an 11th hr vote. I think we'll be facing the same thing again. There has been a lot of pushback with teeth this time due to Bruen but I dont think that will deter Wa. Call me cynical but, you know.
View Quote

Its a situation that is unique to modern politics in this country.  There is so much polarization that some politicians don't care about what is legal, only what is possible.  So now we get situations where people like Inslee and Ferguson are pushing laws they know to be unconstitutional, but don't really care.  They have their personal beliefs and the knowledge that it may take months or years to overturn the laws.  The key is that they'll face no personal consequences.  Their supporters will continue to support them because they feel that all guns are too dangerous and their owners are bad people.  

I hope there is a pathway in the future to stop this type of behavior.  Really, it should cover both sides of politics.  When you erode the law, especially from the Supreme Court, then we are living a society without a functional rule of law.  That is not a good situation.  There needs to be a consequence of something like you are struck from office and barred from any public office for clearly violating the rights of your citizens and your oath of your office.  Its one thing to be a bad politician, its another to blatantly violate the basic rights of our constitition and dare anyone to stop you.  

I don't have too much optimism in the short term, but it sure would be nice to have a few friendly judges ready with their injunctions to backstop these laws.  "Sorry, these laws are likely unconstitutional, the injunction is granted indefinately until the Supreme Court can decide on this issue".
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:33:32 PM EDT
[#42]
They absolutely don't care if what they pass is unconstitutional. Inslee and Ferguson hate you - frankly I think Ferguson does more so than Inslee, as Ferguson's commentary on this topic is always very emotionally charged with a very obvious taint of disdain towards those who oppose it, and he has obviously put deep consideration into what he's saying and doing. Inslee simply isn't bright enough to really have put that much thought into it, he's just playing follow the leaders of California, and now Oregon as well.

IIRC (and I'd have to look this up again) Ferguson made the claim that Heller violated the 2nd Amendment by limiting the states' rights to enact regulations and restrictions on firearms. That is his legal interpretation of what "well regulated" implies in the 2nd Amendment - that the state has the right, perhaps even the obligation, to regulate and restrict firearms.

That's the interpretation of the constitution by our state's top attorney: that there is a right enumerated in the Bill of Rights that somehow does not actually define the rights of an individual, but the right of the state, and it's shockingly common on the left.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They absolutely don't care if what they pass is unconstitutional. Inslee and Ferguson hate you - frankly I think Ferguson does more so than Inslee, as Ferguson's commentary on this topic is always very emotionally charged with a very obvious taint of disdain towards those who oppose it, and he has obviously put deep consideration into what he's saying and doing. Inslee simply isn't bright enough to really have put that much thought into it, he's just playing follow the leaders of California, and now Oregon as well.

IIRC (and I'd have to look this up again) Ferguson made the claim that Heller violated the 2nd Amendment by limiting the states' rights to enact regulations and restrictions on firearms. That is his legal interpretation of what "well regulated" implies in the 2nd Amendment - that the state has the right, perhaps even the obligation, to regulate and restrict firearms.

That's the interpretation of the constitution by our state's top attorney: that there is a right enumerated in the Bill of Rights that somehow does not actually define the rights of an individual, but the right of the state, and it's shockingly common on the left.
View Quote

i think your point about the mental capacity of those 2 is spot on. inslee is obviously not very bright. much like biden he's just a useful idiot for the left to enact their wishes.
ferguson is the true believer commie on a mission.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

i think your point about the mental capacity of those 2 is spot on. inslee is obviously not very bright. much like biden he's just a useful idiot for the left to enact their wishes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have always thought Inslee is a dim bulb with a huge ego for no other reason then he’s surrounded by “yes” people. Ferguson is the brains and has full control of this state with his hand up Inslees ass the puppeteer.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I have always thought Inslee is a dim bulb with a huge ego for no other reason then he’s surrounded by “yes” people. Ferguson is the brains and has full control of this state with his hand up Inslees ass the puppeteer.
View Quote

Correct

Ferguson was the first to mandate covid vaccines.  All the other state elected executives followed his lead
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct. That is not a litmus test. None of them had a problem with standing with the "emergency" dictates right up until it was their turn & nobody was left to say anything on their behalf, in part because them. So, they can go cry me a river. I'm done with LE as an "ally". The culture is devolved about pay-me & "let the courts work it out". It's far & away past the point having any faith in a rigged bureaucracy disguised as "justice". Yeah, no. Any pretense of police "service" evaporated in the aftermath of the political & social trampling incurred since from 2020. I'm done with all of it.

Apparently, the so-called relationship with government & the people concerning constitutional/contractual agreement of the balance of rights & responsibilities was a mirage. It/they never had any concern about it, & have thus broken from it, & have no desire to correct course to abide by it. I'm at peace with the fact that it's really over. It's just down to simple, straightforward survival now.

The US-Mexico border breakdown shows the true nature of our government. That kind of chaos is in store for us all, sooner or later.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Correct. That is not a litmus test. None of them had a problem with standing with the "emergency" dictates right up until it was their turn & nobody was left to say anything in their behalf, in part because them. So, they can go cry me a river. I'm done with LE as an "ally". The culture is devolved about pay-me & "let the courts work it out". It's far & away past the point having any faith in a rigged bureaucracy disguised as "justice". Yeah, no. Any pretense of police "service" evaporated in the aftermath of the political & social trampling incurred since from 2020. I'm done with all of it.

Apparently, the so-called relationship with government & the people concerning constitutional/contractual agreement of the balance of rights & responsibilities was a mirage. It/they never had any concern about it, & have thus broken from it, & have no desire to correct course to abide by it. I'm at peace with the fact that it's really over. It's just down to simple, straightforward survival now.

The US-Mexico border breakdown shows the true nature of our government. That kind of chaos is in store for us all, sooner or later.
View Quote

well said. i have no use for the police and although for much different reasons than the communists, am fully on board with the defund movement. i would prefer there be no men with guns and badges than what we have.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:13:39 PM EDT
[#48]
I sure wish they'd get these bills pre-filed.  There is a bill prefiled regarding "duties " of the firearms industry.
SB 5078. It reads to me like it places liability on firearm sellers.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 8:36:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

well said. i have no use for the police and although for much different reasons than the communists, am fully on board with the defund movement. i would prefer there be no men with guns and badges than what we have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Right with you. But stupid, true-believer conservative blue-backers will stay stupid right to their end. Because, you know, their big government isn't bad like that. For some reason.

Quoted:
I sure wish they'd get these bills pre-filed.  There is a bill prefiled regarding "duties " of the firearms industry.
SB 5078. It reads to me like it places liability on firearm sellers.

It does, & is a straight up violation of existing federal laws & SC rulings. But go ahead & sue them.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 10:17:02 AM EDT
[#50]
They don’t care how many times they’re sued, it gives Ferguson something to do, plus he’s not paying the bill we are. Maybe if defending against unconstitutional laws came out of the pockets of those who enacted and or signed them into law would help slow this bullshit down. Loose a few cases and loose a couple million bucks out of your own pocket you might take a hard look at your job. It’s real easy to depend other peoples money, when your spending your own you pay allot better attention.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top